Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those who are Post-op

I brought a heating pad for my back.it made my recovery a lot easier.

I brought only a change of clothes. The hospital had everything I needed!

I brought my phone charger, gas x and a spare pair of undies. Glad I listened everyone who said you won't need much. I spent 2 nights.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I didn't need much, I was really out of it and the hospital gives you mostly everything. I did bring an abdominal binder which was lifesaving to me cuz my abdomen was very sore

Chap stick. I couldn't have any Water until the next day for the leak test.

Sent from my KFTBWI using the BariatricPal App

I brought my tablet to read - never opened it. Brought my CPAP per doctor's recommendation and never used it since we had to get up every two hours to walk. I used my phone to text a few people but was too exhausted for anything. And I did bring some chapstick which was handy.

Bring toiletries , loose cotton Jogging suit from Walmart to wear home, one loose PJ sett, nikey slides or tennis shoes, pair of socks , wear regular clothing to hospital, & laptop , Bluetooth headset & phone

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I wore comfy clothes there and wore the same ones home. I used my phone, charger, toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush and face wash. I stayed 2 nights, wore 2 hospital gowns (one going the other way so my butt didn't hang out when I walked) and the nurses put those gripper socks on my feet. My mouth was very dry, I brought chapstick but the nurses gave me one to use so I didn't get mine out of my bag.

I brought a heating pad but didn't need it, I was on morphine and feeling no pain.

I would not bring PJ's, I didn't have any desire to change clothes plus who cares what you look like. I don't see why you would need a pillow and blanket, the hospital has those (plus I don't want germs on my stuff, eww)

You will sleep, pee and walk. That's about it. I got up and walked as much as they would let me. I had no gas pains. The gas isn't in your stomach, it is in your abdominal cavity because they blow you up with it when they do the surgery. The best way to get rid of it is walking.

I kept the tv on for the noise but was in and out of sleep when I wasn't walking. I was comfy in my adjustable hospital bed.

I brought too much stuff, didn't use most of it.

Things i brought and used each one ... toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, scruchy hair tie, face wash n moisturizer. GASX, EARPLUGS, headphones, phone charger, chapstick, few cough drops, a packet of favorite tea, a change of sox n undies for return home. Baby wipes and body lotion. Like last person said, all u do is sleep, pee, walk. I too rocked d hosp pjs comando in comfort. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App