Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you for posting this. I've been feeling very down and emotional for a few days after noticing a 3lbs gain. Tonight I seriously told my husband "this isn't going to work, why did I do something so drastic just to be the only one who gains weight after". I've researched 3 wk stalls, but I didn't think gaining counts as a stall. I counted it as a complete failure. So thank you for expressing yourself b/c you made me realize I'm not alone and the responses of others have encouraged me to stay positive.

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

I appreciate you saying so. To be frank, I was feeling a little embarrassed about my original post, but I'm so glad you found solace in it. We will get through this.

I wish I could make you feel better.

Hang in there. I had my surgery Sept 13th and what helped me was having someone to vent to. We have to vent our feelings even the frustrating ones. It's why we have these forums. No judging just support. I have had a stall or two where I lost nothing in 3 weeks and yes I weigh myself everyday and sometimes twice a day. I was consumed with weight loss.

I gain weight everywhere so my face may look good but take my clothes off and well let's just say-well let's not say.

Some days I'm positive and some days I want to cry because I want to eat something and eat it all.

Your body is used to eating all the time and doing what it wants. Now we have said no-like a child being told no and we want to fight it.

Stay strong,stay motivated and don't beat yourself up. You are amazing and you will lose the weight.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

In that moment, I definitely had to vent. It's really cool to get such positive feedback. I'm new in my town, so my local support system is nearly non-existent. Hoping BP will be a good place to come as an alternative.
Stay strong...do what your doctor tells you and you will be successful. And don't expect things to always be by the scale numbers... muscle weighs more than fat. Water retention can make a huge difference and us guys don't have nearly the problems with it...but I still see them. Take care, be happy.

Sent from Larry's S7

Don't worry! I stalled in week 3 .. It's the dreaded three week stall.. Everyone goes through it.. Consider it a right of passage.. And week 5 I gained 2 lbs! It's just your internal thermostat regulator adjusting your body is freaking out! Now, with that being said.. I freaked out too.. Just try and relax.. Do what your supposed to do and it will come off!! I'm 5 months out and including pre-op I'm down 72 lbs.. You'll get there!! . Also, look up the Instagram community for support too.. I use it and I love it

Edited by mzzmisty

You will hv a better outcome after surgery when simple pleasures will not be available for you

This is the first of many stalls you are going to go through. Alot of times when you are "stalling" you will notice inches lost. The stalling part sucks but, you will continue to lose. You also have a lower BMI so, your weightloss might be slower.... keep that in mind if you notice other people losing fast then you. You will lose though!!????

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

I also had a stall for over a week at about 2 week mark. The scale was not tipping one way or the other. It is super frustrating but this morning - bam - it tipped 3lbs down.

I spoke to my nutritionist who reminded me that my body needed time to catch up to the weight I lost. In the meantime, I also got my period and sorry for the TMI but went #2. I'm not having a regular bowel movement and I feel that now that I am pureed food, I should be going more. I'm only going once a week.

Do you find that your body is loosing inches and not weight?

Patience.

All you need do is type in the word "stall" on here and you will see

what we have all gone through. OK, maybe there are a tiny handful

of those that did not stall as most of us have, but trust me, it gets

SO much better!

Give your body time to figure out what's going on, it's still reeling and

trying not to let go of anything, it's also still swollen and trying to heal!

I was there, exactly where you are now, I cried and cried and when I was

done crying, I read and read and spoke to

many on here. Many here helped me through and the stall and subsequent

stalls were so much easier to deal with.

I am now 7 months out and down by 110 and extremely grateful, not

only for the surgery, but for those on here that give great advice and

are here to support and help us through each and every step.

Patience. Strength. Perseverance!

Edited by WhtWdUGive620

I totally get what you are saying. My mantra is that without the surgery I would be gaining. Not stalling ----gaining. I just keep telling myself that I am doing all I can. I eat the Protein, drink the Water, and walk my miles. What else can I do? I can't do anything more drastic than I have done. I have to believe that it will come off. Apparently my body has it's own agenda and I am just along for the ride. Hang in there. We all seem to go through this. And I am glad you started this thread. Makes me feel better to read that others have gone through.

This seems to be touchy subject but I understand the frustration. I'm there. As in..."the stall" and it frustrates me. Logically I know the facts but some days I'm ok and other days I'm like, "c.mon..lWTF?!" I see others with same or later surgery date losing A lot more and I question everything I'm doing. But...I put on jeans Saturday that used to be hard to pull up. They had give in the waist. I spent the entire weekend sightseeing for a little mini vacation and I walked more that I could have a month ago. I feel better. I do. The scale haunts (taunts) because of the past struggles but I'm staying the course. Like the other poster said...NSV (non scale victories... a term I hadn't hear before) but true. They ARE there. The scale will catch up later. But it's a mental game. I get it. If I cam do nothing else...just know I understand. Love to all!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I mean this in the nicest possible way ...

what are your options? Come on!

You did something good for yourself.

Nothing good ever really comes easy does it? Ok

So a stall... even you know it's a stall. Follow the plan, look to the future.

I am only 3 days post op and I am still sore. I have a whole new life style and frankly it's a little scary.

Put your big girl panties on (no puns intended) and just wait for the good to happen. You know it will.

I think my solution was do not buy a scale, I am not concerned about number at this point, I am more concerned of eating right, Protein and staying hydrated. I got to the gym 3-6 times a week and I do an hour a day, they also have a scale so I set myself a goal and I said every 3rd of the month I will weigh myself. I understand the frustration, but do not give there. Keep going, I hit a few stalls. However it is not stopping me. Best suggestion is do not buy a scale. It becomes an obsession.

Stalls are normal, happen to most of us but the way we react to them depends with everything else that is going on in life. Your hormones are on a crusade to screw your head up. I know I had a dreadful few weeks and put everyone in the family through hell. How you feel now wont be the same as say, when you stall at 10 months. You have just had a massive operation so be kind to yourself, rant and rave and have a good old shout at the scales, then put them away for a month and for company, put the measuring tape with it.

Keep on track, stick to your goals. Try on some clothes and pick something which is snug and hang it on show in your bedroom, look at it every night and know that you will be wearing it soon. Four weeks later try it on. You'd be surprised. Four weeks is a long time, especially as initially we are all focused on the weight coming off but if you can manage it, it will be amazing!

I wish you the very best.

Kate

I want to scream. Absolutely devastated.

I weigh myself every Saturday.

12/31/16 - 241.6

1/7/17 - 238.6

1/14/17 - 238.6

I've lost two pounds in two weeks. I have walked nearly every day. I have tracked my goddamn calories, macros, and Water.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE RULE OF CALORIES IN CALORIES OUT? THIS IS F*CK*NG B*LLSH*T!!!!!!!!

Now I don't even have an effing stomach and I'm not losing weight.

EVEN AFTER HAVING SURGERY TO MUTILATE MY BODY I WILL ALWAYS BE A FATSO.

Who has a f*ck*ng two week stall in the 3 weeks after surgery?!?????? ME.

FML FML FML

Oh me too... But I look at the wrinkled skin on my legs and know my measurements are getting smaller. I am just 4 weeks PO and have been at a stall for one week. But I still feel my body changing. Hang in there, you can do this!!! I didn't take measurements, I should! Maybe I will today. Just be in tune with your body and listen to what it tells you. Sometimes numbers are not the way to go when your in a stall. Stay positive and keep smiling. You got this!!!

Dana

Sleeved ~ December, 19th 2016

Listen to all these supportive people!!!????????????????????????

????sonkat5355????

Ok, ok, calm down and please understand...your body is in TRAUMA right now. Your body is still healing and it can take a little while for the bloating to go down in your abdomen, your body is in shock. This will work, you will get past this. This is the worst you will feel and you are also in the emotionally most difficult stage. Your body is awash in hormones and lack of calories and then the extreme emotional change of no longer having food to soothe us. It's OK, it will be OK. The pound WILL drop off. It's OK, I'm so sorry you are going through this fear and pain right now.