Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hi all

for anyone that trins regularly, here is a really good link to an article on a different type of training to burn fat, the benefit of this is that its short and sharp not the houlr that everyone dreds.

Burn Fat with HIIT!

I am doing it and its good

gx

Had my barium xray today and all is well, no slippage or corrosion, but an inflamed gullet caused by being overfilled, the doctor I saw tested the rate of flow through the band at different fill levels, and gave me a fill of 4.8mls, at my highest fill level I had 6.5ml and this caused the reflux. I was hoping for a fill of 6ml, but during the test 6ml showed to be too tight. I really hope that 4.8ml will still allow me to loose weight. During the time of being totally unfilled I've put on 7lb and really need to loose it now.

Please when your having the fills, if anything goes wrong like frothy stuff coming back, or you get night time reflux, get a slight unfill its better to be safe and a band slip or corrosion will prove very costly as well as most uncomfortable, I've had a fright which because its been dealt with quickly have saved my band.

Good luck to all the newly banded, allow a year to loose your weight and you wont be disappointed.

Had my barium xray today and all is well, no slippage or corrosion, but an inflamed gullet caused by being overfilled, the doctor I saw tested the rate of flow through the band at different fill levels, and gave me a fill of 4.8mls, at my highest fill level I had 6.5ml and this caused the reflux. I was hoping for a fill of 6ml, but during the test 6ml showed to be too tight. I really hope that 4.8ml will still allow me to loose weight. During the time of being totally unfilled I've put on 7lb and really need to loose it now.

Please when your having the fills, if anything goes wrong like frothy stuff coming back, or you get night time reflux, get a slight unfill its better to be safe and a band slip or corrosion will prove very costly as well as most uncomfortable, I've had a fright which because its been dealt with quickly have saved my band.

Good luck to all the newly banded, allow a year to loose your weight and you wont be disappointed.

i am delighted to hear that mags, you must be relieved. let me know how the restriction is once its settled.

gx

Hi all, just to let you know I'm still here, calling in regularly and reading all the news. I'm doing fine and after only 4 months and 30lb lost, the first person noticed today that I'd lost weight! Hooray, it's working! Wendy at WLS says I've lost 40% of my excess body fat, not bad really when you put it that way.

I'm beginning to find some confidence too and for those who may remember my appalling work situation, I've found the courage to come out of the corner and am leaving to go back to mursing, my first love. All I have to do now is tell the current lot I'm off without causing major family ructions.....

I have a target date too, my elder daughter announced her engagement at Christmas, so I shall be "the mother of the bride" summer 2011 and I intend to wow them!

Well done to all the rest of you who are turning your lives around, keep up the good work.

SP

That's great news! Congratulations to your daughter, you will look fab at the wedding. I keep trying to persuade my friend to get married so i can get a new dress, or i just need to find a husband and then i can get a new dress :)

x

Great to hear that all the newbies were successful and are feeling good.

I got back to the gym this week and it's amazing how great you feel, i'd forgot about how much more energy it gives you. I was also amazed at how much more i could do compared to last summer (yes people last summer was the last time i did any real exercise!) Just need it to be light when i get home so i can run in the beautiful countryside around my house, just hope i dont get too bored of the gym before that happens!

G, thanks for the link i will def be checking it out, lucky for me that alot of my friends are personal trainers so im just waiting for a hardcore weights program to be written for me, i can imagine the pain already :)

x

Hi everyone great to see all the new bandsters are feeling better. Well I came back today minus my port. The infection was too bad to have the port replaced. Have to wait a few months til everything heals. Chris and Frederik were fantastic so sorry I didn't have my band done there in the first would have saved myself a fortune and would have received much better care. Thanks to everyone for the help and support and a special thanks to Gary

Hi everyone great to see all the new bandsters are feeling better. Well I came back today minus my port. The infection was too bad to have the port replaced. Have to wait a few months til everything heals. Chris and Frederik were fantastic so sorry I didn't have my band done there in the first would have saved myself a fortune and would have received much better care. Thanks to everyone for the help and support and a special thanks to Gary

aw thats a wee shame, iam sorry.

Thanks for you kind words.

gx

Hi all,

So excited now, I've just managed to figure a way to jiggle my finances around to make it possible to go for the date I wanted, 12 Feb!! I've emailed Frederik, just hope all the spaces on that date haven't been filled already.

Julie, sorry for the delay in replying, I only just got back online after spending much time with work, Uni assignments and borrowing from Peter to pay Paul!

Don't be silly, you didn't sound critical at all hun, I was worried about that too. Going on 12 Feb means I don't have to take my daughter with me which is good. The only down-side is that I will be going on my own. (I know Baarbs, but I'll pack light - no choice). :)

Glad to hear it's going so well already for those recently banded. I'm stocking up on slim-fasts for my return!

Jojo,

You don't have to go alone. Have PM'd you as I'm now confirmed for the 12th Feb and husband is there to carry our bags:thumbup:. We did the deposit tonight and booked our flights on the Flybe link you sent us, so we will meet up at Manchester with you on the 11th.

Barbs, anyone else, advice appreciated on what foods and amounts to take just to get us over the weekend. When are you meant to start the low fat diet ? Does Frederick send this out or do you just start one of your own now.

Excited and apprehensive at the same time. Just been looking at Cross trainers as were both finding it difficult to get to the Gym at the moment with busy work schedules.

Love Jeaniejinx

Hey guys and gals,

I felt the need to let everyone know that I feel wonderful today :biggrin:

It's been 7 days since my surgery and for the first couple of days I felt so much pain and regretted my decision to have the surgery but with each day that has passed the pain has been decreasing. I'm even sleeping on my sides again..woohoo !

Still on liquids...been having Soup (tomato, oxtail, chicken), banana Slimfast shakes (full of Vitamins and minerals), cup-a-soups, Cadburys Options and had a wee yogurt yesterday.

Wounds are healing well, although they are starting to get itchy, so I've been rubbing them through the dressing to try and get some relief.

Sharon x

Hello to you all,

After reading this forum and this amazingly useful thread I am now booked in and paid up with Dr Chris for the 2nd of feb.

Totally bricking it, but paid the money so cant go back now.

Any advice for someone going alone (via eurostar) from uk.

Thanks to you all.

Jojo,

You don't have to go alone. Have PM'd you as I'm now confirmed for the 12th Feb and husband is there to carry our bags:thumbup:. We did the deposit tonight and booked our flights on the Flybe link you sent us, so we will meet up at Manchester with you on the 11th.

Barbs, anyone else, advice appreciated on what foods and amounts to take just to get us over the weekend. When are you meant to start the low fat diet ? Does Frederick send this out or do you just start one of your own now.

Excited and apprehensive at the same time. Just been looking at Cross trainers as were both finding it difficult to get to the Gym at the moment with busy work schedules.

Love Jeaniejinx

Hi Jeaniejinx, Things to take Loose waisted nightwear and day wear for travelling home and slippers.For in the Hotel a mug ( they only have these silly pastic cups in the room) a couple of packs of cup a Soup, some low sugar NON fizzy drinks like fruit shoot type things, 4 LF Probiotic yoghurt drinks may be some coffee and tea for the room Bovril if you like it. A towel and flannel for hospital and toiletries. Don't bother with loads of make up and hair products you won't feel like useing them. maybe take some rennies or similar. That should do you.I found I wasn,t hungry but boy I was so dry. I had the yoghurt on the train back as well. You won't need to take any food or drink for the hospital, they will give you what you need. The hotel food is Ok but you are not alowd to eat or drink after midnight (don't have the pizza it was rock hard) Hope this will be helpfull anything els ask

You are mean't to start the LF Diet 2 weeks befor the op Like Weight Watchers or similar. Baarbs:thumbup:

Welcome home Lill. Sorry things didn't go as well as you had hoped but they only do things in the best interest of thier patient so it's for the best and they will look after you. Hope you get better soon. Thank for all the support you gave us. Baarbs x

Hey guys and gals,

I felt the need to let everyone know that I feel wonderful today :biggrin:

It's been 7 days since my surgery and for the first couple of days I felt so much pain and regretted my decision to have the surgery but with each day that has passed the pain has been decreasing. I'm even sleeping on my sides again..woohoo !

Still on liquids...been having Soup (tomato, oxtail, chicken), banana Slimfast shakes (full of Vitamins and minerals), cup-a-soups, Cadburys Options and had a wee yogurt yesterday.

Wounds are healing well, although they are starting to get itchy, so I've been rubbing them through the dressing to try and get some relief.

Sharon x

Hi Sharon, Glad your feeling better, Have you changed your dressings yet? You should have on monday maybe that ill help. I'm still on the liquids but still craving :) It's driving me mad. I feel good still tender on left side on the port but like you have slept on my side for two nights now. Can't wait to go on solids, I'm so impatient. Keep up the good work.xoxo

Hello to you all,

After reading this forum and this amazingly useful thread I am now booked in and paid up with Dr Chris for the 2nd of feb.

Totally bricking it, but paid the money so cant go back now.

Any advice for someone going alone (via eurostar) from uk.

Thanks to you all.

Hi Cankster, Don't be scared, Everyone is so nice over there and I'm sure you will meet others in the Hotel that are going and will all pal up.

Ask Sharon T!!! If at all possible take someone with you. When your in hospital it is so much better to have someone to wake up to but more importantly you are having an operation and to travel home on your own will not be easy as you will be sore. If you really can't take anyone with you travel very very very light. 1 small bag will be all you need and will be able to manage.

Off Eurostar in Brussells see time table for Valvoorde from Jon in earlier posts.10 mins on local train 3 stops Campinaile Hotel a short walk across the car park at back of station. See things to take above.

You will be fine none of us have regretted it. If you need anymore info ask any of us. Garry is a wizz.

Does anyone els get a pain behind their left shoulder blade and a dull ache for an hour or two after eating?