Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The need to eat until stuffed

I don't know what has been going on with me lately. I am just not satisfied until I have stuffed myself. Today I had 1/4 cup oatmeal, 4 oz low card meatloaf after the meatloaf I was set for another 2-3 hours. Then I had a cheese stick and half an orange. Then an hour later I had some sugar free fruit Snacks 30 mins later I went and got subway (multigrain flat bread) I have only eating half of the 6 in. Any ideas on what I can do? I stopped drinking the Protein shakes they ate so gross tasting. Am I eating too much? I feel like I could be stretching my pouch out. I haven't lost more than 2lbs in 3 months. I had surgery May 26th 2016. Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm still very new at this, but having done tons and tons of reading, I would say your best bet would be trying different kinds of Protein drinks to find one you actually like because Protein is one of the most important factors in all of it! They're not all terrible too! I've been using the chocolate GNC brand ones and they're definitely good enough that I'm not miserable drinking it! Try to stay motivated, you're doing great so far!

@@nnagle323

you haven't lost more than 2lbs in 3 months. You might want to call your dietician's office to reevaluate your diet and exercise.

Check your dietician's instructions that you were sent home with. Make sure you are eating and getting the correct nutrition in. Check your Protein goals 60 to 100grams. check how many carbohydrates you are allowed on your plan. Carbs can trigger hunger and cravings. Carbohydrates will slow and can stop your weight loss. Extra carbohydrates will cause weight gain.

In food stage, there is no need to get Protein by drinking shakes. Fish, chicken, turkey cheese yogurt eggs..etc...Only supplement with a shake if you're not hitting your protein goal for the day.

Are you tracking your food and hitting your protein goals?

Here is a link to my fitness pal to help you track. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mobile/android

4 oz Ruftys low car meat loaf = 243 calories

string cheese = 80 calories

Steal cut oatmeal = 152 calories

1/2 subway multigrain flat bread = 110 calories

fruit roll up = 80 calories

PROTEIN = 36G (you didn't hit your protein goal of 60g to 100g) Protein will help you to feel full.

CARBOHYDRATES = 73Grams. (Your getting more carbs than protein.)

Calories = 665.

hitting 800 calories is pretty normal in the first few months.

Im only 3 months out but im going to be honest i haven't made all the best choices. I Slip up a lot lately and eat unhealthy food with no nutritional value and end up feeling really guilty. That being said i already notice a BIG difference in hunger levels when i veer off my "plan". If im eating chips and Cookies and carbs i don't get full. Or at least it doesn't stay for more than 5 minutes before i can stuff my face again. That is scary. But im glad i know that NOW. Rather than finding out several months or a year from now.

Maybe reevaluate how you're eating and try to cut the carbs that you don't need and stick to more Protein? I know im still a newbie but i notice a few oz of Protein leaves me satisfied for hours. But if i add any starchy elements to my meal i am hungry again almost immediately. Do a test. Have a day or 2 where you go back to basics and eat protein dense meals. Then try a day of your current diet and record your hunger levels both times. If you're hungrier after the more carby diet than you might have an answer. Sorry this was so long. Hope i could help.

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

My dietician didn't tell me anything about how many carbs or calories nothing AFTER surgery. Before surgery I didn't have to lose anything they actually wanted me to gain 5 lbs before so It's very hard. I'm gonna start eating more Protein shakes but everything I try to eat is low in carbs and high in Protein or sugar-free. I do use my fitness pal as well

@@nnagle323

Surgery and following our plan is not easy for any of us.

"everything I try to eat is low in carbs and high in Protein or sugar-free" Not according to the day you listed above. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings...I'm saying this out of concern.

If your surgical team/dietician didn't give you instructions. Call them. It's negligent to perform surgery and not give you nutritional information/instructions you need.The goal is healthy, not malnourished.

If your surgeon's office/dieticians office do not have instructions for you...Any of us here can give you our surgeons office number to get what you need to be successful and healthy.

What I ate today wasn't that that. The only thing I ate that was bad carbs was the multigrain flat bread from subway and I ate HALF of a 6 in. I didn't eat a fruit roll up I had sugar free fruit Snacks that had nothing to them the meatloaf I MYSELF made was a low carb recipe I got from my friends mother who has the same surgery years ago. Which I only had 4oz of. I might not be hitting my Protein and I more than likely should of went to my dietician than this Bariatric"pal" app. But I have NO support anywhere. I'm trying what I can. It seems like a lot of people have a dietician they can call the office I went to is an HOUR and a HALF away from me and when I went threw my 6 month visit I seen THREE DIFFERENT dieticians. Which all gave me different things for BEFORE surgery. Not one of them talked to me about AFTER I figured coming here would be some help not calling out my flaws. Yeah I get it I don't eat enough Protein I barley eat carbs. Just because I had 3 bites of oatmeal and a HAlF a 6 in you want to call me out saying "not according to the day you listed above" when first off you didn't even list the shit I ate from my fitness pal appropriately.

My NUT was VERY serious about 3 meals a day + maybe one small snack. It sounds like you're just eating whenever -- maybe what you need to do is instead of winging it, really plan your meals. Plan when you're going to eat, and what you're going to eat. I eat at 10, 2, and 7, EVERY SINGLE DAY, and I don't actually do a snack [considering adding one in these days, though].

Planning is your best friend, honestly. Planning is EVERYTHING. Because if you plan ahead, and you plan the right things to eat [high protein] and you have a routine, you can train your body to it. If you're just winging it, you won't train yourself.

@@nnagle323

Wow! Relax and take it down a notch. I get it..You are new and this is your 3rd post on this site.

I'm not calling you out or personally attacking you. I am coming from a place of concern...You did not list your meal accurately in your original post....All I did was enter what you listed you ate for the day, It was a guestimate at best.

Bottom line, you did not get what you needed from your dietician right? You are winging it...trying to do this on your own. Negligence on their part.

I've been on this site, just forgot my password I'm 8 months out... like I posted my surgery dated was May 2016. I posted everything accurately that I've eaten. I'm sorry you didn't catch it. I understand you are concerned and thanks for that but there is a way to discuss things in a different manner ESP with someone who is here for support and help because I'm worried myself. I know it's not easy for any of us, that's why I came here...

@@nnagle323

Understand there is no way I could have known your recipe for low carb meat loaf and enter every detail correctly. It was a guestimate. My intention was not to upset you. It was to get you instructions that you did not receive. I call that support. Take what you want from the site that is helpful...Wish you the best.

moving on.

@@Torriluv87 we all slip up it's normal. I was thinking about going back to the liquid diet for a couple days. I always try to eat my meats first but I think I'm getting confused on meats that are not the best for you. I definitely need to go back to the dietician asap and not wait any longer! I've never experienced any vomiting from eating too much as well, which is a good thing but then I think. Is it really though because I could be stretching or not getting enough food in there at all. I think all of these questions I have would be good for a dietician. I think I'm going to transfer to someone closer to me and figure it all out. Thank you for your help!

My suggestion is lowered you carbs to less then 50g. That will put you in ketosis to start back losing weight. If you need to maintain than eat 50-100 g of carb. Eat only 3 meals, high lean Protein, low carb. This carb amount doesn't leave much room, so I would lay off the starches and carbs like oatmeal and breads. I hope this help.

Im only 3 months out but im going to be honest i haven't made all the best choices. I Slip up a lot lately and eat unhealthy food with no nutritional value and end up feeling really guilty. That being said i already notice a BIG difference in hunger levels when i veer off my "plan". If im eating chips and Cookies and carbs i don't get full. Or at least it doesn't stay for more than 5 minutes before i can stuff my face again. That is scary. But im glad i know that NOW. Rather than finding out several months or a year from now.

Maybe reevaluate how you're eating and try to cut the carbs that you don't need and stick to more Protein? I know im still a newbie but i notice a few oz of Protein leaves me satisfied for hours. But if i add any starchy elements to my meal i am hungry again almost immediately. Do a test. Have a day or 2 where you go back to basics and eat protein dense meals. Then try a day of your current diet and record your hunger levels both times. If you're hungrier after the more carby diet than you might have an answer. Sorry this was so long. Hope i could help.

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

Your post was very helpful to me. I started eating a few carbs as I hadn't had them for so long, but the good news is, tomorrow I can refocus myself and improve. I just love these forums for that reason...to remind me that I'm not alone in all of this.