Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kinda... If that was the case, then we all could have lost weight just by going on a diet. A positive outlook in life is a good thing as is wanting to change but I couldn't wish away my fat no matter how great my desire was.

I do believe that this journey is anchored with a burning desire to change, but, more importantly, it is fueled by a reasonable and effective plan of action, supportive tools, grit, perseverance, and a consistent dedication to making good decisions!

Kinda... If that was the case, then we all could have lost weight just by going on a diet. A positive outlook in life is a good thing as is wanting to change but I couldn't wish away my fat no matter how great my desire was.

I feel like taking the step and getting the surgery is our desire to change..no true change comes without wanting it but also the backbone of change is the hard work. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Lucky2Lose

My husband and I are both morbidly obese. I want to change, he doesn't. I will be getting the surgery and dropping pounds, and he'll stay the same. Maybe one day, with my positive example, he'll come around.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using the BariatricPal App

I do believe that this journey is anchored with a burning desire to change, but, more importantly, it is fueled by a reasonable and effective plan of action, supportive tools, grit, perseverance, and a consistent dedication to making good decisions!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

As I said in one of my post, " I don't want any naysayers in my posse". Another piece of the positive energy puzzle is to believe. You have to believe you can do it. Really believe. See yourself succeeding. About 5 months,ago before I made this my decision, I woke from a dream where I saw myself standing in the doorway of my garage to patio entrance. I saw myself hosting a family party. It,was like I was watching myself. I was wearing a pair of yellow Capris with a yellow and white tank top and gold sandals. I was so thin!! I don't even own anything yellow!! Lol. But I look at her (me) now all the time in my mind. Visualize what you wish to become. Believe that you will achieve your goal. And most importantly...pray...ask God to guide and bless you in your journey and then reach for the brass ring. Hold on tight and don't let go. Anything is possible....Believe.!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

@@K_aane,

I totally agree. Visualizing is so important. I needed this thread to remind myself that I need to keep visualizing and taking it a day at a time and follow my plan and the weight will come off.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

My husband and I are both morbidly obese. I want to change, he doesn't. I will be getting the surgery and dropping pounds, and he'll stay the same. Maybe one day, with my positive example, he'll come around.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using the BariatricPal App

My husband and we're both morbidly obese too. Your situation mirrors mine. I had the surgery and 4 months later I'm down 75 lbs and he has refused to make a single change. Sometimes he gets up some motivation to try for a few days but ultimately reverts right back.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BariatricPal mobile app