Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Right!!?? Stupid mirrors. You will learn to love them though. Keep up the good work...you are on your way!

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I know exactly what you mean!! I think that may be part of why I allowed myself to gain so much weight to begin with. Regardless of how much weight I gained, I always saw the same person in the mirror. But when I would see a picture of myself, my mouth would just drop because I couldn't believe how big I was and how disgusting I looked. Its pretty much the same thing now. I don't see all that much of a difference when I look in the mirror, but when I look at a current picture of myself, I think, wow, that cannot be the same person! Keep up the great work!

I know exactly what you mean!! I think that may be part of why I allowed myself to gain so much weight to begin with. Regardless of how much weight I gained, I always saw the same person in the mirror. But when I would see a picture of myself, my mouth would just drop because I couldn't believe how big I was and how disgusting I looked. Its pretty much the same thing now. I don't see all that much of a difference when I look in the mirror, but when I look at a current picture of myself, I think, wow, that cannot be the same person! Keep up the great work!

Omg that was so me steady gaining weigh looking in the mirror comparing myself to other big ppl saying its ok im not that big

The Losers Bench

You're doing well. Rooting for you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I used to only look in the mirror when they had to, a mere glance, when brushing my teeth or only looking at my face putting on makeup back when I got up to 392 lbs. When I started my health improvement journey I started Simi g at myself while brushing my teeth or hair etc. Smiles goes miles for your self esteem & your outlook framing the beginning of the day. So continue smiling BC your on a long but wonderful journey to regain your health & allowing your beauty to continue to shine from the inside out. Remember there isn't any magic pill or surgery, so don't beat yourself up if you happen to fall off track once in awhile BC you're so worth wanting to gain control of your emotions & eating healthy. Keep up the grr8 job you're doing!!

Sent from my VK700 using the BariatricPal App

I'm now down about a hundred and fourteen pounds and I still don't see it for some reason. Other people do and I did see a picture that does show a big difference, but my brain still needs to get it!

Sent from my LG-H740 using the BariatricPal App

I used to say, when I was at my heaviest, that I finally look how I felt all my life. Even when I was in the Army running 5 miles a day and in top condition at 120lbs I still felt like I looked like I was 309 lbs. The mirror shows you what you feel in your heart until you are ready to change you from the inside out. I had to change how I felt about me and not take peoples comments or ridicule as my own. I know I am 70 more lbs to my goal of 140 but I feel fantastic and sexier than when I was 120 lbs! Self esteem, fresh food and exercise work wonders! This site has such great support too! More power to you for taking the step to get YOU and YOUR life back!

Sent from my LG-H631 using the BariatricPal App

Edited by GourmetH20

Here's the thing, though... Our brain is trained to see us a particular way in the mirror, TRAINED. So it takes a bit of deprogramming as we lose weight for our brain to adjust. Instead of solely relying on the mirror use pictures. This is a great way to not only document your journey (trust me, a couple years down the road you'll wish you had) but it is an excellent tool to retrain your brain :)

-Mental health professional, rny surgery 1/26/15.

Sent from my LG-H830 using the BariatricPal App