Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else go shopping in their closets? Finding clothes you loved but couldn't fit in or things you forgot you even bought? Been finally able to fit into those items that didn't fit but you bought anyway (because it was cheap/awesome) for after "the diet" and resulting weight loss?

HW 385 SW 359 CW 305 Sleeved 10/5/16

Omg. I rearranged my whole closet just this past weekend. I have a skinny closet with all my pre-pregnancy size 6 & 8's. And then I arranged the other clothes that range from a 10-18 by size order. I plan on slowly easing my way back into my old clothes God willing they will fit me again one day!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by zizi_tops

I threw away most of it! :( Will be back to goodwill!

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

I've been on so many diets and never threw any nice clothes away. I did do goodwill etc. but I have enough clothes to get me to summer. I arranged them by size and get to open a box when the clothes I'm wearing now get too big. I have a really nice shirt that I bought last summer and never wore, because I was saving it for a special occasion... How smart was that?!? ????

Nilla

I can't wait to do it! I live in Japan so clothes shopping is impossible for me here (other than socks), so I keep everything, no matter how bad, just in case. That being said, limited closet space has meant throwing out most of the rag-like clothing in more recent years. However, the many years of shopping overseas has meant that when I find something I like, or that isn't horrible, I'll buy 2 or 3 of that item - which usually includes a smaller size for when I "lose" weight. Of course, that has never happened! But now I have about 10 small storage boxes of clothes (summer/winter, casual/work, -10 to 20 pounds, -20 to 40 pounds, etc.) that I will be able to shop from as I lose weight. This will be good for me since I literally have a closet full of clothes I have never worn! And 3 pairs of shoes too, since I get really swollen legs/ankles in the summer heat and humidity here (not that I can wear them in the winter time... ;) ) and it wasn't worth the cost of shipping them back to the States even though they didn't fit.

The only thing that will suck (but in a very small way) is having a limited time to wear certain clothes that I really like or know will look good on me. Of course, I'd much rather lose the weight than wear the clothes, but still... I guess a NSV to look forward to will be increased closet space, as I will be able to get rid of clothes (hopefully I can find some plus-sized women to donate to) instead of constantly holding onto everything "just in case." I hope the clothes will last me until summer when I go back home, which will be 6-7 months post-op, so I can update my wardrobe then.

Yes. It is fun. I have been able to avoid buying new things but I do need a new pair of pants. And a nice dress for a wedding in March but am waiting another month to shop for that.

I went closet shopping and realized I may have liked that stuff 10 yrs ago but I sure don't like it now! Tossed just about everything. I kept a dress and a few pair of pants.

I can't wait to completely replace everything in my closet.

As is, as soon as something gets loose, it goes in the donate bag. I refuse to walk around in baggy clothes that hide my shape anymore.

Wish i could go shopping in my closet. I've been a size 20 since before i graduated high-school. Granted a 20 now is bigger than a 20 from 10+ years ago. I am lucky it's winter. All i want to wear are leggings and sweats. Im too cold to care about much else lol. I am dying to by some jeans though. But im waiting until I'm a good ways out of the 2s if i can help it. Just going to rock with the clothes i have till they can't fit anymore then buy cheap basics until i get to goal. Saving money for a cute new wardrobe.

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

I was all excited, because I am terrible about cleaning closets out. I figured I had plenty of clothes to last me through the winter. I was wrong. I dropped 4-5 sizes in pants within WEEKS, and had to go out and buy some more. Right now I am shopping at Walmart instead of Casual Male, figuring I am only going to get a few weeks out of smaller sizes anyway. Pants have slowed down a bit. Belts cost me a fortune, but that is because I carry a lot of stuff around on my belt, and I need a good one no matter what.

I did! I lost 50 pounds 3 years ago then gained 70, so I'm almost back there!

I now weigh what I did when I was 13... I only have one shirt hanging in my closet from 2003 that is too small. It was too small then as well, I've never been able to wear it. Everything else is too big. I actually bought an XL button up shirt a couple of weeks ago.

I was all excited, because I am terrible about cleaning closets out. I figured I had plenty of clothes to last me through the winter. I was wrong. I dropped 4-5 sizes in pants within WEEKS, and had to go out and buy some more. Right now I am shopping at Walmart instead of Casual Male, figuring I am only going to get a few weeks out of smaller sizes anyway. Pants have slowed down a bit. Belts cost me a fortune, but that is because I carry a lot of stuff around on my belt, and I need a good one no matter what.

I refuse to give up my belt even though I can almost tuck it into my back pocket!