Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to ask a question with out offending

Krissy have you ever been average weight as an adult? There is something about my facial bone structure where I look so much better at a lower weight. People have even commented on it. Meanwhile, I have a friend that gained weight with me, and still has a very pretty face. She looks like Anna Nicole Smith, and similar to her is still pretty when obese. I lost a lot of weight recently and did look a little haggard about age 50, but still better. It was weird having crepey legs. But then I gained it back. So, here I go again.

Ok so i have been going through so many pictures and post! And everyone has done an amazing job with there weight loss! I'm a lil taken back by PLEASE DONT BEAT ME UP FOR THIS ITS REALLY A CONCERN I DONT WANT TO LOOSE TO MUCH WEIGHT! I SEE LADIES WHO WHERE 320 and are now 150 and they look super skinny and faces look sunken in a lil makes them look older IM SCARED THIS IS GONNA HAPPEN TO PLEASE GIVE OPINIONS THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ANYONE DOWN JUST DONT WANT LOOK UNHEALTHY Sw 286
Cw 261
Gw 185
Sleeved 1/11/17
Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It's a real possibility you could loose too much and yes, look sunken. Depending on your age that can be a really big issue. You may look unhealthy for a while- wls is a low calorie diet and is quite taxing on your body. It's a reality of the surgery.

The more you lose the more your skin may fall depending on your genetics and weight. You may lose more than you wish to lose because eating can be very challenging depending on how your body reacts to surgery.

That said- there are solutions.
Over time you will be able to eat more so you could regain some weight if you need to in order to look better. I know people (including myself) who have done that.

You can also have a face lift etc. that helps a lot of your willing to go that route. I just recently had a neck lift and wow did it help me look healthier.

Take care of yourself during your weight loss by taking your Vitamins and eating your meals as best you can. Deal with it as it comes. You never know what will happen. A refrigerator could fall in you tomorrow for all you know.

One day and one step at a time.

It can happen. I relapsed into anorexia because of the surgery and at my low weight I weight 115 lbs at 5'6. I had to get into therapy.

After so many years of wanting to be thin, I discovered I couldn't stop wanting to lose. Losing gave me so much satisfaction and maintaining scared the crap out of me. I was addicted to the losing part because it felt safe.

Therapy helped me, ive now out back on 15 lbs, stopped dieting and am very healthy.

It will be okay. Don't worry. Deal with it if and when it happens

My face volume did fall a bit more than I wanted it too. I'm having my plastic surgeon so fat transfer to my cheeks in September.

It's not too bad but I do miss the roundness of my younger face.

IMG_6130.JPG