Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is diabolical!

Today, I was reunited with Mrs. LittleBill after a long week of separation. Actually, it was a seven day week just like any other. It just seemed longer. But anyway, I got to spend some time with four of my grandchildren, all boys and all 7 years and younger.

The initial contact for as long as I can handle it, is tag team wrestling. And there is ventriloquism involved when various stuffed animals appear. There is lots of carrying on. It wears old people like me out. So I resurrected a game from when their mother was small, called the Quiet Game. The rules are simple. Whoever stays quiet the longest wins a quarter. All four of them will sit on the couch with their lips sealed and hands folded. Someone breaks eventually, and the others follow, but it is not unusual to get as many as 15 minutes of blissful silence, and for the low low price of 25 cents. It's almost evil. But I'll take it. :D

LOL. One of my bonus daughters, when presented with the quiet game, goes about 5 seconds and then says "oh, well, I lose" and continues her almost non-stop patter. Good thing she's cute.

I'm the oldest of 9 kids with only 14 years between me and the youngest!! We played that game a lot!! Lol I thought my mom made it up!

We can definitely relate to those precious babies wearing us out!! All of them are jabber jaws. NONE STOP!!! I forgot about the QUIET GAME> LOL How could I not remember that one? My daughter when she was young would talk nonstop!! So they come by it honest!! On one of our Mother Daughter road trips, we got up real early because we were driving from Oregon to Idaho to visit her Grandma. We got up at 4am. Well, she had talked nonstop for 3 to 4 hours!! When I was a nervous wreck and I said something that I totally regretted!! I told her, Will you just shut up please!! I hurt her feelings and felt so bad!! I was so sorry. But do you know what, she has never forgotten it!! She has said it to her kids. Not one of my proudest moments but I am a nervous wreck when I travel. We are very close still but she will say remember when!!

@@shedo82773 This brings back memories! Way back in 1991 we planned a trip from PA to WV to visit my grandparents. The morning we were to leave, our younger daughter (No. 3 hadn't been born yet) got sick. We didn't want to expose my grandparents to any viruses, so Mrs. LittleBill stayed home with the sick one, while I took off with our older daughter.

Now this is an old expression some of the young'uns might not understand, but our oldest daughter is what we would say was vaccinated with a phonograph needle. She talked CONSTANTLY. You would think she had a hole in the back of her neck so she didn't have to stop to breathe.

She talked nonstop for 6 1/2 hours into a 7 hour trip. I was ready to put her in the trunk. I was tempted to drive around aimlessly after she FINALLY fell asleep.

@@LipstickLady

This brought back memories back too. We would start the game, and then our oldest would yell "TIMES!" Then she would make a few comments, try to amend the rules, and then say, "Okay, 3,2,1, Goodbye!"

I try to play the quiet game with my husband a lot.......doesn't work so good. It is usually I who quits before him.

Clearly backfires.....

Aahhh yes....the quiet game, played with my three when they were young. I found it worked better WITH the duct tape over their mouths though....

Just kidding!!! I may have contemplated it somedays, but never did ;)

Sent from my SM-G928V using the BariatricPal App

I'm the middle of 5 kids. Thought my mom made that up, too! Geez!! We mostly played it in the car, since at home we played the outdoor game...whoever could play outside the longest without coming in to complain about someone, or ask for something won. LOL

I was miserable at both! LOL

Edited by Cindi_Augustine

When I was a kid, my dad got frustrated with us on a long car ride and said "I just want five minutes of silence!" 30 seconds later my little brother piped up, "Did you hear it yet?"