Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

POST-op LAP band - Day 2

Hi All

So it is day 2 of post op surgery and boy, if someone would have told me I'd be in so much pain I may have reconsidered.

I was hoping if you guys here could help out with any suggests or confidence that the pain I have now is normal. (Sore to sit up, barely take fluids without feeling tight in the chest area, feeling like I have intergestion.

BandedBecks 23/1/17

Sent from my SM-N920I using the BariatricPal App

Completely normal. Each day will get better. Walk around the house to help get rid of anesthesia. Water is key the first week. Don't get dehydrated. Protein Shakes once you feel a little better tomorrow. Water, water, water...Sip, sip, sip.

Thanks for the bit of confidence, and reply. Watching youtube clips and stories from others didnt seem like others had as much pain... am sipping on Water, stock and some fibre where I can but is only going ever so slowly

Did not your Dr give you something for pain????

If not I would call for an Rx

I agree that your doctor should have given you some prescription pain killers for the first few days. It is only day 2. Take it easy, get some rest, stay hydrated and take pain medicine.

Thanks Amy, Ive managed to find some panedine forte laying around the house. The perception he gave me, saying that panadole would be fine has made me concerned that something may not be right. Im definately in a lot more than panadole pain :-/

My best luck in maintaining hydration was warm or hot fluids. Cold fluids causes constriction and more pain.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thanks tallgirl, I will give this a go! X

I was back to work in 5 days, but I have a desk job.

Girl I hear you!! I'm 7 days post op today and the pain was excruciating, would of rather had my daughter all over again and thats saying something lol, first 5 days I looked like i was carrying triplets because of all they air they pumped in to me, and it was awful, thankfully my belly's gone down now, I'm surviving on half a tin of Soup a day and maybe two small yogurts and plenty of fluids, bit I get the worst hunger pangs and they actually get quite painful is this normal??? I actually moss chewing food and even have dreams about it, lol what is life without a good chicken breast 😍 also did any of u struggle with Constipation, because life is difficult when it comes to have a daily poo without anything to help me along??? Thanks for any responses

Regards erika