Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is the day! Any advice

I'm nervous and excited! Any tips you can provide me would be awesome !!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Relax. It is hard, but it is probably the most important thing you can do. Unless, of course, you are a Christian. Then you can relax and pray. It worked for me. Good luck!

Force yourself to walk as much as you can!

Don't take too much stuff to the hospital. You'll need very little of it. :)

If you're having pain, stay ahead of it... let the nurses know when it's starting up again so they can get your pain meds to you before it gets bad.

Walk, walk, walk. And once they let you have fluids, sip, sip, sip.

And try not to stress. The hospital staff do this all the time, they've got your back.

Walk. Be the number one walking champion. Let all the nurses forever know you as "The Best Walker I Ever Had" and may they remember you for decades.

If you need something from the nurse or aid (post surgery) and they said they be right back but it's been an hour, don't hesitate to push the call button. I got myself into a panic before I did it.

How do you feel. How was it.

Hope everything went well for the other Jan 10 sleevers. I just got back from a walk around the Med/surg floor. Like everyone says, walk, walk, walk! It really helps with gas pains. I've been burping a lot and have some incisional pain but it's tolerable. Taking in 50 mls each hour I'm away, Protein and Water. I hope my surgeon releases me today! I'm ready for my own bed and environment. I'd love to hear how you're all feeling.

That's good to hear @therealox. I'm driving in now to hospital. Surgery 7:30am. I'll post when I'm done. Walk walk walk is what I hear.

@@bossportsgal and @@therealrox I was sleeved yesterday morning. Mine was an out patient procedure. Was home by 12.00pm. Yesterday and last night were rough. The gas pain was horrible even though I spent a lot of time walking. To is a much better day... I took gas x for the gas and tums for what felt like heartburn. I am still taking the oxycodone every 4 hours for incision pain. Getting in and out of bed is a major struggle, so is finding a comfortable sleeping position. Since this is day 2 I am giving myself a couple more days for the gas and incision pains to subside.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App