Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here come the haters!

I was warned about this but now it is so obvious people are hating on me for having success with weight loss. I have a friend who is always trying new diets and asking me to join her. I always politely decline. I have lost about 43 lbs and she looks about the same. I can see her looking me up and down and making comments about me not eating my food. I haven't brought myself to tell very many people about my surgery. I am not sure what is holding me back. My husband, daughter, parents, and best friend know. I plan to eventually let people know but I am just not quite ready yet.......????

It is hard, they are jealous. This is why I have not told many people, I'm starting to get comments about weight loss and I just wish that people would ignore it for now. I have such a long way to go and I am fighting my own fears of failure. I get comments daily from coworkers on what I am or am not eating and I am almost at a point where I want to just go eat in my car because I do not want to hear anyone's opinions about any of it.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Well I have a small circle at my job about 7 ppl know about me having the surgery. The thing is its others that had the surgery at my job but they don't know that I had it unless they're just not saying anything, one lady states are you losing weight I just told her im cutting back on some foods, lol well which is true

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

I had my sleeve 2 yrs ago...1st year was up n dwn with positive and neg comments

I decided who I wanted to tell n who dont

its our own desicion... this 2nd year comments have been less ppl start getting used that you are healthy and skinny...

dont pay attention..get therapist health that helped me ALOT to deal withit

Haters gotta Hate

BariatricMatters

I have the same concerns the only ppl that know this is happening are the ppl I speak to personally. I still have to have my absence noticed signed by my supervisor and I'm not telling her what it's for either. But when I return I'm sure they'll notice me coming down. But they do know I'm dieting so whatever ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

I have the same concerns the only ppl that know this is happening are the ppl I speak to personally. I still have to have my absence noticed signed by my supervisor and I'm not telling her what it's for either. But when I return I'm sure they'll notice me coming down. But they do know I'm dieting so whatever ...

Yep some ppl be like what are you eating or drinking and I tell them food but when I'm in the break room I try to fix my food without anybody being in there bcuz these ppl are nosey, it none of my business what the next person has for lunch but these ppl are extra nosey even before I had the sleeve they wana know what are you eating and being from New Orleans it doesn't make matters any better they think I'm always eating a N.O. meal smh

@@NOLAgirl-inTN they act the same here but right now I'm on the pre op diet so they think I'm juicing. So I'm like great

Yeah that's what I'm still doing especially for Breakfast or I may have a shake but somebody just asked WHAT'S THAT UGH, NEXT TIME IMA SAY NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS MAYBE THEY WOULD STOP ASKING, it's rude to do that then have their nose turned up like ewww what's that ????????????

I haven't had any issues with negative comments. Then again I never post anything on Facebook and have all of 2 friends and am also a recluse at work. Lol.

I haven't had any issues with negative comments. Then again I never post anything on Facebook and have all of 2 friends and am also a recluse at work. Lol.

Yes, I don't post anything on my fb about my weight loss journey and I have a separate instagram because what I choose to do is my business and I feel when you put private things about yourself out on social media you open the door for comments. So if you don't want to go through the extra stuff just don't share.... I only share with others who have or about to have wls.

I think that's a fear of mine people asking about my weight loss and not knowing what to say because as of now I don't want friends or co workers to know I was sleeved. I feel they will look at me differently

I'm having surgery in June, I have only told my immediate family and best friends. I plan on just telling people I've completely changed my eating habits and am now exercising. I think that is all they need to know, and it's the truth!

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

Edited by char3672

It is hard, they are jealous. This is why I have not told many people, I'm starting to get comments about weight loss and I just wish that people would ignore it for now. I have such a long way to go and I am fighting my own fears of failure. I get comments daily from coworkers on what I am or am not eating and I am almost at a point where I want to just go eat in my car because I do not want to hear anyone's opinions about any of it.

Me too..I made a mistake before my surgery and told 2 co workers n one of them now has a love hate attitude towards me to the point I know she is being fake n try to mess up my program..I do eat away from people for the same reasons.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I was warned about this but now it is so obvious people are hating on me for having success with weight loss. I have a friend who is always trying new diets and asking me to join her. I always politely decline. I have lost about 43 lbs and she looks about the same. I can see her looking me up and down and making comments about me not eating my food. I haven't brought myself to tell very many people about my surgery. I am not sure what is holding me back. My husband, daughter, parents, and best friend know. I plan to eventually let people know but I am just not quite ready yet.......????

I understand completely.. A lot of people don't know not that its a secret but I am not that tell my personal business kinda girl period...So you can only tell them ..you watching what you eat n that's that..Good luck on your journey. I'm 2months out so I don't worry about others cus I work with my own demons myself.

Yeah that's what I'm still doing especially for Breakfast or I may have a shake but somebody just asked WHAT'S THAT UGH, NEXT TIME IMA SAY NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS MAYBE THEY WOULD STOP ASKING, it's rude to do that then have their nose turned up like ewww what's that ????????????

Lmao