Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The need to eat until stuffed

@@Tufflaw thank you!! I totally forgot about tuna fish! During the soft food stage I ate SO much of it I even put it in deviled eggs! Which I forgot about too!! Thank you. I'm also going to try that chicken salad! Do u just eat it with some veggies or eat it with a fork?? Sounds so good!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

No problem! I just eat it with a fork and sometimes throw some shredded cheese on it. I'm still on my soft food phase and can't eat veggies yet so this is all I can do. Good luck!

@@erica_ozzy73 I'm starting to think a lot of it is all about self control. I can eat 4oz of a Protein filled meal and be stuffed then an hour later I catch myself wanting to eat more. I use to do that a lot before surgery I would eat and eat and eat and not feel completely full satisfied. I'm starting to get the same feeling. Not satisfied after an hour. Just make sure you get Protein in and drink lots of Water. It was a struggle today to stop thinking about food and wanting more. I think we all struggle with that esp after surgery. Foods an addiction and knowing you have a lunch or food you left over from not being able to eat it all has a lot to do with it, atleast for me. I've found that out today.

It's almost ALL about self-control at where you and I are post-operatively! You're not meeting your protein goals, which is devastating to weight loss and feeling satiated by your food. I've not done the best job during the holidays, and I'm in a 3 week long stall right now. I know it's because I'm not keeping my carbs down and my protein up, and I'm not tracking every bite I put into my mouth. You should be losing more/more consistently than you are, maybe a re-start with Protein shakes and then advancing yourself through the different stages to reset your diet would be helpful. And you don't mention using any Protein powder...I still have to use it to get my protein grams high enough. On a normal day, I use GENEPRO unflavored in my morning coffee, so I start off with 20-30 grams of protein in a 12 ounce mug of coffee, with Monkfruit sweetener and cream. Some days I have a container of plain yogurt with a little low-carb granola mid-morning, or cottage cheese with a tablespoon of pureed fruit stirred in. lunch, I eat a cheese stick and a couple of slices of deli turkey. I have a handful of almonds or half an apple with Peanut Butter for an afternoon snack, then 3-4 ounces of my family's dinner protein and around 1/4 cup of vegetables. And I almost always have a sugar-free popsicle before dinner.

That typical day gets me about 850 cals, 95 grams protein and 50 grams of carbs, with only 21 of them being sugars. I lose when I'm eating like that...80 lbs since the end of June. You've got the tool in place, you just need to commit to using it correctly, find ways to distract yourself when you're hungry (exercise, clean house, work, garden...whatever works) and get back on track. There's literally no reason for you to NOT be successful! Go get it, you CAN do this!!

I didn't realize until today that i eat past satisfied more often than i like. Part of it is that i can't seem to stop. Pre op i was used to eating until I'm stuffed. So stopping when "satisfied" is still difficult. Not only mentally but its hard to judge sometimes. My stomach does so many things. And i usually don't know its too much until i take that last bite. Then I'm miserable for the next 20 to 30 minutes. And sometimes it's hard to leave food on my plate. I just want to keep going even tho i know its not going to end well and that's scary and dangerous. I didn't realize this about myself until now and its just one more thing to overcome in my journey to a healthier thinner me. Just going to have to take the good with the bad.

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

@@erica_ozzy73 I'm starting to think a lot of it is all about self control. I can eat 4oz of a Protein filled meal and be stuffed then an hour later I catch myself wanting to eat more. I use to do that a lot before surgery I would eat and eat and eat and not feel completely full satisfied. I'm starting to get the same feeling. Not satisfied after an hour. Just make sure you get Protein in and drink lots of Water. It was a struggle today to stop thinking about food and wanting more. I think we all struggle with that esp after surgery. Foods an addiction and knowing you have a lunch or food you left over from not being able to eat it all has a lot to do with it, atleast for me. I've found that out today.

Very true.... I'll just stick to small portions know that it os all I need...

Its a big mind game

I notice you don't say anything about drinking Water. Next time you want to reach for a snack, take a drink of water instead. If you don't like plain water, add some Crystal Light. I like the Crystal Light Pure that has Truvia (stevia). It's not overly sweet and there are good flavors available. Sometimes I will mix a scoop of GENEPRO Protein Powder in a bottle of water with the Crystal Light. It's a good way to get in 30 grams of Protein, 16+ oz of water and avoid eating something you really don't need. My nutritionist and doctor both stress drinking at least 64 oz of liquid every day (water, tea, milk, Soup, etc.).

I am not here to judge anyone however I live about 2 1/2 hours from anywhere and will also have no support system. I was planning on this site and two other sites as support. If this is how you treat someone who has a question about diet who comes in a moment of stress I better consider support from somewhere else. I would be in tears.

I am an RN and feel you guys attacked this person.

It's very hard doing this miles from anywhere. I am having trouble getting all I need from my doctors office as I am educated and need answers at a clinical level. I know they all are dreading meeting me pre op. However I have to be prepared.

I have tried products from BariatricPal and another site so I know what I like and don't.

But let's be kind we are all at different stages in the process. We are all at different knowledge levels. We all need support.

@@Keri1019 very well said. I use to be a medical assistant so I definitely know the right way to talk to someone whose concerned and not. I might of attacked back but only due to being attacked first. Some people are just ignorant and only feel their ways or they are better than some. We are all the same!

But on another note! Being so far away and not having much support is very stressful and difficult! I wish the best for you.

You do seem to be eating a lot of carbs. Those low/no nutrition Snacks can trigger head hunger leading you to want the next meal. It's a vicious cycle.

Don't make a big thing of it. Take a step (or two) back to eating the combination of carbs and Protein you where eating when you were steadily loseing weight for a week. Then try for another week.

I go to OA and find it helpful.

maybe you are stretching it. you said you feel the need to eat until stuffed. well, that could potentially be a problem. also i think you should avoid carbs more. less than 50g should be your goal! i think you should start by making sure you're tracking EVERYTHING. you say you are- but like realllly track EVERYTHING. and then make sure youre hitting your Protein goal and under your carb goals for the day. losing 2lb in 3 months... yeah somethings really off & makes no sense. that's also messed up about your dietician and surgeon lacking support/communication with you. smh :/

Your advice is excellent but you can't stretch a gastric sleeve.

Thanks . I have researched it to death. I have tried many products I need some unflavored Protein. I need one no odor no taste that mixes well in hot and cold.

@@LipstickLady calls out another defensive noob and gets banned. Gotta love it.

After almost 4 years on this forum, this is how she's treated. A ban with no warning or note from @@Alex Brecher or anything.

This forum has been going downhill for a while now since it became about the all mighty dollar for Alex. Such a shame.

I have noticed that a group of (_____ ______) have banded together and turned into a giant drama blizzard. They are know to be stalkers and they often jump all over anyone who offends their delicate constitution. I have a serious drama queen aversion so I block them for my own wellbeing but I do see their names in as "likes" just about every time certain members dare to post OBVIOUS TRUTHS. Followed by lost of ignorance, accusations and name calling in response to what anyone with an ounce of snse would see as GOOD ADVICE.

Wish I could block

@@nnagle323

If I eat 4 ounces of steak or a pork chop I am full for a while and I can't eat anything else even if I want to. My suggestion is to eat DENSE Protein, really dense. Like Steak.

I eat every 2 hours sometimes 3, so I can meet my Protein goals of 100-120 grams of protein a day. I don't think eat every 2 or 3 hours is out of the ordinary.

I have lots of days sometimes it goes in phases of weeks where I am really hungry. I think it has to do with hormonal and metabolic changes but I really don't know for sure. I know a lot of other sleevers go through the same thing.

@@OutsideMatchInside I decided to find good Protein and carbs thru a boook that my dr gave me. I found out pot roast was actually good for you (I honestly had no idea been eating chicken and turkey) so I cooked a pot roast in some Water in the crock pot. I measured out 4 oz. I had about a quarter of it left that I fed to my dogs and I made mashed cauliflower that I had maybe 3 bites of. I am so stuffed I feel like I am going to puke (I have never puked since I've had the surgery) I definitely think you are right!! chicken and ground turkey has not been keeping me full for long but when I do eat steak I'm full for hours! I think the same is going to happen with the pot roast

I am also noticing with my fitness pal I put 1,000 calories for my daily and I never hit my goal for calories!

I'm starting to think a lot of it is hormonal as well. I don't know if you know anything about birth control and being sleeved but I have the Nexplanon, it's an implant that goes in the arm. I have been bleeding for 14 days and have been none stop hungry! My OBGYN said that it usually takes about a year for you to stop bleeding heavy. Safe to say I'm going to get a second opinion. I think that has something to do with it!!

and just fyi - your monthly cycle will be wacky for a while too thanks to WLS. fat stores estrogen, burn fat and you release a ton of estrogen and welcome mood swings and sometimes lengthy or frequent periods. and also why you need backup birth control for a while - all that extra estrogen getting released can make you extra fertile.