Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all!

I'm about 8 1/2 months out and down at least 180 pounds since my all time high and over 150 since surgery. Doing well for the most part. But a recent knee surgery has me sidelined. Went to Bariatric Doc today and am low on B12 and was chastised about not enough protein! So time to get on the Protein wagon big time. I restocked on essentials today and recommitting to 80 grams per day and a muscle building program. Doc says I am losing too much muscle. Anyway, here are the pics.

post-205151-14843504237701_thumb.jpg

post-205151-14843504391644_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Keep up the good job , Your doing great!

Congrats on the wt loss! Hope your knee gets better soon. How did u lose so much wt in 8 months? Im excited to hear.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi @@PhillyAj,

I know, the numbers boggle me. I really just followed my bariatric teams advice. I met my Fluid requirements daily and strived to meet my Protein goals. I was not always successful on that, which is why I've lost too much muscle and am working to turn that around now. I only eat when hungry and I walk, a lot! At least I did before my knee surgery three weeks ago. I always tried to walk at least three miles at a stretch everyday. I also biked to and from the train station to work using Chicago's bike share program, divvy. Other than that I just always try to be active, camping, canoeing, swimming, whatever. I decided when I decided to have surgery that I was done making excuses to be lazy. I just committed to get on the move and stay on the move. This surgery has derailed me but I intend to get back going ASAP. Even while hobbled I am trying to move. I do pushups and wheel a wheelchair around the mall for fun.

Update. I have been much more diligent about Protein. I am drinking two 40 gram Muscle Milks a Day in addition to whatever food I eat. Still losing! I am down to 188. Holy Freaking Mother of Mothers! I never thought I'd EVER weigh this little in my life. I think I was in my 180's last in middle school! I am feeling a bit better, knee is coming along and I have been out hiking again. I joined a health club and have begun working with weights with my son. I am SO freaking weak! My son, just turned 18, is 4 inches shorter than me, and WAY stronger. That hurts the pride a tad. But he is very cool about it and helping me out. I am going to hit it 3 days a week on weights, two days a week at Physical Therapy, and one day with a long hike. We'll see how it goes!