Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op liquid diet...is this normal?

First...my surgery date is Feb 7...yay!

2nd...I am on an all liquid diet. Day 1 I didn't really have hunger. Day 1 was as follows:

80oz Water

2 premier Protein shakes

1 puree Campbell's chicken noodle Soup with unflavored Protein.< /p>

Day 2: woke up, not hungry

40oz Water (so far - been busy)

1 premier Protein shake.

Still not really hungry. Is this normal??? Or am I just ready mentally for this surgery?

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

i think you're mentally ready which is an awesome thing! i was like that when i got my lap band.. after the first 3 days..those were rough for me! Keep going!

I was at my dog trainers house ( we do police/home protection training) and after class I sat with those still there eating fish, sweet potatoes, salad, etc and just said no thank you. I didn't shy or lock myself away. I was proud I could resist.

You're probably mentally ready. I had my support group meeting and they had samples of Syntax matrix and nectar Protein powders to sample. I bought a strawberry kiwi nectar because it tastes like kook-aid. My surgery isn't until February 16 but I decided to try the nectar yesterday and today. I was full all day! I couldn't believe it so I really think it curbs the appetite a lot since it has a lot of Protein.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I wasn't hungry much but sometimes the head hunger was tough but I stayed on track now I have 4 more days of it and then I have surgery on the 30th!

Same with me what time is urs on monday

BigBodyBombFace

Double check your Campbell's chicken Soup. Did you strain out the noodles? Stuff is very high in carbs if you eat the noodles.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using the BariatricPal App

Double check your Campbell's chicken Soup. Did you strain out the noodles? Stuff is very high in carbs if you eat the noodles.

I have and it was on my list of ok things....but they wanted it pureed.

Okie dokie! Sounds like you are doing great!

Yes, normal! I've been on the shakes since January 19, 2017. The Protein fills you up a date u drop weight quickly. I can't drink more than 1 or 2 a day plus a bariatric Cream Soup 15 grams Protein. I cut up 4 Oz of pure cooked breast meat. Sometimes I have a triple zero yogurt or a sf popsicle. I've lost 8 lbs on liquid and 2 prior to it. I thought I would starve on it but I have nkt.

????sonkat5355????

Normal! Haven't started pre op yet, but thru my attempts to be healthy I've done juicing fasts for weeks at a time. I think that "hunger" for me is desiring pleasure from flavor & texture, not my body being empty/hungry. Once I held myself accountable to juicing only I could barely get 16 oz down as a meal!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I feel the same way you're not alone I'm on day 2 today

I've dropped almost 3 lbs

In the first 2 days, I dropped 7 lbs. I know it's Water weight but still happy to see the scale move.