Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BariatricPal Policy Reminders – Everyone Please Read!

I didn't know the PM's were visible, though I should have thought so. I hope those do stay deleted. Some were very personal (hence they were "private") and some downright salacious. I have one out to Dub, and I'll delete that tomorrow and stick to using PM to see if someone wants to exchange email addresses to carry on private conversations.

I'm appalled messages were read. Violation of privacy!!! Deleting them probably doesn't remove them completely. I want off this site and will seek legal help to have my profile removed.

hold the phone --

In post #23, I referred to Alex's saying he'd read nauseating private messages between members who he says were plotting against other members. Is it my imagination or is the post in which he acknowledged reading PMs now gone, deleted?

It is post #10 and creepy!!

But the blockbuster is your admission (long suspected by me) that you read BP members' private messages. IMO reading members' private messages is a significant ethical violation by any message board operator. Those who choose to remain here need to understand that clearly.

This. Right. Here.

This is very important. That is NOT okay and should NOT be normalized.

hold the phone --

In post #23, I referred to Alex's saying he'd read nauseating private messages between members who he says were plotting against other members. Is it my imagination or is the post in which he acknowledged reading PMs now gone, deleted?

It is post #10 and creepy!!

It is quoted in post 20 if you want a screen shot. If I were Alex's attorney I would advised him to remove it and deny he ever posted it.

Does Trump have any cabinet position available? I think we might have a candidate.

Does Trump have any cabinet position available? I think we might have a candidate.

If not Trump, his bestie Putin!!

The irony aggiemae is that you would definitely qualify as Trumps spokesperson.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I used to enjoy coming here, being helped and helping others, as well as having few laughs.

For the past few months there has been drama, after drama, after drama.

People threatening others, name calling, being super nasty, stirring trouble, trolling etc ....

And now this!

So many great people have left. I guess if most if not all experienced and successful post WLS members leave, then the enablers will rule, leaks may happen and other emergencies.

I also come from medical background, and I am truly tired and sick of this nonsense.

I don't need it.

I too was accused of bullying, just because I did not know a particular junk food name, because I live in another country.

Enough is enough!

I have to wonder if those medical and bariatric professionals that have concerns know their patients are eating pork chops, tacos, steak, chicken, snrimp, bacon within the first 2 weeks out of surgery. I wonder if they know their patients are asking can I have this or that or when can I have this or that. I wonder if they know there are posters who tell them yes, it is ok, you will be fine or You didn't get surgery just to not enjoy the foods you like or I can tell my body is healed so I can eat what I want.

Those of us who have concerns for their health and that they have a plan from their doctor to follow and that this is a lifestyle change are tired of being told our tone was harsh. It is up to the reader to determine tone as they interpret it.

I can't even estimate how many times I have seen the words Is it on your plan? And Check with your doctor. These are supportive responses.

I am sure those medical professionals might be grateful that strangers are actually trying to help their non compliant patients. Maybe you can provide this kind of feedback to those that had concerns. I've run out of steam.

From LipstickLady:

**I am PISSED that he implied that I was part of any backyard bullying club. Not only would I **never** do that, but I've known for a good year that he was reading PMs so if I was going to do that, it certainly wouldn't be there. I would be THRILLED if one of you posted THIS EXACT MESSAGE in that thread and say that it was from me.**

Alex, wtf? How can anyone find this place to be a 'safe space' if we're subject to outright lies being told about us? I'm completely bewildered by your unprecedented breach of normal website behavior...since when do site owners a) read private messages and then B) comment on the content of said PMs publicly?

I think you've painted yourself into a corner here. What I don't understand is WHY you've done it.

I think the level of vitriol in this thread speaks for itself.

If you're upset and want to leave the site, then move along so the remaining members can do the same.

Edited by White Sale

I think the level of vitriol in this thread speaks for itself.

If you're upset and want to leave the site, then move along so the remaining members can do the same.

I would if I were allowed to leave!!!! I'm more than happy to move along if my account is deleted!!!

@whitesale you've been here what 3 days move along off this thread you don't even understand why people are upset your so new.

@whitesale you've been here what 3 days move along off this thread you don't even understand why people are upset your so new.

I'm sure she's been on before Dec...Just a new profile of one of the members who start this BS.