Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on here for a while - just wanted to post a cautionary tale... yesterday I had to have a complete de-fill & spent 7 hrs in hospital just for not chewing a pizza slice well enough!

The dough got stuck in my stomach and I was violently sick over 30 times in 2 days - couldn't even keep Water down and was in loads of pain. Was up all night for the past 2 nights with the worst reflux imaginable...

So I'll never eat pizza/dough again... and will make sure I chew food better from now on.

Disappointed I have to start again with the fills... but so relieved I'm able to drink again now.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Em x

Off to see Dr Chris next week for a fill, not lost any weight now for months so starting to get a bit down

On the plus side I am 3 stone lighter than I was this time last year - I just thought it would have been quicker than this

This fill should give me real restriction as already got 7ml in 7ml band - how much weight should I hope to see fall off in 4 weeks of tight restriction???

I am off to Oz in 4 weeks so will need to get a de-fill before I go but reckon if I can lose 7 lbs or so in next month it would be worth the £90 for a fill - Am I being mad???

Kerry x

hi hun keep ya chin up we all lose differently some are lucky and lose loads and some just take a bit longer you have done well up till now and i dont think your mad if you are determened to lose another 7lb go for it what is your restriction like at the min can you eat much ? xx :D

B)

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on here for a while - just wanted to post a cautionary tale... yesterday I had to have a complete de-fill & spent 7 hrs in hospital just for not chewing a pizza slice well enough!

The dough got stuck in my stomach and I was violently sick over 30 times in 2 days - couldn't even keep Water down and was in loads of pain. Was up all night for the past 2 nights with the worst reflux imaginable...

So I'll never eat pizza/dough again... and will make sure I chew food better from now on.

Disappointed I have to start again with the fills... but so relieved I'm able to drink again now.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Em x

oh poor you em glad your ok now,bummer you have to start again but hey you are doing so well,cant believe you have lost loads so well done,it is scarey when you cant eat i wasnt as bad as you but last week my band tightened because of stress and i couldnt keep food down and was gettin worried and thought i would need a de fill but it settled down,hopefully they will give you bigger fills for your money lol xx

B)

oh poor you em glad your ok now,bummer you have to start again but hey you are doing so well,cant believe you have lost loads so well done,it is scarey when you cant eat i wasnt as bad as you but last week my band tightened because of stress and i couldnt keep food down and was gettin worried and thought i would need a de fill but it settled down,hopefully they will give you bigger fills for your money lol xx

Thanks Slinky, you're doing amazingly well!! We'll all be posing on the beach this summer! ;0)

I've been trying to get through to the fill line today to book up but they're not answering her phone. Its been difficult to get fills as teachers aren't allowed time off during term and the london clinics don't seem to fall at the right time for 1/2 term etc.

Does anyone know who else I can contact about fills? Another company that does them in London or the south? x

another 5 lbs down yay :D thats 19 in total in 5 weeks

so happy finally getting weight and health under control.

didn't get much restriction from the first fill next one in march..bring it on!

Thanks Slinky, you're doing amazingly well!! We'll all be posing on the beach this summer! ;0)

I've been trying to get through to the fill line today to book up but they're not answering her phone. Its been difficult to get fills as teachers aren't allowed time off during term and the london clinics don't seem to fall at the right time for 1/2 term etc.

Does anyone know who else I can contact about fills? Another company that does them in London or the south? x

have you tried weigh loss surgery group,they do a fill package for 6months or 12 months not sure were the clinics are but try there website hun xx

another 5 lbs down yay :D thats 19 in total in 5 weeks

so happy finally getting weight and health under control.

didn't get much restriction from the first fill next one in march..bring it on!

well done honeybelle,the first fill dosnt do too much anyway lol,from the second onwards you should start to notice a bit of restriction bet you cant wait for march xx

have you tried weigh loss surgery group,they do a fill package for 6months or 12 months not sure were the clinics are but try there website hun xx

Thanks hun.. checked out their site and they do have a london clinic... bit pricey though as they make you have an initial medical assessment first for £125 and then their fill is another £95! Their 6 month package is £345 which i think works out a bit better for anyone wanting more than 4 fills. Their website has some good stuff on it - diet tips etc.

Luckily there is a CDB fill clinic this thurs which is 1/2 term so I'm ok now... phew!! Already snacking lots now I have no restriction - not good :(

If anyone wants this years fill timetable (CDB) I have an electronic copy which I can send out.

xxx

Hi Everyone

I flew home yesterday feeling not to badI think i got off quite lightly.The only problem i had is with the abdominal pain i wasent epecting it to be so sore to get up ect (did,ent have any one to help as i was on my own) The first time i got out of bed i nearly fainted and i did,ent think i would be able to make it back on fri. However once i started moving i just made my self do a bit more and i think if my husband was there he would do more for me and it would take longer to recover.I dont have any wind pain and i was ok with anesthetic(probly wrong spelling).I also found the nurses very good and never felt much when they took drain out or took blood.

Im on the liquids now ive got some slimfast,cupasoups,petits filous,and im going to get some of those cripbreads that hospital gave you.

However i think i feel hungry im not sure if its in my head.My tummy keeps rumbblin but sometimes i get a wee tight feeling then like hiccups im not sure if its becouse i dont feel satisfied with those kinds of food but i will keep going .If anyone knows what else i can have let me know and how long did most of yous keep on the liquids for. Chris says 10 days but the book they give you says 1 to 2 weeks.

Hope everyone is well will post soon.

Hi Everyone

I flew home yesterday feeling not to badI think i got off quite lightly.The only problem i had is with the abdominal pain i wasent epecting it to be so sore to get up ect (did,ent have any one to help as i was on my own) The first time i got out of bed i nearly fainted and i did,ent think i would be able to make it back on fri. However once i started moving i just made my self do a bit more and i think if my husband was there he would do more for me and it would take longer to recover.I dont have any wind pain and i was ok with anesthetic(probly wrong spelling).I also found the nurses very good and never felt much when they took drain out or took blood.

Im on the liquids now ive got some slimfast,cupasoups,petits filous,and im going to get some of those cripbreads that hospital gave you.

However i think i feel hungry im not sure if its in my head.My tummy keeps rumbblin but sometimes i get a wee tight feeling then like hiccups im not sure if its becouse i dont feel satisfied with those kinds of food but i will keep going .If anyone knows what else i can have let me know and how long did most of yous keep on the liquids for. Chris says 10 days but the book they give you says 1 to 2 weeks.

Hope everyone is well will post soon.

Sara

great to have you back

yes it hurts but is worth it. I went on my own too and it would be handy to have someone to carry the bag after etc. But hey you are home now :)

i stayed on liquids for about 10 days.

which consisted of yogurts, petit filous, Soups, smoothies, and ice lollies.

after a few days i started on baby "liga" :) they kinda disslove in your mouth and have turned to liquid before you swallow.

After the two weeks i added scrambled eggs and soft food like spagetti hoops baked Beans, but everyone is different these went down fine for me but you will have to be your own judge. take it slowly though cos when you hit one of those foods that don't pass easily you know all about it

for instance i tried soft tuna in brine, which i thought would be soft and pass easily WRONG oh so very wrong lol...not wanting to be a quitter i tried tuna another day and same thing. for me even the smallest bit of soft tuna blocks the band so its a definate no no for me.

but everyone is different some things i can eat others can't and vice verse...its a real learning experience and listening to your body.

thankyousomuchglittergraphicangelor.png

everyone for your kind words, they mean a lot. They are having the tiny baby cremated, the service is today, just a private one for Rachel and Matt. Maybe then they will get some closure.

So sorry to hear about your Daughter Freckles, just awful. Hope they are doing ok considering, and you too of course xx

Off to see Dr Chris next week for a fill, not lost any weight now for months so starting to get a bit down

On the plus side I am 3 stone lighter than I was this time last year - I just thought it would have been quicker than this

This fill should give me real restriction as already got 7ml in 7ml band - how much weight should I hope to see fall off in 4 weeks of tight restriction???

I am off to Oz in 4 weeks so will need to get a de-fill before I go but reckon if I can lose 7 lbs or so in next month it would be worth the £90 for a fill - Am I being mad???

Kerry x

Hi Kerry

After my last fill in Nov I was so restricted I lost 12lbs in 5 days, and went on to do over 2 stone in 7 weeks. It has slowed down again now to about a lb a week, but I think thats ok from the point of view of my skin catching up with the loss!

I have been a bit naughtly and had some fizzy drinks this last week as had major cravings for Ginger beer of all things! Although I can't actually remember a time in adulthood that I have ever drunk this before? Quite odd, but I as I struggle to drink so many things I gave in and I have had some every day without problems.

Really hope the next fill works for you hun, and liquids only for a little while is a definite way to give the weight loss a boost.

Good Luck

C x

so glad your back safe and all went well,now for your weightloss to start sara good luck hun xx :lol:

hi slinky how are you!!

its gone very quite here where is everybody?

how is the weight loss are u having anymore fill??

still no weight lost on my side after my fourth fill i can't go to have another untill end of march but i am a bit worrid in case i have a leak as i am eatting more as i use to!

anyways take care.

so glad your back safe and all went well,now for your weightloss to start sara good luck hun xx :lol:

hi slinky how are you!!

its gone very quite here where is everybody?

how is the weight loss are u having anymore fill??

still no weight lost on my side after my fourth fill i can't go to have another untill end of march but i am a bit worrid in case i have a leak as i am eatting more as i use to!

anyways take care.

it is quiet laila lol i look forward to reading all the gossip and there is none he he,im not doing too bad stuck at 14 stone at the min want to be 13 anything lol,i will wait and see if i need another fill and if i feel i need one i will go in march,but hey you are still doing well check you not losing inches instead of weight,or try and go onto liquids for a couple of days and see if it tightens your band,if your still worried by march as them to empty it and check how much is in it,i might see you there in march if i go for my fill lol xx