Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

where has everyone gone,you ok freckles and sher how you doing now when is your fill?,cant wait to see how you get on:thumbup:

trying to set up a ticker in anticipation!

Do I need to copy and paste each time I post or is there a quick way?

In your ticker factory settings there is something called the bbCode if you copy this and then paste it into your signature section of the user CP.

HTH

Preview it to make sure it is working. Shout if you need any help.

Take care and hope all goes well in Belgium. It's a very positve experience.

where has everyone gone,you ok freckles and sher how you doing now when is your fill?,cant wait to see how you get on:thumbup:

Hello - it has been very quiet hasn't it, perhaps there are lots of people away for the bank holiday weekend or just caught up with family.

Hope weight loss going well? How are you coping with solid food?

Have a lovely evening

Hello - it has been very quiet hasn't it, perhaps there are lots of people away for the bank holiday weekend or just caught up with family.

Hope weight loss going well? How are you coping with solid food?

Have a lovely evening

my weight loss has stopped now,i can eat anything and everything except bread lol,cant wait for my fill,how are you going with food how many shakes do you have a day and how many meals your doing really well:thumbup:

my weight loss has stopped now,i can eat anything and everything except bread lol,cant wait for my fill,how are you going with food how many shakes do you have a day and how many meals your doing really well:thumbup:

Hello

When are you going for your fill?

Food has been a bit of an issue however just over the last few days I have managed to eat some chicken and that seems to go down okay. I'm having one shake at the moment and either for Breakfast or lunch and then porridge as I don't seem to go to the toilet very much (?? - hoping this is normal). I crush the Vitamins and add them to the shake and also make it calorie rich by adding a yoghurt to it with a small amount of apple juice and some wheatgerm.

Have 3 - 4 meals depending on what time I am up. Back to school day after tomorrow so shall be on 4 as I find I need a snack usually some crackerbreads and philli cheese or houmous.

Pleased with what I have lost but I have a huge target to lose so I am going to chunk it up and every time I reach a mini goal do something special. My first target is two stone so I am hoping when I go for my first fill (end of September) that I have achieved it. If not then when I do I will have a treat not sure yet what though.

How about you? Have you set yourself mini targets?

How's your niece doing? Is she due to go over soon? I'd imagine she is very excited and so she should be. I didn't feel nervous at all about having it done just hoped that it worked and so far I know that it has. I actually look forward to getting on the scales and measuring. The best test will be when I go back to school and see if anyone notices.

Anyway must go to bed. Hopefully re-log in tomorrow as I keep being logged out which is very frustrating.

Take care

Hello

When are you going for your fill?

food has been a bit of an issue however just over the last few days I have managed to eat some chicken and that seems to go down okay. I'm having one shake at the moment and either for breakfast or lunch and then porridge as I don't seem to go to the toilet very much (?? - hoping this is normal). I crush the Vitamins and add them to the shake and also make it calorie rich by adding a yoghurt to it with a small amount of apple juice and some wheatgerm.

Have 3 - 4 meals depending on what time I am up. Back to school day after tomorrow so shall be on 4 as I find I need a snack usually some crackerbreads and philli cheese or houmous.

Pleased with what I have lost but I have a huge target to lose so I am going to chunk it up and every time I reach a mini goal do something special. My first target is two stone so I am hoping when I go for my first fill (end of September) that I have achieved it. If not then when I do I will have a treat not sure yet what though.

How about you? Have you set yourself mini targets?

How's your niece doing? Is she due to go over soon? I'd imagine she is very excited and so she should be. I didn't feel nervous at all about having it done just hoped that it worked and so far I know that it has. I actually look forward to getting on the scales and measuring. The best test will be when I go back to school and see if anyone notices.

Anyway must go to bed. Hopefully re-log in tomorrow as I keep being logged out which is very frustrating.

Take care

hi clare my fill is on 16th sep cant wait,im not expecting much difference,im being realistic i know 1 fill want do a lot,so am focusing on the 2nd or 3rd fill to really do somthing lol,my niece is so excited but nervous at the same time she has been reading some gastric band horror stories lol,i told her everyone is different some people react badly to hair dye and millions dont.if your mind is set and you wanna do a thing just go ahead and get it done lol,are you a teacher then clare,if so what age group do you teach i cant wait for mine to go back i love the whole routine thing our children are off 8 weeks and it is too long lol.do you go away in a motor home,i thought that was what you said anyway,i love caravaning im constantly planning were im going next,keep up the good work x:lol:

Another 2lbs off this week - yeeha

Those of you who are waiting on starting your fills - don;t panic everyone goes through the same thing - I lost virtually nothing for about 3 months while getting my fill levels topped up but finally it has started going in the right direction

The one thing I have learned most about this band is that patience is needed and lots of it. I was getting quite upset with myself and thought I was a failure but it has started working and I am starting to see and feel a real difference - give it time, be patient and get thru the bandster hell phase

Good luck

Kerry

Just an update-4 weeks since I got my band and very happy with how its going. Have started 'real' food this week and am spoiled for choice after 2 weeks liquid and then 2 weeks mush! Have lost 26lbs(inc pre-op diet) which is great. Am waiting for my first fill next week and I know I need more practice with the chewing as I still think I eat too fast. Good luck to all who are about to get banded_ you wont regret it.:biggrin:

going on third week post opp and my weight loss has stopped!!

Have seen that a few of you have panic'd a slow weight lossage a few weeks after your op?

check this info out (I've taken this out of what my dietician has sent to me)

"Your portion sizes will be around 3-4 tablespoons at each meal time for the first couple of weeks. After approximately two to three weeks you may begin to feel more hungry as the swelling around the band goes down.

Don't worry as this just means your body is healing and the band is settling into place.You should try to stick to healthy Snacks such as fruit/ yogurt and low calorie Cereal bars of around 100 calories before your first band fill which will be 6-8 weeks post op .

Try to get into the habit of taking fluids 10 mins before eating and leaving half an hour after to prevent food passing through the pouch too quickly making you feel hungry and able to eat more"

Hope this helps?

hi clare my fill is on 16th sep cant wait,im not expecting much difference,im being realistic i know 1 fill want do a lot,so am focusing on the 2nd or 3rd fill to really do somthing lol,my niece is so excited but nervous at the same time she has been reading some gastric band horror stories lol,i told her everyone is different some people react badly to hair dye and millions dont.if your mind is set and you wanna do a thing just go ahead and get it done lol,are you a teacher then clare,if so what age group do you teach i cant wait for mine to go back i love the whole routine thing our children are off 8 weeks and it is too long lol.do you go away in a motor home,i thought that was what you said anyway,i love caravaning im constantly planning were im going next,keep up the good work x:lol:

Hi Mandy

I think it's good to be realistic. Hope the fill goes ok I am going on the 23rd.

Yes I am a teacher started back today and the children I teach are back on Monday properly. My own start back tomorrow - poor things.

We didn't go away in a motorhome we went away camping in a tent - great when the weather is good but not so great when you have to pack a wet tent away.

Anyway trying to stay focused, hope you are having a good week.

Take care

Nearly 4 weeks in and same story for me... lost loads in the 1st 2 weeks but have hit a plateau for the last 2 weeks... and I'm hardly eating anything! Also have had bad constipation.. argh :)

Hi was just wondering if anyone else will be going over on the 14th september to be banded? Would be good to meet others that will be their at the same time! xx