Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Just edited my ticker, alas I have put almost 9lbs back on, all because I had a tiny bit taken out. but its my own fault, I have been eating cream cheese and drinking wine, which goes down so well. Fat mare :(

Jo-Jo, why have you been banded again, or are you a different Jo-Jo ?

So sorry about your leak Sara, but so glad its being fixed and not involving removal of the band.

How are you feeling, hope you're doing well. Did Chris tell you what had caused the leak?

Hi Freckles, hope you are ok yes its been a long time haven't seen you on here!! i am having a similar problem like you had when i sleep Fluid and flems rise through my mouth so i am going for an unfill this months despite im not fully restricted.

Hi freckles

Havent seen you on here for ages.Hope you are keeping well how is your family.

Well i arrived at the hospital about 1 oclock on mon went straight from the airport so idident have anytime to think about op.I was taken to O R about 2 oclock everything went well and i was sent to hotel around 7oclock.I can honestly say i felt fit enough to fly home that night and i had very little pain but as i was booked into hotel for two nights i decided to make the best of it.I met a few lovely ladies that were getting banded on tue from northern ireland and manchester (ann and tammy) hope you are doing well.

I do have a bit of restriction now not loads but definetly more than i did before and im not as hungry yehaaaaaaaaaaa. So i will start a fresh and make good food choices untill i reach total restriction.Freddie said Dr Chris put in 5mls during op and the band had definetly been punctured during fills however he has moved my port and hopefully that will make it a lot easier to get fills and less likely to be punctured again however im going to stick with Dr Chris for my fills infuture.

Kerry hope everthing is going ok with you Freddie told me that Dr Chris is on holiday in Aug and he will be doing fills in Edinbourgh so im going to wait and get a fill in sept.

Everyone have a good weekend.:)

Hey Gang

Hope everyone is doing well. Freckles don't you worry about your wee gain you will soon get back on track.

I have finally hit the 4 stone lost point woo hoo and feeling really well. Never felt so healthy. Got full restriction which is quite hard work as you are so limited to what you can eat and drink that live becomes quite tough.

Sara P so glad to hear you have come through your op ok and you are now finally on track. I think waiting to see Dr Chris is a wise choice considering the trouble you have had. You will soon see the weight flying off

Take care everyone

Kerry x

Hey girlies, so glad you remembered me lol xxx.

I wouldnt mind Scooby if i had been eating loads, I could deal with the weight gain, but it seems I have to eat hardly anything and not drink much either to lose.

I will go for a little fill in August to take me back to near starvation, but I didnty reaLLY FEEL HUNGRY, IT WAS JUsT THE ACID REFLUX THAT CRIPPLED ME. oops sorry about the caps.

Then in December I am going to have some taken out again like last year, family says I was starting to look drawn and ill, so maybe I'll be better next time around, I think maybe if I just lose about 21 pounds that will do me.

Anyway enough about me, well done hunny on your 4stone loss, its really hard I know when you've got restriction, you have to re-think every mouthful, but hey it works!!!.

Sarah well done you on going back to have the repair, I hope you werent charged?

I only go to Freddyboy or Chris for my fills, they are both so good, and I trust them both completely.

You'll soon be falling down grids lol. Take care of you. xxx

Laila, its awful that damn nighttime reflux, but Freddy told me after a small de-fill, that if I left it for a month and then went back and had the bit put back in it would give my oesophagus chance to mend the inflamation, and it was quite correct, so dont despair, or m,aybe just about the money lol. Ask for a reduction, cos its not reqlly fair is it.

Chris gave me a reduction to 60 euros when I had the last de-fill. And Freddyboy has even taken some out for free!!.

Well girlies, nobody mentioned Jo Jo so I guess I have to wait till she replies. speak soon xxx

Jo-Jo, why have you been banded again, or are you a different Jo-Jo ?

So sorry about your leak Sara, but so glad its being fixed and not involving removal of the band.

How are you feeling, hope you're doing well. Did Chris tell you what had caused the leak?

Hello Freckles

Are you talking me?

Im first time banded so must be a different jojo your thinking of :D

freckles was you there on thursday??

No I wasnt Sade, but my daughter was, she's got long blonde hair, she was there about 1:30, I thought I was going with her, but I couldnt in the end. Were you there at that time hun?

hello, i was there until 12:30 so no I never saw your daughter. I actually thought i'd met you, but then I think the woman said she was banded last december, and i thought no that can't be you.

I meet some interesting people, how is your daughter getting on?

Hi Guys,

First time poster here.

I am considering banding and have been impressed with the comments about CDB.

I have a few questions (probably typical newbie questions so please be gentle)

1) Does banding actually work in most cases?

2) What are the potential complications?

3) How soon after surgery did you return to work? I can probably get 6-8 clear days off work this year if I decide to go through with it.

4) How mych do you typically lose in the first 6 months?

Any info would be much appreciated. I'm not looking for a miracle cure, I know I will still have to put the work in, but I am just looking for something that will help me lose the greatest amount in the shortest possible period when I do start. I have about 10st-12st to lose.

Thanks

Tel

welcome Telby, you naturally have a lot of questions, I will try to answer some.

1. Yes, banding does work.

2. The complications are minimal as far as I know, its not drastic surgery like a by-pass.

3. I cant really answer this as I dont work. But I started to feel better right after the surgery, and was on top form in 2 weeks.

4. The amount you lose in the first 6 months varies from person to person, some lose many stones, others dont., but they do lose it, all depends how tight your band is, which has to be done gradually.

Sade, my daughter was in Manchester for a de-fill, she lost a baby last year, and now she is pregnant again, and has been having a lot of acid reflux, so decided to get 4mls out, on Freddyboy's advice.

Dont be confused with my younger daughter who was banded last October, who is doing great, she's so tiny now, she was only a 12/14 to start with and now she's between 8/10.

Thanx for aSKING hun.

Hello,

1. I can only vouch for myself, that the band is currently working for me. I am sure there are statistics some where, that measures how effective the band is in the long term. I have heard of the band not working, some are due to surgical complications but I think after they fixed, people tend to be ok. I have also heard of people not working with the band and gaining weight with the band, as they eat slidder foods such as high calorie milkshakes, chocolate etc.

2. Complications are obviously death, slippage - I think you should google them. I have to thank God for not having any complications.

3. I had to take of 14 days from work and my job is an office job. I mean I was so much pain, I instantly regretted the surgery.

4. I was banded 11. Jan. I have lost uptodate 35.5 pounds, so that is roughly 6 months, but I only have 56 pounds (4 stones) to loose in total.

Yes, you do have to work with the band, it is not easy. The band does not tend to work for the first few months, as you don't have restriction. But as you get your fills, it starts to work properly. I am glad I had it done, but I do always hope that I don't have any problems with it. Anything else you want to ask, then let me know.

Oh so you have 2 daughters who are banded, a family full of bandsters.

Freckles- Oh so you have a daughter who was banded at a size 12/14, last October, that' good she has got to her goal weight/size. It must be so refreshing for your daughter, having a supportive mum, my mum wishes she could turn back time and I never had the band. She is miserable though. I was banded at a size 18/20 with a bmi of 35.5, some of the other people thought I did not need the band, you know what people are like, always shoving their noses in. I am happy with my decision I am a size 14, a big one though.

So your other daughter who had the band who had a miscarriage (sorry for your loss) had the band, how is she getting on?? before being pregnant.

I can't wait to be 9stone, and be a size 10/12. How long did it take for you youngest daughter to hit her goal?