Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanx Shaz, it wont be long, never fear.

Amazed we are flying over to Belgium on 28th, so you should still be there, is your surgery on 27th or is that the day you travel to Belgium?

i will b travelling alone to brussels to get band wit de bruyne any suggestions

I went alone and it was absolutely fine. I met the others being done the same day as me in reception on the morning of the op. As my taxis were included and theirs weren't I let them come in with me and their hubbys kindly carried my suitcase on the way back.

I was glad to be alone as I only had myself to worry about and I looked such a bloated mozzy-bitten mess I was glad no one I knew could see me and I could just lay in bed and sleep!

Congrats on size 16 jeans Freckles... Fantastic achievement!! I'm hoping to be there by Xmas! x

Oh what a shame it's not 27th October. I can't wait. Hotel and train and eurostar all booked. Hope to meet someone. And hope another companion there for my mum to hang out with. Well done everyone. Barium meal?? Not heard of that. Eeerggh. Before or after?

After - I didn't find it bad at all... don't worry!! x

Hi everybody, was so tired last week didn't have the strength to post anything. Well MD we all in the same boat i don't think we going to lose anything untill we have a fill. I was banded on the 13/8/10 and have lost about 14lbs and not loosing anymore despite that i am on a proper balanced diet and eatting little.My 1st fill is on the 23/09/10 in london i am so exicted at least if i lose another stone i will be happy.

lucky you freckles, i know how it would fill to fit in a size 16 !! well good luck with your daughter have you spoken to frederick about her weight and bmi 25 sounds normal to me but best to them before you go.

by the way can anybody tell me if they were weighed by the nurse or frederick in belgium before the opp. As i wasn't i weighed myself before i went to belgium so how will they know when i go for my fill that i have lost weight or not?

Thanx girlies, although I would be much happier if it was a size 12 lol. But I dont think that will ever happen.

I dont know who she mailed but the first person said no, she wasnt obese, then she tried again and they didnt even ask her for her bmi, and freddy booked her in, so who knows.

I know there is a Doctor Marc who does lapband surgery for people with a low BMI, but she's not booked with him.:crying:

maybe it was more expensive I'm not sure.

Now I have to read back and list what she has to take with her, as she's just moved and doesnt have her broadband on yet...great!!!!:unsure:

i will b travelling alone to brussels to get band wit de bruyne any suggestions

you will be fine phooh,i was by myself until last day and my hubby picked me up to take me home lol,just travel light you dont need much anyway,and go you freckles,well done on such a great achivement,you normal person you he he,you will look fab for xmas lol,for the ones that asked phooh is going over for 5th oct:thumbup:

Thanx girlies, although I would be much happier if it was a size 12 lol. But I dont think that will ever happen.

I dont know who she mailed but the first person said no, she wasnt obese, then she tried again and they didnt even ask her for her bmi, and freddy booked her in, so who knows.

I know there is a Doctor Marc who does LAP-BAND® surgery for people with a low BMI, but she's not booked with him.:alien:

maybe it was more expensive I'm not sure.

Now I have to read back and list what she has to take with her, as she's just moved and doesnt have her broadband on yet...great!!!!:wub:

You could just say that she has been a higher weight in the past and has lost weight a few times but finds it hard to keep it off? Or you could say that she lost a lot of weight quickly on the pre-op diet? x

I will tavelling on the 4th for surgery on the 5th. I heard that the the hotel where the consultation is held is good. Any suggestions on where i should stay plz help? Also what is the name of the hotel where the consultation is held? Emsey where did u stay that taxis were included? Anyone else whose stay inclued taxis n how can i get it?

Edited by phooh77

Good idea Emsey, I'll tell her, though I'm sure she'll fight to have the band. Some years back she went for a medical with Virgin Atlantic for cabin crew, and she was supposed to be 5ft 2ins minimum, she got through that lol and worked for them for some years. She couldnt reach the overhead compartments though lol.

I will tavelling on the 4th for surgery on the 5th. I heard that the the hotel where the consultation is held is good. Any suggestions on where i should stay plz help? Also what is the name of the hotel where the consultation is held? Emsey where did u stay that taxis were included? Anyone else whose stay inclued taxis n how can i get it?

i booked direct with dr chris debruyne so mine was a package deal including hotel and taxi's,who have you booked with phooh ?.the hotel campanille in vilvoorde is the one i stayed in and you also have your consultation here also.it's only 5 min drive away from hospital.Hi all hope you are all well had my first fill today and im pleased to say it didnt hurt and i didnt feel a thing yay,i met a coupl of girls who all have said it take at least 3 fills for it to start working so im being patient xx:tongue2:

12 days to go : )

Yes Slinx I have said that, sometimes it may take 4, everyones different.

I am at my sweet spot for maybe the first time, because last year it was too tight and the night reflux was dreadful, but I did lose 3 stone, now I dont get much reflux, but am full on a tiny amount of food, and not hungry its bliss.

Have lost 8lbs since my last fill in july. Slow but sure. One and a half stones to go to be at my target.

Edited by Freckles