Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going out to eat tonight! Any ideas so I don't look foolish?

First day off of the pureed stage!!!!

Going out to eat tonight and then catching a movie. I understand that I will be ordering and eating only Protein. Probably just 2 - 3 oz.

Any dinner location ideas in the north Dallas area that has a pretty friendly menu? We usually end up at Houston's but I don't want to pay $25-27 for my meal and only two - three bites of food. (I'm not cheap, just trying to adjust to this new lifestyle)

Really don't want to be the guy asking or explaining about a kids meal "due to weight loss surgery".

Any ideas?

If the restaurant has chili, order a cup instead of a bowl. That's always a safe bet. Otherwise, the appetizer's menu is usually a good place to look for small portions and no sides.

I agree, Chili or a broth type Soup would be a good bet.

I try to pick stuff that makes yummy day 2 leftovers. If you do tex-mex, I love fajitas, and just eat the vegetables and chicken and a little guac, do a bite of Beans, and take the rest home. It's fabulous the next day as leftovers for me.

Salmon is soft and usually comes as a small portion. Take half your chicken home. I love leftovers though, and I know not everyone is into that.

All good suggestions so far. If you're eating with someone, consider splitting something. I'm lucky that my wife is willing to split with me 99% of the time.

Considering this is your first day off pureed food, maybe take it easy today. Be kind to yourself. Maybe eat a little less so you don't stuff yourself and eat a little more later. Just because others are eating all at once doesn't mean you have to. Good luck!

I would have said Soup, but you must be tired of drinking your food already.. As Heather I suggested, Salmon is a good choice. Eat what you can and take the rest home with you..

Figure out where you are eating and look at the menu.You can google the nutrition values too ,to help you decide.

First day off of the pureed stage!!!!

Going out to eat tonight and then catching a movie. I understand that I will be ordering and eating only Protein. Probably just 2 - 3 oz.

Any dinner location ideas in the north Dallas area that has a pretty friendly menu? We usually end up at Houston's but I don't want to pay $25-27 for my meal and only two - three bites of food. (I'm not cheap, just trying to adjust to this new lifestyle)

Really don't want to be the guy asking or explaining about a kids meal "due to weight loss surgery".

Any ideas?

I just eat a few bites of Protein off my husbands plate...then he feels better, he's not over eating either. And I am a cheap skate

If im with people that don't know about my surgery. I may order a grilled chicken and pick on my food, move it around my plate...cut it up, but don't end up eating much....no one even notices, everyone is so busy talking. Grilled salmon is a great protein too.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

I'd choose something that doesn't have too much texture. When I was cleared to eat real food I found that many things didn't agree with my smaller stomach. Soups are good, and sharing something is always good. When I go out with my husband we always share now. Restaurant portions are quite large so it's never a problem. Ordering from the kids' menu may be an option as well. chicken, Soup, avocado... whatever you do, remember to chew slowly and enjoy!

My new favorite part about eating out is taking home the leftovers and not having to cook for the next 2-3 meals.

Order whatever Protein looks yummy (and soft), eat your 3 bites and then take home the rest!! Since you are going to the movies afterwards, bring a small cooler with you for the car.

The server will probably be concerned that you didn't like the meal, just reassure them that the meal was delicious and you are not that hungry tonight and they'll be happy.