Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mentally preparing for Girl Scout Cookie sales which start tomorrow in my neighborhood

I'm almost six month out, been dropping weight consistently, although I still do occasionally get cravings which I've kept at bay. My biggest cheats may be a couple of extra cashews or two popsicles in one day. I've avoided most bad things; no problem. I know my will power is being tested more and more. I can definitely see how some get into trouble.

I just found out the girl scouts start selling their Cookies tomorrow. I've always participated. I do not have any girl scout relative or even friends who kids are girl scouts. I know so there is no excuse I should even be thinking about this. But I hate the thought of seeing them outside the supermarkets this weekend.

I know, I'll go shopping at 9 pm at night.

Haha those little innocent puppy dog eyes they give you as a marketing ploy lol. I just remind myself how self loathing they make me feel after I eat them and the Temptation Quickly dissipates. I think when you can be Honest with yourself like you are now you really have the Battle Mostly Won!!!

I just ordered two boxes for my family. Maybe just donate some money as you walk past!

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Most troops will allow you to buy boxes for the Military. They will pack them up and ship them out for you, and you never have to smell, touch, or even think about them!

It's a win-win in my book!

I am 2 months post op down 52 pounds and really, really love the chocolate mint Cookies. The issue is there are 5 other people in my family and they are going to buy the Cookies. I know I can not have them, but the temptation when they are in my home is overwhelming. I told everyone if the buy them, NOT to have them where I can see them, they give me the same answer all the time, you have to deal with it. Help

@@trekker954 I have my very own Girl Scout (Granddaughter) and Boy scout (grandson) So i get hit with the Cookies and Popcorn.... ughhhh... So, I buy boxes and we hand them out at the homeless shelter.

But, @@pammieanne is right.... you can donate boxes to the military... and you can just make a donation if you hate to pass buy.

the Samoas and thin mints kill me....

post-74134-0-22317600-1484838854_thumb.jpg

@@trekker954 I have my very own Girl Scout (Granddaughter) and Boy scout (grandson) So i get hit with the Cookies and Popcorn.... ughhhh... So, I buy boxes and we hand them out at the homeless shelter.

But, @@pammieanne is right.... you can donate boxes to the military... and you can just make a donation if you hate to pass buy.

the Samoas and thin mints kill me....

attachicon.gif15872019_1228501003895683_7018279810558414318_n.jpg

GIRRRRLLLLLL, that MEME! That is sooooo me. I am not proud of this, but once I ate AN ENTIRE BOX OF SAMOAS..all by myself, in a car ride...and it wasn't even a long car ride, just a ride across town.

@@Malin You are not alone..... I would have boxes stashed all over.... couple at work, in the top of my closet, on the top of the kitchen cabinets...But the best place... Laundry room, no one ever went in there but me... hehe It was bad... i was like an alcoholic stashing bottles.< /p>

I give them a twenty and tell them to keep the Cookies. My sister was a GS when we were kids and one year we were the regional distributor - crates of cookies stacked up in the living room. It does good work if you keep the cookies away from your insides!

Yes! Just tell them you'd like the Cookies donated. My daughter is a brownie, and we get tons of folks to buy to donate

OMG, I'm so ashamed. You are all giving me way too much credit; believing I buy the Cookies to support the Girl Scouts, when in fact its only a small percentage of my thinking that I'm donating to them, a small percentage of I'll won't have to deal with their badgering me while entering the market but mostly like 90% that its (in the past) giving me an excuse to buy lots of Cookies for MYSELF!!!! Yup, so ashamed.

Even in my fat day, I would rarely buy boxed cookies, okay sometimes Milanos. But when I'd come home or show up to the office with four boxes of girl scout cookies no one would raise an eyebrown; they believe, like you all, I'm supporting a good cause.

Either way, I know how to just avoid them. There are a couple of chains that allow them to sell on weekends, I know which ones and I can shop elsewhere. I believe I also have the strength to say no. I'm not sure I'd have to strength to buy and donate. I don't think I can even approach them and look. Sometimes in a supermarket I have to walk through the bakery to reach the deli counter. I fixate my eyes on the deli, so my eyes do not even glance at the baked goods or bread.

Whomever thinks WLS is easy, its not!!!

Edited by trekker954