Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi everyone I have been reading lots of the posts, It's so helpfull and you are all so supportive. Garry you are a mind of information no wonder everyone asks you so much and not a wonder when I see how well you have done.

I see you all recommend WLS. As I said in my last posting I am being banded on Jan 15th with Dr Chris DeBruyne. Should I have my first fill with him or is it ok to sign up to WLS on my return. I'm not sure what is the best thing to do. Can someone help my dilemma?

Baarbs

My pleasure i just like to know things hahahaha, the fills are completely your choice, i know i would not go with anyone else but thats because i had a problem with a filland had to get another op to fix my port tubing to which ecfs looked after me as it was there fault, however on the other hand i know WLS are expieienced and cheaper, i also beleive they have insurance to cover these things but in my mind ll that is hassle. In saying all this getting a problem like mine is in the smallest of chances so you can only do what you feel to be right.

Good luck you will be fine but just stick your hand up id you want anymore info.

G

Thanx Garry, Although I still don't know what to do ha ha. As I live in Devon where ever I go is a long trip and will take up most of the day, will probably go to London as there is a more regular train service still 3 1/2 hours each way though, a real drag. When you go for your fills with ecfs do you get the same after care as with wls? WLS are doing a special package at the moment £275 for 6 months £549 for 12 months and £749 for 24 months.

Hi Sharon T and JennyO, snap I am getting banded on the 15th Jan also. My husband is coming with me, I don't know whether that is a good or bad idea, he has never had a weight problem or an issue with food so finds it hard to understand why I do. I am terribly nervous as well and feel this is the last resort so hope It will sort me out once and for all :smile2: Shall see you there.

I'm from the west country Devon anyone know where the nearest place for me for fills would be? Bristol is 2 1/2 hours drive so closer would be a bonus.

Hi Baarbs,

It's good to hear another person is going at the same time as me.

Both myself and JennyO are staying at the Campanile of 14th...have you booked your hotel yet?

It will be nice to have others to chat to the night before the operation...we can all maybe have a bite to eat together...

Now all we need is the snow to "go away" to ensure that the airports don't get closed.

x

Hi Sharon T, So glad you got in touch. I to am staying at the Campanile but am going by euro star, It's a lovley place to live in Devon but it's a real pain to get anywhere so will be doing the trip by train. On saying that the snow before Christmas stopped the euro star and today the trains are having all sorts of problems.

Do you know, if when we arrive at the hotel we have to phone the Dr or will he just be there expecting us? And meeting for the Last Supper will be good. Where are you Girls traveling from?

PS. Am very new to this am I suposed to write messages on the Quick reply or the Quote. Everyone on here seems very upbeat and supportive and are doing so well.

hi, i guess you are booked with ecfs, do they know its that airport as i know taxis are included but i know they also add quite a bit for that airport, just checking as i would hate you too have a problem when your there.

g

Hiya Garry yes I emailed Chris De Bruyne first and Frederick from ECFS got in touch with me then. I emailed him and asked was return taxi fares to Charleroi included in the price and he said yes. Maybe its different when you are getting a band done as its a set price or something? Did you stay in the Campanile hotel? I so was it ok, is it in the middle of nowhere? My poor hubby is coming with me so will probably be bored to death!

Thanks again for all the help

Hi Lil, When are you going to see Dr Chris. I am going on the 14th of Jan and my husband is going with me, if it is the same time the men could keep each other company. I know there is an age difference but my husband is good company and also Irish (don't know that that is such a good idea 2 Irish men let loose in Belgium ha ha) apparently the Campanile is in a small town but it has a square with restaurants and bars.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site. Just wondering if anyone has had their band done in Birmingham with the "Hospital Group" or if anyone has heard good or bad reports about them. I'm booked to have my Band fitted on the 23th Jan '10. It is costing £6995(stg) or just under €8000 for 2 years aftercare and with unlimited fills. I live in the Northwest of Ireland so I am going to be getting my fills in Belfast as they have a weekly clinic there and because its closest to me. They also have clinics in Dublin, Cork and Galway. From reading this site it seems that most people have gone to Dr Chris De Bruyne in Brussels. The reason I chose the Hospital Group was because of the weekly clinic but now i'm wondering should I change to Dr De Bruyne and he seems to be alot cheaper. I have only paid a deposit of €500, so still have time to change my mind. Would love to hear anyones advise.

Hi Abbey78, I know how you feel there are so many different places. I don't know the Hospital group. I chose Dr Chris De Bruyne because after doing a lot of research he had had no mortalaties and out of over 4000 operations had only had two with complications and they had complications before he operated on them. If you go to Belgium with him its Euros 4150 but you have traveling expensis and that doesn't include after care that is £100 per visit but you see him in this country or Ireland. A lot of people have used WLS the price list and web page is Weight Loss Surgery Group - Price list you have to make your oun decisions where you would feel happier. I am thinking of having my follow up care with WLS group as they do a good package as I said before. I would say though that 8000 seems a lot. If you read back on the post there is a lot of information from the bandsters

Hi Lil, When are you going to see Dr Chris. I am going on the 14th of Jan and my husband is going with me, if it is the same time the men could keep each other company. I know there is an age difference but my husband is good company and also Irish (don't know that that is such a good idea 2 Irish men let loose in Belgium ha ha) apparently the Campanile is in a small town but it has a square with restaurants and bars.

Hiya I'm not arriving until 18th January and op is on 19th. That would have been great thanks a million for the offer. Are you getting nervous/excited now about the op? It won't be long now

Hi Lil, Yes quaking in my shoes but have to stay positive. I will let you know how I got on.

the hotel in belgium is basic nd clean, not a lot around for your partners there are a few shops and food places. when you arrive frederik will come and meet you it will no doubt be late maybe 21.00-22.00 just depends when they get finished in the hospital that day so dont panic if its getting late he will show up, hell of a nice guy. its great that there are a few of you getting done the same day and that you have made a connection as this will really help each of you, you can all moan together hahahaha

gx

Hi Sharon T, So glad you got in touch. I to am staying at the Campanile but am going by euro star, It's a lovley place to live in Devon but it's a real pain to get anywhere so will be doing the trip by train. On saying that the snow before Christmas stopped the euro star and today the trains are having all sorts of problems.

Do you know, if when we arrive at the hotel we have to phone the Dr or will he just be there expecting us? And meeting for the Last Supper will be good. Where are you Girls traveling from?

PS. Am very new to this am I suposed to write messages on the Quick reply or the Quote. Everyone on here seems very upbeat and supportive and are doing so well.

Hi Baarbs,

I'm travelling from Fife (Scotland), so flying from Edinburgh is my best way of getting there. So my fingers are firmly crossed that "the big freeze" will miss Edinburgh Airport.

JennyO is Irish but she's working in Holland at the moment. So she's getting a train through. There's another lady coming from the Midlands too...I think she's travelling down to London and then getting the Eurostar. She's on another forum.

I have no idea what happens once we arrive. I was told that Dr. Chris would meet me at the Campanille at 8'clock the night before the surgery...I really must look through my correspondance before next week...

I'm a lot happier to go now that I know others are going at the same time as me. I'm travelling on my own and was a wee bit nervous but feel more confident now.

Hi Everyone

Hope you have all recovered from the Christmas and New year binges and ready to continue the weight loss journey in 2010 !!

I have been really good over Xmas/New year and managed to maintain my weight without any restriction yet. I was reading Anitahugs message and it has made me feel a little bit reassured :smile2: as I have just had my 4th fill, taking me to 5.75cc but I still have no restriction at all.......is this unusual as I thought I would be there by now ???

Wendy at WLS says that if I dont get restriction on my next injection I will probably need an xray to see if there is something wrong (which has worried me a little !!!)

Can anyone tell me if this is unusual as I thought I would be there by now but I can still tuck into a fish and chip dinner with no problem at all !!

Please help :thumbup:

Sue xx

Thanx for the info Garry. Like SharonT I was told I would be meeting Dr Chris on at 8pm at the Hotel, Who is Frederik? Ok Smarty Pants see if you know the answere to this one. I know I shouldn't have but I read Ann Diamonds blog have you seen it, she said she was operated on in Belgium, and they put the band around her asophagus instead of the stomach, and it was a real cock up. She also ranted on at how they didn't speak very good English ect, Well I know you Speak highly of the service. Do you know who did her op? Please say it wasn't Dr Chris!!!

Hi SharonT I was given the same info as you 8pm so we shall see. I have just asked Garry a few questions he's the the man with all the answers. We'll look out for each other. I also hope the weather doesn't play up and cause havock with the Trains. We have had a whole 2 inchs of snow here and everything ground to a halt!!! I have just spoken to friends tonight who live in Mansfield and they had 14 inches. She has only just dug her car out.

How is your pre op diet going? I have been really struggling, I'm finding it really hard to get on track since Christmas.