Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not loosing!

Hi, I had my surgery a month ago. Loosed 30 pounds on pre-op diet; nothing since then. I am kind of confuse and frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

So you lost 30 lbs in a 2- week preop? If so you have lost 30 lbs in 6 weeks. Almost exactly what I did in the same period of time, you just lost it quickly up front then stalled. If you are getting you Water and Protein in and following your plan and not eating crap you'll start to drop again. I actually get nervous if I have a big drop because it always means I'm due for a stall. Dropped 2.5lbs overnight...that has NEVER happened before so now I know I'm going to gain or stall for a bit.

Good point. I been looking at some other comments and it seems that I have to try and exercise. Maybe Water exercise; my knees are bad.

I was on the pre-op for a month before surgery because I was 324 pounds. So, 34 pounds in 2 months; I weighed myself just now. Thank you, I was scare and your comment make me react.

I had my surgery 7 weeks ago and I have lost 20 pounds but it seemed like a struggle to lose that much. I lost 67 on my own before my surgery & I was happy with what I was seeing on the scale but since the surgery I will lose 2 pounds one day then maybe 1 pound two days later, after that I might go a whole week and no weight lose. I try to exercise 5-6 days a week. I walk, ride the bike, elliptical & some weight training. I try to watch my calorie & carb intake & I don't eat more than 800 calories. Why I don't have the big weight loss like others?

I feel the same way and it's really starting to get me down. I have been doing everything that was recommended to me but I am still only down 17 pounds in 5 weeks. Many others I have talked to are losing a lot faster. I'm starting to feel like I'm going to fail here also. I just bounce up and down on the scale and I'm still eating nothing but Protein.

I'm having the same problem. Lost 36 pre-op. Then lost 11 lbs in first 2 weeks. Now I'm 5 weeks out and have only lost 5lbs in the last 3 weeks. I am exercising and eating as the doctor says. I feel like this too is failing, as every other thing I've tried. I also have to take replacement thyroid hormones because they killed my thyroid 8 years ago. So I'm wondering if anyone else has thyroid trouble and is further out. Could you tell me if this surgery worked for you, even though your thyroid doesn't work? Did you have slow weight loss, at the beginning?

On 4/2/2017 at 9:11 PM, chary977 said:

I had my surgery 7 weeks ago and I have lost 20 pounds but it seemed like a struggle to lose that much. I lost 67 on my own before my surgery & I was happy with what I was seeing on the scale but since the surgery I will lose 2 pounds one day then maybe 1 pound two days later, after that I might go a whole week and no weight lose. I try to exercise 5-6 days a week. I walk, ride the bike, elliptical & some weight training. I try to watch my calorie & carb intake & I don't eat more than 800 calories. Why I don't have the big weight loss like others?

I feel your pain. I had my surgery on June 26th and haven't lost but 20 also. My surgery weight was 242 and one im 222. Been at 222 for 4 days now...I want the big loss too!!!!

2 hours ago, Nene Higgins said:

I feel your pain. I had my surgery on June 26th and haven't lost but 20 also. My surgery weight was 242 and one im 222. Been at 222 for 4 days now...I want the big loss too!!!!

We are surgery buddies! My RNY was on 6/26 also. I'm down 20 pounds today. I lost 23 pre op so 43 total.

It also took me several days to loose the Water weight from surgery. My surgery weight was 227 and after surgery I was 235.

Its not a sprint, it's a marathon. I have to keep telling myself this. I thought weight would come off like 10 pounds a week! It's slower, but I still feel so much better than pre op!

I'm the same way. Disappointed with my weight loss. I don't understand. Seems 20 years ago it was much easier.

Aka_et

HW-220
Pre-op 194.3
RNY
SD June 16th 2017
CW-185
GW-140
HT 5' 3"

"You may see me struggle but you will never see me quit"