Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've had my band for 13 years. Yes, I "throw up" almost regularly. Can't eat bread hardly, fruits, french fries, etc. I lost 50 pounds and 18 months ago had a Tummy Tuck. The placement of the port has cause me ALOT of pain the last 9 months! It is now trying to poke through. A stitch has come through and I've also lost another 25 pounds. I'm so happy where I am weight wise and only have 15 pounds to go! Now I'm talking with a surgeon about removal. I'M SCARED TO DEATH! I DON'T EVER WANT TO BACK TO BEING OBESE EVER AGAIN!!!! Not even overweight!

I've only read posts of other people removing the devices and gaining a BUNCH of weight!!!

I'm thinking of revising, but 13 years is a long time to have something foreign in your body!

I'm thinking of just asking him to move the port...

Thoughts?

That is a question only you can answer...

every time I've deflated mine, I have gained.

(Banded12/06)

I am not willing to go back .

Yes she is fussy but after my Tummy Tuck, I don't want to remove it.

I have 1.5 in a 4 band. I leave it low and try to make good decisions.

I'm following your thread

Good luck

Hi, I had a lapband in nov 13 and I lost 15kg by about March 14, then my weight started to increase, along with major reflux and vomiting. I made the decision to get it removed, and only by having it removed they found that the band had malfunctioned and was twisted and kinked, hence the trouble I was having. It was removed in Sept 16. I had it removed and I put on no weight and my reflux instantly was gone in the 3 months I had to wait to get a gastric sleeve. I have had my sleeve a week ago and looking forward to eating tiny portions of what ever I want. I would suggest maybe you get an X-ray to see weather everything is in the right place and functioning the way it should be. If your port is the only major issue, maybe you could just get it moved. Anyway that's my story. Hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Mine wasn't removed, but I had 2cc's out of the 5cc's in my band when I got a stomach virus that caused me to throw up hourly. Well...it didn't take long to pack the pounds back on and make matters worse, I haven't been able to find my "sweet spot" since then - it's been over a year. Long story short, I'm basically back to my starting weight again. I go see my surgeon on Thursday and we'll talk about my options or if he can get me stabilized again. If you have the opportunity, I'd revise to something else.

Hi There,,

I recently had to have my band (and port) removed due to slippage. I was throwing up, had major heartburn all the time, and could hardly eat anything that wasn't "slippery". I was freaked out, too. I had lost 65 pounds and did NOT want to gain any of it back. I decided to have the gastric sleeve done right after the band was removed, but when I woke up, they said they were unable to do so because of the damage done from a hiatal hernia repair that was done when my band was put in 5 years ago. (something about some mesh that was used and it looking like "hamburger" by the time they removed it all) Anyway... I am steadily gaining weight and NEVER feel full. The scale is going back up and up and I"m trying really hard not to get depressed. I love that I don't have heartburn though. I am scheduled for the gastric sleeve in 4 weeks, and I can't wait!!! (meanwhile, I've had to purchase a bigger bra, underwear and stretch pants. NOT WHAT I PLANNED 5 years ago!!) Deep breath. This weight gain in only temporary, right? If you remove your band, replace it with another form of weight loss is my suggestion.

Once you get the sleeve the extra weight gained after the band is out comes off super quick

Lapband Nov 13 - Removed Sept 16

Gastric Sleeve Jan 16