Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 month checkup and wow......

So I had my sleeve done on Oct 4th, 2016. This was the best decision I've made for myself in along time. Even though I had a bowel obstruction 1 month after surgery, not having a bowel movement is a key,...lol, I would've had the obstruction without the surgery. It had nothing to do with the surgery. I got back up on my feet and hit the ground running, literally. Since starting the process in may 2016, today, I've lost 102lbs. I started in a 3xxxl, and I'm not in a size 10jeans. I'm really afraid, and wanna ask this question. Tell me if it's stupid....lol. is there a chance that your stomach can be to tight? Like the surgery itself? I mean, I know it's only been 3 months, but I'm still struggling to get all my fluids and Protein in. And today I was told to start eating foods which I already knew that but I get so full so fast I just stick to drinking Water or shakes. 2 spoonfuls and I'm in pain. Maybe 5 good sips of Water and I'm doubled over for 1hr. I've tried straw, and without straw, nothings helping. I read where people can eat just like they did, always Hungry, and I'm the complete opposite. I have to be reminded to eat something, I never want it, so idk if it's just me or if something needs to be checked out. Just wanna know if this is normal or just me, am I putting to much into not being able to eat much at this stage, 3 months is still pretty new. I guess I just need to hear some pros tell me I'm ok....lol. So someone tell me I'm ok....lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I would speak to your team about this as everyone here would probably give a different answer.

I do hope you feel better soon.

Kate

That was me as well...I'm 9 months post-op and I can eat about 6 bite full and I'm done. I cannot even eat half a burger but that's how it should be. When you begin to feel that full feeling STOP cuz anything over that will be over eating and you will have that pain. I wouldn't want to take meds to increase my food intake I want just the opposite...if you feel something isn't right talk to your doctor or his nurse. My surgeon's nurse is awesome and very knowledgeable so it's at least worth a phone call

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

I was the same way, took 18 months before I could consistently get my daily Protein. My NUT instructed me to eat ONLY protein foods and take my Vitamins. NO salad, veggies, fruits and of course no bread, potatoes, Pasta, rice, flour, sugar or starchy veggies, but those things will rarely be included in my diet anyway.

Eat very slowly, chew very well and stop at the FIRST sign of full. If that doesn't help with the pain, you may want to contact the surgeon.

CONGRATS on the great weight loss, though!

Has your surgical team expressed any concern over the severity of your restriction? At 3 months out, you will definitely still experience some "relaxing" of the sleeve. So you will be able to eat more probably sometime between 9 and 12 months post-op. It is concerning that you are still struggling to get Water and Protein in, though. Have you experimented with different temperatures and different flavorings for your water? You should definitely not be having severe restriction with liquids this far out. Usually restriction with water is due to internal swelling, but that should be long gone by now.

Measure how much Water you are able to drink at a time and report back (in ounces or cup measurements, rather than "gulps or sips") thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using the BariatricPal App