Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BariatricPal Policy Reminders – Everyone Please Read!

If you're upset and want to leave the site, then move along so the remaining members can do the same.

If you're among those waiting to move along, you have the ability to extricate yourself from the thread and the vitriol. If you're lingering because, like those who materialize out of the ether to stare at traffic accidents, you're transfixed. You're on the horns of a dilemma. The good part is that choice is inherent.

@whitesale you've been here what 3 days move along off this thread you don't even understand why people are upset your so new.

I'm sure she's been on before Dec...Just a new profile of one of the members who start this BS.

No, she's new!! She is the bathroom floor crier!!

Update on my post #30 -- for accuracy and fairness:

The post by Alex in which he refers to PM's containing nauseating things was not deleted. It's post #10.

That's what I said!!! lol

If you want to leave kindly leave and stop behaving like whiny children. For people who claim to be so selflessly willing to help, your whining betrays a lot.

Sent from my SM-N900P using the BariatricPal App

And now he's apparently changing the banned users names to things like Time To Grow Up and Stop Being a Child.

This is your leader, folks.

Hey Alex, how about you take your own advice?

If you want to leave kindly leave and stop behaving like whiny children. For people who claim to be so selflessly willing to help, your whining betrays a lot.

Ah, name-calling, the last bastion of the uneducated.

No you all are just annoying. I've never heard people make this much noise about leaving an internet forum..

Alex, Thank you for admitting that you have taken away our personal rights when we joined BP.

Reading pm's? Seriously???

Nothing is sacred anymore. DELETE MY ACCOUNT!!!

I don't want to be associated with this site anymore.

I don't want my email address shared, I don't want my info shared and I sure as hell don't want you reading my pm's. Which part of PERSONAL don't you get???

@Alex Breacher... please delete the accounts for those who want to leave. You don't want us here and we don't want to be here. If it is about member numbers new ones will replace us ina few weeks. FYI this is my official request to be deleted. Deleting posts was bad... banning people terrible but reading PMs is beyond unacceptable.

EVERY SINGLE POSTER, without exception, who have defended Alex's decisions have joined within the past 6 months. If that doesn't speak volumes about the type of member being courted by this site I don't know what would. Veterans who have met goal do not spend $$ in the store, or support recommended surgeons/healthcare facilities (Medical Tourism).

Gone is the experience the veterans so freely shared. Sure, their advice was not always rainbows and unicorns, but it was truthful.

Some of us do NOT want coddled, we want help on this journey. We want information that can ONLY come from those that have lived it!

Although this is my first post, I have been lurking, reading & researching for over a year.

@@White Sale Or you could skip the thread and move along yourself. I'll have my say, thanks.

I've been running BariatricPal in one form or another since 2003. I can count on one hand the times that I've had no choice but to log in to a members account to read through their PMs. One of these cases involved a suicidal member who called me a few weeks after an incident to thank us for saving her life. It takes a lot for us to go into an account and read through PMs. Privacy means a great deal to me. What "trumps" privacy though is member safety. Our members need to feel safe here. I'd love to post screenshots of the PMs that were recently discovered but our policy is and always has been to keep all member information private. There was a coordinated effort to make fun of members and another to bully them because they didn't conform or agree with certain members. I have three kids, two dogs and a pretty busy life. The last thing I find entertaining is reading through member PMs. Yes, we have full access (even to deleted PMs) and we've never hidden that fact.

We currently have 310,273 members. Do you really think it's going to impact our membership levels if I delete 10-20 accounts? I think not. I'm not deleting your accounts on principle. You are more than welcome to WALK AWAY and never come back to this website. Nobody is forcing you to return. You can click on UNSUBSCRIBE from the forum as well as the store emails you might receive. We have never shared our email list with others and we don't ever plan on doing that.

I knew this purge was going to cause a mini uproar but I think it'll benefit BariatricPal in the long term. I'm tired of seeing members bullied in the name of tough love or whatever twisted logic some members come up with as an excuse to terrorize others.

@@WLSResources/ClothingExch I LOVE your ability to turn a phrase <3 I might stay around just for you...we can exchange salacious private messages to titillate our moderators ;-)

I've been running BariatricPal in one form or another since 2003. I can count on one hand the times that I've had no choice but to log in to a members account to read through their PMs. One of these cases involved a suicidal member who called me a few weeks after an incident to thank us for saving her life. It takes a lot for us to go into an account and read through PMs. Privacy means a great deal to me. What "trumps" privacy though is member safety. Our members need to feel safe here. I'd love to post screenshots of the PMs that were recently discovered but our policy is and always has been to keep all member information private. There was a coordinated effort to make fun of members and another to bully them because they didn't conform or agree with certain members. I have three kids, two dogs and a pretty busy life. The last thing I find entertaining is reading through member PMs. Yes, we have full access (even to deleted PMs) and we've never hidden that fact.

We currently have 310,273 members. Do you really think it's going to impact our membership levels if I delete 10-20 accounts? I think not. I'm not deleting your accounts on principle. You are more than welcome to WALK AWAY and never come back to this website. Nobody is forcing you to return. You can click on UNSUBSCRIBE from the forum as well as the store emails you might receive. We have never shared our email list with others and we don't never plan on doing that.

I knew this purge was going to cause a mini uproar but I think it'll benefit BariatricPal in the long term. I'm tired of seeing members bullied in the name of tough love or whatever twisted logic some members come up with as an excuse to terrorize others.

Curious....under what principle are you changing people's user names, people who don't have the ability to change them? Why be so childish?

So? What's new on BP?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Oh, Alex. "terrorize"? Really?

Look, I'm not as outraged as some people are, and I'm not demanding that you delete my account. You're running a business and it's been helpful for me. But, it would be great if you'd not use that kind of language. I'm a military veteran, married to an active duty soldier and believe me, there's not one iota of terrorizing going on here. Bullied, maybe. Terrorized? Don't make me laugh.

The people you just either banned or caused to leave are the reason I'm here and the reason many people are here...I get NOTHING from newbies eating pizza in their bathrooms so their spouses don't know they're 'cheating'. But when LL slapped me upside my virtual head when I asked about wine at 6 weeks post-op? THAT helped. AND, it made me think 'hey, my team was wrong about BP, there are some nuggets of wisdom to be gleaned there'...I hate that they were right, and I'm going to have to admit it at my real-life support group meeting next week.

The snowflakes have had their fun, and when they all leave because they've hit goal or stopped losing because of their crappy habits, it's going to be sad and lonely around here...you may have 310,273 accounts (which we now understand to mean 'anyone who ever signed up, ever'), but you probably have about 50 active posters and about 100 more who drop in from time to time, in the sleeve forums. That's not a robust readership, by any means. I'm sad to see this, and although I may stick around for a while, it's only because of 2 or 3 people who I think need support...there's no support left here for me. And I'm going to buy my Vitamins, Proteins and Moon cheese elsewhere...I never get free shipping anyway.