Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thoughts about Halo Top High Protein Ice Cream?

http://junkbanter.com/2016/10/20/review-ranking-17-halo-top-flavors/

I haven't tried this yet, but am interested in learning more about as a "special occasion" treat versus every week treat while I'm working to lose weight. Have you tried it and what do you think?

I love it. It has better macros than most yogurts.

I have about 1/2 a serving size 35 grams weighed on the scale, with my Protein brownies.

I tried the vanilla (pre-surgery) and wasn't wowed, but it was one of the lower "rankings" on that site, so maybe another flavor would be better. It wasn't creamy like ice cream.

The Mint chocolate Chip is pretty good. You are supposed to let it sit out for 10 minutes or so, otherwise it can taste icy.

I love the strawberry. That and sugar free popsicles are a life saver for me.

I tried chocolate mint it's OK it just tasted a little gritty to me. The chocolate was a bit smoother but they're good????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

I tried the vanilla (pre-surgery) and wasn't wowed, but it was one of the lower "rankings" on that site, so maybe another flavor would be better. It wasn't creamy like ice cream.

I like the strawberry and the lemon.

The thing is, if you go like 6 months on Protein shakes and dense Protein. They will taste pretty delicious.

They don't taste like regular ice cream and that is fine, they are not regular ice cream. I like that they don't taste like regular ice cream, it is a reminder and keeps me mindful of my eating.

Like I said I usually just have 1/2 a serving, just a little taste is enough.

I have tried it. For whatever reason, ice cream of any kind feels like I have a block of cement in my stomach. I have even tried lactose free.

i have finally decided it is the cold that my pouch simply cannot handle.

The boyfriend likes it but I think it tastes chalky and gritty. I'd much rather do regular ice cream in the 100 calorie sizes. Klondike bars makes 100 calorie versions and that works better for me.

Your thoughts on the nutrition facts?

halotopnutritionfacts_orig.png

Where can you buy it? I'm in NC and haven't found it in any grocery store near me.

Birthday Cake Halo Top is the business. I mean come on, it has sprinkles in it. [emoji512][emoji510]

@@jenn1

These are the nutrition facts from the site.

nutr-lemon%404x.png

If you subtract the Fiber and the sugar alcohol, it has 4 net carbs and 6 grams of Protein. I have it with http://www.eatmeguiltfree.com/collections/brownies/products/blondie-brownie

If you compare it to regular ice cream, well there is no comparison as far as carbs and sugars go.

I had this off and on since 6 months and I still managed to lose like 100lbs pounds having a little once or twice a week.

I haven't had any in a while, because it is freezing, but as long as ice cream isn't a trigger for someone I don't see an issue.

Also how fresh the halo top is, seems to have an effect on the taste. Some cartons taste better than others, you want to buy it some place with a high churn rate.

@@Kaylamh Whole Foods has it, all the other places that have it around here are local places that you wouldn't have.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside