Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April sleevers

Anyone else get to the soft diet phase and find that it just didn't taste like it used to??? :( Maybe thats a good thing but I got to eat eggs yesterday and was do disappointed.

So, i had my sleeve down on the 20th. Um, i cant say it started out ok but definitely was more of a bumpy obstacle. I tries to get oit of bed and passed out

So, i had my sleeve down on the 20th. Um, i cant say it started out ok but definitely was more of a bumpy obstacle. I tries to get oit of bed and passed out. I ended up back in surgery because i was bleeding internally and was given 2 units of blood. Ive been in the ICU since but i feel soooo much better. I have been walking and drinking just fine.

I'm so sorry you had such a rough start.

10 hours ago, sonjak1 said:

So, i had my sleeve down on the 20th. Um, i cant say it started out ok but definitely was more of a bumpy obstacle. I tries to get oit of bed and passed out

Im so sorry to hear @sonjak1. Glad your feeling better

@DS1 I started pureed food today. Will do scrambled eggs tomorrow.. and report back. I had home food pureed today and it tasted fine. Was only able to have a few spoons and was done!

So I just tried a scrambled egg with cheese and other than the fact that I couldnt manage more than 4 bites and my bfast has stretched into lunch, it tasted great and felt so good to be able to chew something - I mixed some salt and pepper into the egg whipping and add cheese while it was on the stove.

So yesterday, I got super thirsty at around 6pm. Up until that point I probably had 1 bottle of Water. Made it home from work, and had to drink drink drink. I got down 2 cups in about 10 minutes. That was a record. Knew i was going to be in pain but to my surprise ... Nothing. So a few hours later I filled up my glass and was able to drink like I had before the surgery. I didn't think that was going to be possible again.

:)

So today I was reading about exercise and maintaining muscle and I ran across this article. Everyone's Dr. is different and follow different guidelines but several of you were talking about stalls in the first few weeks after surgery and when I read it, I immediately thought of sharing with you all.

https://www.mexicobariatriccenter.com/not-losing-weight-after-gastric-sleeve-surgery/

Hi everyone, I was sleeved on 4/11, I am 5'2, my weight the day of my surgery was 205, and today I weigh 198. My goal weight is somewhere between 120 and 130lbs. I am worried that I'm not losing enough weight. I am following my nutritionist's plan to a T, no cheating at all. Getting in around 750 to 800 calories per day, drinking 80 ounces of Water, and getting in 100 grams of Protein daily. I walk 1 to 2 miles every day. I am noticing that my clothes are bigger, but the scale isn't moving much. I went from a 2X to a Large. I'm beginning to feel discouraged. Any advice?

Sent from my SM-G920P using BariatricPal mobile app

Throw the scale out! That is not how you should depend your feelings on. The way you feel the way that your clothes feel on you and how much freer you feel when you move your body. Maybe will yourself once a month or just when you go for your doctor visits. Seriously hide that thing!

I second that. Don't worry about the scale. If your body is changing its a sign that you are making progress. You've already made some progress, and while it may not seem like a lot, I can tell you that I too was in a 2x and wish I was able to fit the large shirts in my closet. Everyone is different and loses (progresses) differently.

Take a few measurements today and begin to track by the tape measure if thats the way your body is progressing. The scale will have it's turn soon. :)

I know everyone says don't worry about scale. But I keep up with today I have been sleeved since April 6th and I'm down 41. I measure all food to a cup since I have felt no restrictions I can now have soft vegetables instead of mashed. Only issues is my back and shoulders are hurting which I attribute to atrophy of the muscles since I haven't worked out or lifted much in my upper body since surgery

Ugh... So sorry you had that experience! I hope it has gotten better for you since! I was sleeved on the 25th and nothing major except for gas bubbles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using BariatricPal mobile app