Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any maintenance 10 to 20 pound weight loss mentors?

Here I am 2017.

I'm putting my foot in my mouth. I posted a while back that I don't feel like a bariatric patient. That feeling is GONE!

I'm looking for others in maintenance that would like to drop some weight. For me, maintenance weight loss is very slow. Take's me serious work. I'm looking for support and accountability.

I'm reevaluating where I'm at. I weight lifted and bulked up over the winter. I'm up to 141. I'm back on my bariatric low carb basics again. Detoxing off carbs now.

I heard of a few people doing the "Pouch Reset". You basically go on the post-op diet that you did right after surgery, but instead of 5 weeks of that diet, it's 5 days. You could probably lose about 3-4 pounds while doing it. (I'm not 100% sure about this, but I've heard some success stories with this plan.)

Day 1: Clear Liquids.< br />Day 2: Full liquids.< br />Day 3: pureed foods.
Day 4: Soft foods.
Day 5: Regular food (low carb).

@Hiraeth OMG - you live in Alabama and your surgeon's name is really Les Miles?? Is that true? Do you get the irony there?

LOL! Yes, I do! :lol: When I first heard about him, I was like, "Wait a minute... :blink: "

Oh, and Roll Tide! ;-)

@Hiraeth OMG - you live in Alabama and your surgeon's name is really Les Miles?? Is that true? Do you get the irony there?

LOL! Yes, I do! :lol: When I first heard about him, I was like, "Wait a minute... :blink: "

Oh, and Roll Tide! ;-)

That is seriously funny. I wondered where good 'ol Les Miles would end up after being dismissed from LSU, but I'll be honest, I didn't think it would be as a bariatric surgeon!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can only imagine the amount of crap that guy gets in Alabama!

Oh, and Roll Tide! ;-)

And I still have abandonment issues over your coach leaving us high and dry. That and boot stomping us the two times we've played him since his departure. Grrrrr......

@@jenn1

LOL. This is what I just posted in the "What do I do when I hit maintenance" thread. Timely.

Well, and just to give you an idea how fast things can go south:

I was towing the line really well around Christmas. Like staying the same weight within literally a half pound. I was so proud of myself!

Then winter hit here in Boise.

We got more snow in the last couple of weeks than we've gotten in literally 2 winters. @jenn1 can vouch. We were trapped in our neighborhoods, people couldn't get to work, school was closed for 6 days, and we were shoveling snow every couple of hours for a week straight. I was having to forgo the gym to take my son to work because his sedan couldn't get out of his subdivision for a week. Every time I would get enough gumption to go to the gym, I'd decided to not go because the roads were so treacherous. I figured shoveling snow would suffice.

Between not going to the gym for almost 2 weeks, and a little comfort and frustration eating, I am up 3 pounds as of this morning. Just like that. The good news is I think there's a break in the weather, and I actually made my ass go to the gym today and I feel better :) But it will take me a month to get this off. Honestly.

Life happens, but we have to learn to adapt and roll with the punches without it totally derailing our progress. This is the hardest part of the whole thing.

@

Haha! He actually does get that a lot. When I was leaving his office, one of his new patients said something about it. He laughed and said he gets that weekly, lol.

Awww, I'm sorry! Yeah, I remember LSU people being upset about that. >_<

Here I am 2017.

I'm putting my foot in my mouth. I posted a while back that I don't feel like a bariatric patient. That feeling is GONE!

I'm looking for others in maintenance that would like to drop some weight. For me, maintenance weight loss is very slow. Take's me serious work. I'm looking for support and accountability.

I'm reevaluating where I'm at. I weight lifted and bulked up over the winter. I'm up to 141. I'm back on my bariatric low carb basics again. Detoxing off carbs now.

Going back to high Protein, low carb has worked for me. After the holidays I was up about 5 lbs. By increasing my Protein, lowering my carbs to approx. 40g a day and increasing my fluids (never a problem for me, but i'm drinking even more than usual), I've lost 3 lbs since Christmas. I know it's unlikely to keep coming off at that rate, but I find high protein low carb works for me and makes me feel my best also.

I'm in for both support and accountability!

Edited by stacyrg2

I heard of a few people doing the "Pouch Reset". You basically go on the post-op diet that you did right after surgery, but instead of 5 weeks of that diet, it's 5 days. You could probably lose about 3-4 pounds while doing it. (I'm not 100% sure about this, but I've heard some success stories with this plan.)

Day 1: Clear liquids.

Day 2: Full liquids.

Day 3: pureed foods.

Day 4: Soft foods.

Day 5: Regular food (low carb).

In my opinion, this is a bad idea for someone who has been in maintenance for a while. Liquids won't do anything for you. To carb detox rapidly, I try to eat all Protein . . . specifically all meat or all meat/dairy. After the first few days, the carb cravings are gone and I can reintroduce healthy carbs (veggies, etc.) into my diet.

@@Freeb

Six years! you're my hero.

@@jenn1

LOL. This is what I just posted in the "What do I do when I hit maintenance" thread. Timely.

Well, and just to give you an idea how fast things can go south:

I was towing the line really well around Christmas. Like staying the same weight within literally a half pound. I was so proud of myself!

Then winter hit here in Boise.

We got more snow in the last couple of weeks than we've gotten in literally 2 winters. @jenn1 can vouch. We were trapped in our neighborhoods, people couldn't get to work, school was closed for 6 days, and we were shoveling snow every couple of hours for a week straight. I was having to forgo the gym to take my son to work because his sedan couldn't get out of his subdivision for a week. Every time I would get enough gumption to go to the gym, I'd decided to not go because the roads were so treacherous. I figured shoveling snow would suffice.

Between not going to the gym for almost 2 weeks, and a little comfort and frustration eating, I am up 3 pounds as of this morning. Just like that. The good news is I think there's a break in the weather, and I actually made my ass go to the gym today and I feel better :) But it will take me a month to get this off. Honestly.

Life happens, but we have to learn to adapt and roll with the punches without it totally derailing our progress. This is the hardest part of the whole thing.

I'm in Canada and we have even more snow and ice than normal!! Also I deal with depression this time of year and feel hungry ALL the time!! I've regained 13 pounds since October and I hope spring gets here quickly!! I read this forum constantly to give me incentive and firm up my resolve!!

@@Babbs

Winter has been brutal. But, I'm motivated. I received my high school reunion invitation after I posted this...Now it's serious..*game on*

@@stacyrg2

Yeah! Thanks for being on board with this. I love my vets!