Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April sleevers

had a lot of success like i posted Monday i was down nearly 30 in a little over a week, but since Saturday i have not lost anything. feel no restriction on Water or liquids i getting my Protein in nearly 70 Grams of protein a day. Today Im adding soft foods. Is anyone else going through a stall after your body gets adjusted.

thatt topic just came up on the thread below

oops.

Edited by reignmystic
wrong forum

Hi April Sleevers,

I had my surgery on April 13, so I am officially 1 week in and down 5 pounds. I am starting soft food tomorrow. The 3 shakes a day has been tough because I find they taste terrible (to me). Far too sweet. The shakes account for 24oz and Dr wants another 24 of Water which I am able to do without difficulty. I have also tried SF popsicles and SF Jello which were SO GOOD!

I have been more sore than I anticipated being which curbed my walking, which probably added to my soreness. I still have pain but have been off pain meds since Saturday. I developed a bad cough and that has been very tough on my belly. All incision sites are intact though, so even though I think I'm splitting open, I guess I haven't really!

I'm so excited to have a scrambled egg tomorrow. I'll let you know how it tastes!

2 hours ago, pafn said:

Hi April Sleevers,

I had my surgery on April 13, so I am officially 1 week in and down 5 pounds. I am starting soft food tomorrow....

I'm so excited to have a scrambled egg tomorrow. I'll let you know how it tastes!

Oh wow! I guess each surgeon is different. Mine has me on the liquid phase until monday (got sleeved april 10th).
So I cant say Im not jealous haha..

The pain goes away once you walk. Its mainly gas and the more you sit the more it'll accumulate so try and move as much as you can. I have to remind myself to move more but once I do I feel a ton better!
Enjoy the egg tomorrow!!;)

I had surgery the 6th I'm down 20lbs since then I've tried to get my Protein still having trouble. Walked a mile yesterday and a combined mile today.

Congrats!! Did you experience any gas pain after surgery? If so was it painful?

8 hours ago, soon2bvsg said:

I had gas pains but I was walking about 1 hr after waking up and I made it a point to get up and out of bed every 2 hours or so unless I fell asleep. I was drugged up very well with morphine so that might have been helpful but I know the walking helped a lot, I did have left shoulder pain one day 2 but that went away as soon as I went to walk.
The surgery is painful and ofcourse the healing is individual but dont let the gas pain scare you!

All the best!

I agree... Each surgeon and person is different. I was sleeved on the 8th and like@reignmystic I'm waiting for that 14 day mark to start soft foods. I cheated a few days ago and painfully paid the price. Was looking forward to some eggs but anxious about the gas and if my tummy will take it.

Down 22lbs in two weeks. I think I'm loosing way too fast. Doc says it's ok but I'm concerned.

Just now, DS1 said:

I agree... Each surgeon and person is different. I was sleeved on the 8th and like@reignmystic I'm waiting for that 14 day mark to start soft foods. I cheated a few days ago and painfully paid the price. Was looking forward to some eggs but anxious about the gas and if my tummy will take it.

Down 22lbs in two weeks. I think I'm loosing way too fast. Doc says it's ok but I'm concerned.

Dont be - I had someone the same weight as me whose down 25 lbs only a day earlier surgery than me. I'm down almost 20 in 10 days! and my clothes fit better, I look better and I feel awesome (other than the surgical incisions)

13 hours ago, soon2bvsg said:

just a small bubble in my Chest that i cold move a little and it goes away. every now and then it still hits me.

Dont be - I had someone the same weight as me whose down 25 lbs only a day earlier surgery than me. I'm down almost 20 in 10 days! and my clothes fit better, I look better and I feel awesome (other than the surgical incisions)

Thank you fir the reassurance. Is it stupid that I'm dreading going back to work. I took some time off (2 weeks) and stupidly have anxiety over how noticeable it will be when I return next week.
A few weeks ago I never would have cared.

What I have found is that no one really pays that much attention. I have lost 45lbs since I started this journey and nobody notices. Its not that much of a % body weight change so I wouldn't worry they will probably just see a more glowy happy you :-)

Biggest issue I have is the continual questioning on why I am not drinking, every single time I go out, sooner or later they will get used to it. I haven't ventured into eating out with friends yet, I am dreading the questions on how much I eat so avoiding as long as possible.

Just enjoy the weight loss my scales are going up ;-)

So even though the scale numbers are not heading the right direction my measurements are so that has kept my happy. I just had my eyes opened to the changes that my body is going through. I went back to Crossfit today, I looked at the workout and thought oh yeah this is for me, its all stuff I can do, lifting things and putting them back down again much better at that the burpees and handstands. So off I trot excited to be back start with my strength work out push press easy peasy super strong here .... eeer not any more !!! Usually I push press about 110lbs today 75lbs and that was with everything I had, so that's what happens with you loose an inch of your bicep. Anyway scaled everything back after that and completed the class I look forward to building some nice new lean muscle and strength without the pounds of fat to go with it :-)

@bs19gal Good job for trying! You'll get there - slow and steady!
I'm actually hesitant to go back to the gym at the moment. My dr said to wait 6 weeks and to walk walk walk. So thats what I'm doing!

@DS1 Just breathe. You'll be fine!

Good for you. Doc knows best. I did get clearance before going. I seem to be a good healer lousy looser, ha ha.