Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BariatricPal Policy Reminders – Everyone Please Read!

So? What's new on BP?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Not much at all...............only that some of the folks that were honest with me.....gave me the jolts of truth and challenged me......helped direct me to change my thinking and behaviors..........helped me extend my life....which was soon to end....and now I feel like I'll live forever since taking their advice.........yeah...those people have been permanently banned.

Not much has happened.

Sadly.....the loss will impact the very newbies that are posting in this thread the most. I was one of them this time a year ago. I wish them well and hope that they can sift through the bs and find some real solid advice from some real solid veterans. There truly aren't many left and it is a poor reflection of what this place is becoming.

So? What's new on BP?

Not much at all...............only that some of the folks that were honest with me.....gave me the jolts of truth and challenged me......helped direct me to change my thinking and behaviors..........helped me extend my life....which was soon to end....and now I feel like I'll live forever since taking their advice.........yeah...those people have been permanently banned.

Not much has happened.

Sadly.....the loss will impact the very newbies that are posting in this thread the most. I was one of them this time a year ago. I wish them well and hope that they can sift through the bs and find some real solid advice from some real solid veterans. There truly aren't many left and it is a poor reflection of what this place is becoming.

I am confused about why advice givers are being banned...

So are the mass lipstick profile pics for LipStickLady? Was she banned?

I think it is bullshit that when people ask to have their accounts deleted, you don't do it. This site is worthless and I have asked numerous times to have mine removed, this one and another one that I accidentally set up with my Facebook log in and can't even get a response. If I swear enough in this response, would you please do as I ask? Who in the hell do you think you are to not allow people to get off this site? Trust me, you are not helping yourself and it is just false advertising. We should all get together and create a class action lawsuit against your ass!! There was never anything written about not being to delete an account when you sign up.

Absolute crap to run a site like this. Hope you are proud of yourself. Trust me when I say I won't have anything nice to say about it, ever.

Edited by simpsongrad

I knew this purge was going to cause a mini uproar but I think it'll benefit BariatricPal in the long term. I'm tired of seeing members bullied in the name of tough love or whatever twisted logic some members come up with as an excuse to terrorize others.

Oh, Alex. "terrorize"? Really?

Look, I'm not as outraged as some people are, and I'm not demanding that you delete my account. You're running a business and it's been helpful for me. But, it would be great if you'd not use that kind of language. I'm a military veteran, married to an active duty soldier and believe me, there's not one iota of terrorizing going on here. Bullied, maybe. Terrorized? Don't make me laugh.

The people you just either banned or caused to leave are the reason I'm here and the reason many people are here...I get NOTHING from newbies eating pizza in their bathrooms so their spouses don't know they're 'cheating'. But when LL slapped me upside my virtual head when I asked about wine at 6 weeks post-op? THAT helped. AND, it made me think 'hey, my team was wrong about BP, there are some nuggets of wisdom to be gleaned there'...I hate that they were right, and I'm going to have to admit it at my real-life support group meeting next week.

The snowflakes have had their fun, and when they all leave because they've hit goal or stopped losing because of their crappy habits, it's going to be sad and lonely around here...you may have 310,273 accounts (which we now understand to mean 'anyone who ever signed up, ever'), but you probably have about 50 active posters and about 100 more who drop in from time to time, in the sleeve forums. That's not a robust readership, by any means. I'm sad to see this, and although I may stick around for a while, it's only because of 2 or 3 people who I think need support...there's no support left here for me. And I'm going to buy my Vitamins, Proteins and Moon cheese elsewhere...I never get free shipping anyway.

Let's think about things logically for a second.....

Do you think this was a personal vendetta against a few members? What do I or BariatricPal have to gain from banning some very active members? If we are all about the mighty $, don't you think it would be in our best interest to keep things status quo and not make waves?

BariatricPal is supposed to be a safe place for the weight loss surgery community and my mission in life is to keep it that way. I started BariatricPal the night I came home from my own weight loss surgery. It started off as a hobby for me and I literally spent hundreds and thousands keeping it going for many years without any financial support. It was my way of giving back to the community that supported me through my WLS. We've grown quite a bit over the last 14 years and I've recently launched a few businesses to serve the community and support our growth. It's an awesome feeling being able to help people and make a good, decent and honest living. It's living the American dream.

2017 is going to be a great year for the BariatricPal community. We have some really interesting projects that are launching in a few months. We're done with the rudeness, disrespect and bullying. Failure to follow the Forum Rules will lead to consequences included lifetime bans from BariatricPal.

PS: Check your records. You received FREE SHIPPING for every single order you placed at the BariatricPal Store :D

I think it is bullshit that when people ask to have their accounts deleted, you don't do it. This site is worthless and I have asked numerous times to have mine removed, this one and another one that I accidentally set up with my Facebook log in and can't even get a response. If I swear enough in this response, would you please do as I ask? Who in the hell do you think you are to not allow people to get off this site? Trust me, you are not helping yourself and it is just false advertising. We should all get together and create a class action lawsuit against your ass!! There was never anything written about not being to delete an account when you sign up.

Absolute crap to run a site like this. Hope you are proud of yourself. Trust me when I say I won't have anything nice to say about it, ever.

Who's not allowing you to get off this site. Your outrage is quite comical. Go ahead and just delete our app and don't visit this website again.

If you want to leave kindly leave and stop behaving like whiny children. For people who claim to be so selflessly willing to help, your whining betrays a lot.

Sent from my SM-N900P using the BariatricPal App

If they aren't acting like themselves, maybe they just need a Snicker's candy bar? :)

I think we need some proof here Alex. Lipstick and Babbs weren't the problem and you know it. I'm done with this site. You should delete the accounts of people who want them deleted

Good luck making money.

Babbs is gone too? If so, I'm out. That's ridiculous!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

And in other news, in the 4th quarter, the Patriots are leading the Texans 24 to 16.

I knew this purge was going to cause a mini uproar but I think it'll benefit BariatricPal in the long term. I'm tired of seeing members bullied in the name of tough love or whatever twisted logic some members come up with as an excuse to terrorize others.

Oh, Alex. "terrorize"? Really?

Look, I'm not as outraged as some people are, and I'm not demanding that you delete my account. You're running a business and it's been helpful for me. But, it would be great if you'd not use that kind of language. I'm a military veteran, married to an active duty soldier and believe me, there's not one iota of terrorizing going on here. Bullied, maybe. Terrorized? Don't make me laugh.

The people you just either banned or caused to leave are the reason I'm here and the reason many people are here...I get NOTHING from newbies eating pizza in their bathrooms so their spouses don't know they're 'cheating'. But when LL slapped me upside my virtual head when I asked about wine at 6 weeks post-op? THAT helped. AND, it made me think 'hey, my team was wrong about BP, there are some nuggets of wisdom to be gleaned there'...I hate that they were right, and I'm going to have to admit it at my real-life support group meeting next week.

The snowflakes have had their fun, and when they all leave because they've hit goal or stopped losing because of their crappy habits, it's going to be sad and lonely around here...you may have 310,273 accounts (which we now understand to mean 'anyone who ever signed up, ever'), but you probably have about 50 active posters and about 100 more who drop in from time to time, in the sleeve forums. That's not a robust readership, by any means. I'm sad to see this, and although I may stick around for a while, it's only because of 2 or 3 people who I think need support...there's no support left here for me. And I'm going to buy my Vitamins, Proteins and Moon cheese elsewhere...I never get free shipping anyway.

Let's think about things logically for a second.....

Do you think this was a personal vendetta against a few members? What do I or BariatricPal have to gain from banning some very active members? If we are all about the mighty $, don't you think it would be in our best interest to keep things status quo and not make waves?

BariatricPal is supposed to be a safe place for the weight loss surgery community and my mission in life is to keep it that way. I started BariatricPal the night I came home from my own weight loss surgery. It started off as a hobby for me and I literally spent hundreds and thousands keeping it going for many years without any financial support. It was my way of giving back to the community that supported me through my WLS. We've grown quite a bit over the last 14 years and I've recently launched a few businesses to serve the community and support our growth. It's an awesome feeling being able to help people and make a good, decent and honest living. It's living the American dream.

2017 is going to be a great year for the BariatricPal community. We have some really interesting projects that are launching in a few months. We're done with the rudeness, disrespect and bullying. Failure to follow the Forum Rules will lead to consequences included lifetime bans from BariatricPal.

PS: Check your records. You received FREE SHIPPING for every single order you placed at the BariatricPal Store :D

Thanks for helping me to 'think about things logically', Alex. Honestly, is that helpful? I've not talked down to you at all. I will give you a chuckle for the shipping thing...I was trying to be funny and probably haven't paid a dime for shipping ;-)

I'm truly thrilled that this is a success for you. Ever since I signed on to BP, I've admired you for 2 things...one is that you're a band patient and a successful one. I don't know, IRL, a single person who was banded who has had any lasting success, let alone maintained as long as you have. And two, that you took your life experience and turned it into a successful business. It's one of my great regrets in life that I've never realized my desire to be an entrepreneur, and you've clearly done it quite well.

That said, I wonder if this event is in keeping with a desire to keep this a 'safe place' or if it was a knee-jerk reaction to fear that your reputation was being sullied. In my house, we talk about doing the 'hard, right thing' vs caving in to peer pressure and fear. And I also wonder WHO you're keeping this a 'safe place' for? A place where PMs are read by moderators, people are banned with no warning or the courtesy of an explanation, a place where the vast bulk of the participants are as clueless as I was when I arrived here 8-ish months ago? Who is that 'safe' for? That's a big old echo chamber, which isn't a great place for support or information. So, maybe I'm not all that logical, or all that smart, or even marginally valued here...but I'm not sure I'm 'safe', either.

I expect I'll soon see some snarky blacked-out name replacing Shelterdog64 in my profile...good luck to you.

Please do not delete my account. I still plan to come here and do not know or care about the people that got banned. Just felt that should be mentioned.

And now he's apparently changing the banned users names to things like Time To Grow Up and Stop Being a Child.

This is your leader, folks.

Is that it? I thought people were changing their own names, wih your new name and the examples you gave those members' comments to Alex.

It has nothing to do with "leader." There is no leader in this site. It's Alex's business, not a workshop or class sort of operation. . .

>No you all are just annoying. I've never heard people make this much noise about leaving an internet forum..

What you're not getting is that leaving a place involves taking your things with you, such as your name and personal property. If you've left a job, for example, didn't you take your things from the desk or locker you'd used? Those who want to quit BP want to take what's personal, but none are things that can be packed into a carton. You registered for BP only a few weeks ago. You're speaking without knowing what's been going on that led to the current climate. One of the worst if not the worst, is today's revelation of the website owner's forays into reading personal messages that members exchange. That's dirty business.

You don't get to take your desk and chair or any of the work you previously did. You leave and stop whining about being fired. Do you expect us to delete the posts that other members took their time to respond to? Every member agreed to our terms of service and forum rules upon signup.

If we receive complaints from a member that they're being bullied by a certain member or group of members via private messaging. We will go ahead and investigate and read through the reported messages. This is common practice on any internet forum, Facebook included.

And now he's apparently changing the banned users names to things like Time To Grow Up and Stop Being a Child.

This is your leader, folks.

Is that it? I thought people were changing their own names, wih your new name and the examples you gave those members' comments to Alex.

It has nothing to do with "leader." There is no leader in this site. It's Alex's business, not a workshop or class sort of operation. . .

No you all are just annoying. I've never heard people make this much noise about leaving an internet forum..

What you're not getting is that leaving a place involves taking your things with you, such as your name and personal property. If you've left a job, for example, didn't you take your things from the desk or locker you'd used? Those who want to quit BP want to take what's personal, but none are things that can be packed into a carton. You registered for BP only a few weeks ago. You're speaking without knowing what's been going on that led to the current climate. One of the worst if not the worst, is today's revelation of the website owner's forays into reading personal messages that members exchange. That's dirty business.

It's just an internet forum dude!!

Besides I stalked for ages... only decided to join not to lose interest..

Sent from my SM-N900P using the BariatricPal App

So if we did want to delete our account, how could this be accomplished? Unsubscribing is different from deleting an account. I am having surgery next month and am disappointed that the vets are being banned. Vets are what run this forum.