Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost giving up! HELP!

Ok sooo, it's been a while since I've posted on here, probably close to a year!! , but lately I've been struggling badly with my Surgery to the point where i think I'm coming into depression. I was fantastic about 3 months before my 1 year anniversary, no complications lively always happy smiling from ear to ear just an all around happy person. Until i was about 9-91/2 months out, now I'm groupy grouchy miserable stressed angry rarely laugh or smile..because im not able to keep anything down throwing up DAILY bones and body weakening swelling in my feet then it traveled throughout my whole body now..immense body pain on a daily, in and out of the hospitals frequent doctors appointments than usual..just to tell me NOTHING lots and lots of testing!! I'm SICK OF IT????..i never regretted anything in my life..but i think im about this close of regretting this whole thing, i was MUCH healthier when i was 435 than i am at 195. Soo with that being said, has anyone else gone through this?? Or is going through it and want to give some pointers advice or references SOMETHINGGGG..i need help in the worst way!!

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

See now we can use the advice from the ppl that are a year or two out of surgery.... like @@LittleBill or @insidematchesout I think that's her name there's a few others. I hope they can help I personally feel it may not have anything to do with the surgery and I'm sure they will question your diet. But I as say to everyone I hope things get better for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

I'm sorry you are going through this and feeling beyond awful!

Because I want to understand things better, what is the lab work saying about Vitamin levels? Specifically B12, Iron, Calcium, magnesium and Vitamin D. Are they within normal range?

What are you eating? I imagine it is probably the same good stuff you were before the problems started but it helps me get a better picture.

Does your doctor require you to take some sort of daily acid reducer like prevacid?

Hoping things get better soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Pazza

See now we can use the advice from the ppl that are a year or two out of surgery.... like @@LittleBill or @insidematchesout I think that's her name there's a few others. I hope they can help I personally feel it may not have anything to do with the surgery and I'm sure they will question your diet. But I as say to everyone I hope things get better for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

Thank you!

Because I want to understand things better, what is the lab work saying about Vitamin levels? Specifically B12, Iron, Calcium, magnesium and Vitamin D. Are they within normal range?

What are you eating? I imagine it is probably the same good stuff you were before the problems started but it helps me get a better picture.

Does your doctor require you to take some sort of daily acid reducer like prevacid?

Everything is low!!..when i say EVERYTHING i mean everything..Iron, Electrolytes white and red blood count potassium protien and the last I've went to the hospital (ER)..they said I'm malnutrition..oh and i have an Ulcer☺ to top it off, i dont eat much im a finicky eater and the little that i do eat..i keep down 20% of it and i take Vitamins..b12 and D 2..omeprazole or ranitidine my Doctor keep switching back and forth Carafate (for the Ucler) Calcium Multiple Vitamins Biotin.

Because I want to understand things better, what is the lab work saying about Vitamin levels? Specifically B12, Iron, Calcium, magnesium and Vitamin d. Are they within normal range?

Everything is low!!..when i say EVERYTHING i mean everything..Iron, Electrolytes white and red blood count potassium protien and the last I've went to the hospital (ER)..they said I'm malnutrition..oh and i have an Ulcer☺ to top it off, i dont eat much im a finicky eater and the little that i do eat..i keep down 20% of it and i take Vitamins..b12 and D 2..omeprazole or ranitidine my Doctor keep switching back and forth Carafate (for the Ucler) Calcium Multiple Vitamins Biotin.

This is definitely why you are miserable. Does your doctor have you on a plan? Do you take your vitamins? Do you do b12 shots? If you are having trouble taking vitamins try the Patches. So sorry you are so miserable.

I am getting over an ulcer found 2 months post op RNY. I have to crush my meds (omeprazole twice daily) and carafate 4 times daily. It's a lot but it has helped tremendously. Recheck in 2 weeks for the ulcer.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Agree with @Er1n. She gave some great advice.

The Vitamin levels and ulcers are likely the problem! Vitamin deficiencies are scary.

Have you been able to meet with your PCP or bariatric surgeon about it and how to get it taken care of?

What are they doing?

Which doc is treating/managing things? For the rest of my comments I'm assuming it is your PCP.

Just a quick word about your primary care physician, PCP, do you feel he/she understands the differences for a post by pass patient? Will they contact your bariatric surgeon/team to work together?

If they don't, try and find one that does! I know insurance can be a nightmare but don't waste your health!

I have a spinal cord injury and have become very picky about my PCP. Because of how it affects my life, I have to have someone who understands how I'm different. Same with rny.

If there is something that my pcp isn't sure about, she contacts some neurologist friends and has had many other bariatric patients and she knows what to watch for. Contacts the surgeons team if there is something with her patients too. Find one worth paying.

They can do I.V. infusions for Vitamins. The Patches and B12 shots Er1n mentioned can be good too.

My step mom had rny years ago and is having problems with ulcers now. Egg drop Soup helps her. You could add the unflavored powder to it.

Keep us updated. Positive vibes and prayers your way.

No he doesn't have me on any plan..it seems as if im being brushed under the rug..because im having so much trouble..when i was well and had no complications he was all for it very active in my progress..now its not really any interactions when i see him and no i have rhe chewable B12s..i see alot about the Patches i might try them out..or see if my insurance can cover it..because they seem to be a little expensive.

Agree with @Er1n. She gave some great advice.

The Vitamin levels and ulcers are likely the problem! Vitamin deficiencies are scary.

Have you been able to meet with your PCP or bariatric surgeon about it and how to get it taken care of?

What are they doing?

Which doc is treating/managing things? For the rest of my comments I'm assuming it is your PCP.

Just a quick word about your primary care physician, PCP, do you feel he/she understands the differences for a post by pass patient? Will they contact your bariatric surgeon/team to work together?

If they don't, try and find one that does! I know insurance can be a nightmare but don't waste your health!

I have a spinal cord injury and have become very picky about my PCP. Because of how it affects my life, I have to have someone who understands how I'm different. Same with rny.

If there is something that my pcp isn't sure about, she contacts some neurologist friends and has had many other bariatric patients and she knows what to watch for. Contacts the surgeons team if there is something with her patients too. Find one worth paying.

They can do I.V. infusions for Vitamins. The Patches and B12 shots Er1n mentioned can be good too.

My step mom had rny years ago and is having problems with ulcers now. Egg drop Soup helps her. You could add the unflavored powder to it.

Keep us updated. Positive vibes and prayers your way.

See thats the thing i dont have a PCP yet..i HAD one..or 3..they all keep dropping like flies not me particularly just leaving or retirement..but i just scheduled to visit my.new PCP and maybe this will give me the answers i need

I've been thinking about you. How are you feeling? Any closer to finding a good pcp?

Fiqah87 I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through. I have a friend that went through the same thing you are talking about. She got depressed from being sick all the time and just gave up. Now she is only about 50 away from where she started and she is really depressed. But also, come to find out, she quit taking her recommended medicine and Vitamins and she also started back with bad eating habits. Now she is at the realization that she got too comfortable and started eating the way she used to eat because she had lost so much weight and then due to the rapid weight gain, she started staying then she was so sick that she couldn't eat. I pray things get better for you. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App