Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been stalled for over 2 weeks too and I was discouraged like you. I have the Fitbit Aria scale which in addition to weight it apparently weighs body fat, yesterday I took a closer look at the graphs and noticed something very promising. Before my stall when I was losing pounds I noticed, my body fat percentage was staying the same. But in those 2.5 weeks where my weight wasn't moving, my body fat percentage did a huge dip and went down 5%! So we may not be losing pounds but we are losing body fat and inches. I'm now more focused on the body fat number and my measurements and not the pounds till I start seeing the Wright go down too. This helped me feel less discouraged. Good luck to you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Great idea! So great that I ordered a high-tech scale. Thanks!

@@sonkat5355 - thanks for understanding. It is frustrating and I am emotional. I don't think I am eating too little because I'm following my doctor's plan very closely, but who knows? These post-op plans seem to have a lot of variation between surgeons. I schedule and measure my meals and macros right now because I'm unable to sense fullness and hunger yet. You're right - I definitely need to keep an eye on my stress level.

@@White Sale I just wanted to send another supportive message. I feel your frustration and I know how real these things feel when you are in the middle of it. This surgery WILL help you and I can see you are very motivated so you will continue to do the right things so you will loose the weight. The only piece of advice I can add to all the wonderful and helpful things people have said, is make sure you are getting enough sleep. Many studies have shown this does make a difference.

This is an encouraging thread. I'm almost at one month out and I've only lost two pounds since my surgery. I'm hitting all my goals for Water and Protein. Only eating what I should. Walking. And that's it. Keep the faith, girl. Not everyone has that incredible fast loss out of the gate. We'll get there too!

Sent from my LG-H810 using the BariatricPal App

@@White Sale The week 3 stall is a well-documented event! I had one, and I started losing again and it's all worked out exactly the way my doc told me it would. I'm in a stall at 6 months...going on 4 weeks with no loss at all. It sucks. I hate it.

Now get off the floor and get back at it, dear.

I am 8 weeks out now. At my 10 day follow up, I'd lost 22 lbs. Then shortly after that, I stalled for 20 days. I was doing everything right so I understand your frustration. However, after that 20 days, the lbs started melting away. I'm now at a 38 lb. loss, but have again been stalled for almost two weeks. I think this is just the way it works. And even though I've been stalled for 2 weeks, my clothes feel looser and people keep telling me I look like I've lost more weight. Sometimes, even when we don't see the scale move, change is happening. Try to hang in there and be patient. You will see the weight come off.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by jenl8270

It's possible you gained w surgery...I gained 8 pounds in the hospital and was starting from there. So the first week I lost 8 but it looked at the dr as though I stayed the same

Did you take a before picture? I took a before pic and a pic at 2 weeks po and I see a huge difference in my face and stomach! Muscle usually weighs 2 to 3 pounds where fat weighs 1 pound. Keep that in mind too since you are walking more. I hope this helps. Don't get discouraged. You have a smaller stomach that will only allow you to fit a small bit in it. Eventually that will catch up with your body. This has been a huge shock to your system. I'm in no means an expert btw since I'm only 3 weeks po right now. But like everyone else said if it's not budging now it will very soon and you will be like wow!!! My Dr told me not to worry about the weight. She even gave me her "you better not get on that scale" face! LOL

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

It is strangely comforting seeing how many people are experiencing the same thing at this exact moment. Thanks for the kind words!

Did you take a before picture? I took a before pic and a pic at 2 weeks po and I see a huge difference in my face and stomach! Muscle usually weighs 2 to 3 pounds where fat weighs 1 pound. Keep that in mind too since you are walking more. I hope this helps. Don't get discouraged. You have a smaller stomach that will only allow you to fit a small bit in it. Eventually that will catch up with your body. This has been a huge shock to your system. I'm in no means an expert btw since I'm only 3 weeks po right now. But like everyone else said if it's not budging now it will very soon and you will be like wow!!! My Dr told me not to worry about the weight. She even gave me her "you better not get on that scale" face! LOL

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

I did take a before pic, but it's on someone else's camera. I'll have to make them send it over

@@White Sale The week 3 stall is a well-documented event! I had one, and I started losing again and it's all worked out exactly the way my doc told me it would. I'm in a stall at 6 months...going on 4 weeks with no loss at all. It sucks. I hate it.

Now get off the floor and get back at it, dear.

A stuck scale really is the pits, but things could be much worse. I'm up, I'm up!

I am 8 weeks out now. At my 10 day follow up, I'd lost 22 lbs. Then shortly after that, I stalled for 20 days. I was doing everything right so I understand your frustration. However, after that 20 days, the lbs started melting away. I'm now at a 38 lb. loss, but have again been stalled for almost two weeks. I think this is just the way it works. And even though I've been stalled for 2 weeks, my clothes feel looser and people keep telling me I look like I've lost more weight. Sometimes, even when we don't see the scale move, change is happening. Try to hang in there and be patient. You will see the weight come off.

Seems like a pretty similar situation. How strange that weigh loss could come in waves like that? If anything, it will be interesting to see if my weight loss follows the same pattern.

At week 3 I ate about 800 calories a day for 20 days and lost 0 lbs! Forget calories in / calories out. For me it is more like a stare down game between me and my endocrine system to see who blinks first. Stay the course. Focus on the eating plan you were given (this will be the key to success) and be patient. It WILL happen. It takes time. I go 3 weeks with nothing then 8 lbs in less than 2 weeks over the holiday. My body does an adjustment period where I loose inches, then lbs. It is FREAKY how the body works.

Baby, it's going to be ok, I promise. Your body is going though tremendous stress right now and it most definitely affects how you feel emotionally. I am four months out from a band to sleeve conversion and about four to six weeks post op I felt like I descended into a dark pit. I wasn't prepared for that and didn't know what was going on. Looking back I realize how much stress my body, and consequently my soul and spirit, was under. I freaked out one day at work and even tried to quit my job, which is something I DEFINITELY can't do, and that sort of thing is way out of character for me. Fortunately my manager had a cool head and recognized what was going on. I was not well, and you aren't either right now, but you will be, and soon. After about two to two and a half months I turned a corner and felt like myself again. Also, I lost 10 pounds my first week but since then have only lost 16 more, so I'm going at a snail's pace. But I'm going in the right direction. Not everybody is going to drop half their body weight in a few months and that's ok. Let yourself heal and be gentle with yourself. You've been through a lot. This is major surgery and it's not easy. Get up off the bathroom floor, dry your tears, stop weighing yourself and ride it out. You are precious and you are worthy, just like you are.

I wish I could make you feel better.

Hang in there. I had my surgery Sept 13th and what helped me was having someone to vent to. We have to vent our feelings even the frustrating ones. It's why we have these forums. No judging just support. I have had a stall or two where I lost nothing in 3 weeks and yes I weigh myself everyday and sometimes twice a day. I was consumed with weight loss.

I gain weight everywhere so my face may look good but take my clothes off and well let's just say-well let's not say.

Some days I'm positive and some days I want to cry because I want to eat something and eat it all.

Your body is used to eating all the time and doing what it wants. Now we have said no-like a child being told no and we want to fight it.

Stay strong,stay motivated and don't beat yourself up. You are amazing and you will lose the weight.

Thank you for posting this. I've been feeling very down and emotional for a few days after noticing a 3lbs gain. Tonight I seriously told my husband "this isn't going to work, why did I do something so drastic just to be the only one who gains weight after". I've researched 3 wk stalls, but I didn't think gaining counts as a stall. I counted it as a complete failure. So thank you for expressing yourself b/c you made me realize I'm not alone and the responses of others have encouraged me to stay positive.

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

Thank you for posting this. I've been feeling very down and emotional for a few days after noticing a 3lbs gain. Tonight I seriously told my husband "this isn't going to work, why did I do something so drastic just to be the only one who gains weight after". I've researched 3 wk stalls, but I didn't think gaining counts as a stall. I counted it as a complete failure. So thank you for expressing yourself b/c you made me realize I'm not alone and the responses of others have encouraged me to stay positive.

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

I appreciate you saying so. To be frank, I was feeling a little embarrassed about my original post, but I'm so glad you found solace in it. We will get through this.

I wish I could make you feel better.

Hang in there. I had my surgery Sept 13th and what helped me was having someone to vent to. We have to vent our feelings even the frustrating ones. It's why we have these forums. No judging just support. I have had a stall or two where I lost nothing in 3 weeks and yes I weigh myself everyday and sometimes twice a day. I was consumed with weight loss.

I gain weight everywhere so my face may look good but take my clothes off and well let's just say-well let's not say.

Some days I'm positive and some days I want to cry because I want to eat something and eat it all.

Your body is used to eating all the time and doing what it wants. Now we have said no-like a child being told no and we want to fight it.

Stay strong,stay motivated and don't beat yourself up. You are amazing and you will lose the weight.

In that moment, I definitely had to vent. It's really cool to get such positive feedback. I'm new in my town, so my local support system is nearly non-existent. Hoping BP will be a good place to come as an alternative.