Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you find that vomiting has become part of your post VSG life?

I never threw up. I was worried about that in the beginning, but I was lucky and never had any problem. I am four months out so I think I am in the clear.

Yes! Was sleeved last November and it happens to me a lot and it's not a pleasant experience. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what causes it so I can avoid it happening again. Sometimes it's eating too fast, other times it's the consistency of the food.

I just vomited four weeks out. But I also started Vitamins and I think that makes me throw up. Argg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had to switch to Patch MD. I was fine and actually loving the sort of baby aspirin taste, and one day gagged. I tried the next day, no way. Switched to patch, my dr approves of them, saved me.

I have vomited a few times since my surgery.. it was all due to drinking or eating too fast :( or if I drank Water too soon after eating.. its still a learning phase for me. but ive got it pretty much under control now :) good luck to u :)

Hi for me it was very regular for 1st 2 months then stopped for a few weeks then started up again. meat is not my friend plus I am still eating to fast which I think is the main cause. I hope it does settle soon.

Hi for me it was very regular for 1st 2 months then stopped for a few weeks then started up again. meat is not my friend plus I am still eating to fast which I think is the main cause. I hope it does settle soon.

I know I eat too fast and too much. Now that I threw up, I'm so slowing down.

I know I eat too fast and too much. Now that I threw up, I'm so slowing down.

6 months post op and it seems to have finally stopped. Only been sick once in past month which is a great improvement 🤞

Glad to hear it's getting better. I'm 4.5 months out and luckily have not had to vomit at all. I was nauseous right after from the anesthesia but I didn't throw up. I do get slimies from time to time but if I get up and move it usually helps it pass.

Haven't yet, but came close twice. Once was falling into old habits and talking at dinner and not paying attention to my pace. Another time was just eating some chicken, felt full and stopped, and then 10 minutes later out of nowhere I was running for the bathroom. Luckily I kept it down. So far chicken is my biggest foe.

I don't vomit, I just bring the food black up and spit it out. This happens now on a weekly basis, makes me feel much better. I do it instead of feeling miserable after overeating.

Maybe it's not right to do? I don't know. But I sure feel good afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

2 minutes ago, painter88 said:

I don't vomit, I just bring the food black up and spit it out. This happens now on a weekly basis, makes me feel much better. I do it instead of feeling miserable after overeating.

Maybe it's not right to do? I don't know. But I sure feel good afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

MAYBE it's not right to do?

That's called bulimia. How about just not overeating by measuring your food?

You can't rely on the surgery forever, because the benefits are really only temporary. You'll be able to eat almost normal portions a couple to a few years out, so learn to make good choices and portion now, or it will equal regain down the road.

I'm just about 3 months out and have found that I have thrown up more than I'd like.

After surgery I was vomiting a lot. Now I've also found if I've eaten too much or too fast I'll vomit. So I'm learning to slow down etc.

But I also find that just about any type of meat makes me vomit no matter how well I chew or how slowly I eat.

I think my sleeve just hates me sometimes but my surgeon doesn't seem concerned. I e spoken with him a few times about it and all the nausea I have each day. So not sure what else to do as he offers no meds to help with nausea. Just tells me to tough it out and it'll get better.