Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 7 Post Surgery

So...here I am..7 days out. I can see now, that last week was a "honeymoon" phase. Didn't miss or want food. Now...I am doing great, but my head is starting to think...jeez...I have not eaten in a looooong time. I am hungry at times. I have a Protein Shake, and that stops that...luckily those intervals have worked into 3 "meals" a day. But I am stating to miss eating a little. I find myself thinking of really decadent food, that quite frankly I have not had for months...but they are popping into my head.

I am starting to mourn, seems early, and I know once I start driving and getting back out into the world this week, the real challenges will begin. Not gonna lie. Scared..and a little sad.

I know its worth it, and I knew what I was getting into, but until you are actually here you have no idea how you will feel.

Just wanted to vent, and see if anyone else is feeling this way.

I was sleeved 5 days ago and I started feeling this way during my 2 week completely liquid pre op diet. Now I'm sore so I don't care, but I know it's coming. It's normal, I think. I just try to take it day by day. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved 5 days ago and I started feeling this way during my 2 week completely liquid pre op diet. Now I'm sore so I don't care, but I know it's coming. It's normal, I think. I just try to take it day by day. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am very lucky I didn't have to do a 2 week liquid only. I had 3 days Clear liquids and that was horrible. That's what I keep telling myself...1 day at a time.

The mental game is definitely the toughest part of the journey. Just know that the early days (especially the all liquid part of the food stages) are the toughest. It will get better soon.

Good luck!

I'm only 6 days in and I had that thought when I saw the Olive Garden commercial which is my favorite. Your right Protein shakes takes that away. I suppose we both need to hang in there.

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

Me too! Olive Garden was my "last meal" lol. Yes we need to hang in there and expect there will be times it's very hard. Few more days and we can have applesauce and mashed potatoes! Will seem like a feast! :D

I am 6 days out, and I feel the same way, but I don't even want anything crazy. I would love to just move to the next phase and have some cottage cheese! Not because I am hungry, but just so I can eat a meal instead of drink a meal!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Every day gets a little better and once you hit the puree stage you will feel in seventh heaven lol

Congratulations on the surgery and speedy recovery. :)

Kate

I am 6 days post surgery. On my 5th day I started craving real food that I liked. Not to eat a huge dinner but I just wanted a bite of real food of the things I like. i was on two week pre-op diet so it's been three weeks since any real food. Cream of chicken Soup has been my savior because it's actually hot food. It is scary to think if I'm already craving food not even a week later. It's not that I'm hungry. I'm anxiously waiting for the next phase of food.

I too am POD #6, yesterday I had the urge to just lick the spoon of something that my husband had cooked, LOL , but I didn't. We got this! We can do it!