Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am too excited to contain myself any longer!! I am 47 years old, 5'-4", and my heaviest weight was pre-op at 191lbs. I am aware that most people would say that I didn't need weight loss surgery, but here is my story: I have struggled to be a healthy weight since my first of two children was born in 1995. I was on a yo-yo of dieting until now. 7 years ago I decided I would get in shape for my 40th Birthday. I dropped 50lbs and was doing P90x like a wild woman. I dropped a few more pounds and weighed 124lbs. On New Year's Day a friend of mine texted me a picture she took of me and my husband the night before, and I was a little shocked. My face was too thin and I looked ghostly! I decided I would look healthier if I put on a few pounds. Well I never put the brakes on and now 7 years later I have gained all my weight back and 15lbs. more since my hysterectomy in August 2016. I have tried on and off to get back on track, but have failed miserably. I was on Phentermine when I lost all the weight last time but it would never work the same for me. Plus I was making myself throw up when I overate. I just had to find a way to control my hunger without drugs or unhealthy plan "b"! After extensive research and a lot of heavy thinking I decided to have Gastric Bypass Surgery. My surgery was on January 3, 2017, just 6 days ago. I can already tell I'm on my way to my happy place!! For the first time ever I'm not starving all the time! I'm not going to bed with a hungry tummy to keep me awake! I can drink a few ounces and actually feel full! I'm not going to say it's been a totally positive experience so far either. I have had a Cesarean Birth, a VBAC Birth (natural), Tubal Ligation, and a Hysterectomy and this has been the most painful surgery ever!!! I was so uncomfortable until just a few days ago! My incisions bruised terribly and my tummy was extremely bloated from the cuts and gas. The bruising is finally fading and my gas is under control. I have very little pain and I can see a little muscle definition in my tummy again. I'm on the mend and ready for something besides Protein shakes and Propel Zero, but I know I'll have to check with my doc the day after tomorrow before I change from all liquids. I am feeling like I can finally take control of the "Hunger Monster" inside me and feel good about me again!! The relief I feel is almost indescribable. All I can say is that I feel like I'm finally free! Thank you for reading my story.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you for sharing. I'm at 180 at 5'3" I've been told by many I don't need surgery. But I know me. I'm an emotional eater and have been since at least 16 years of age. I had lapband and it was removed June 2016. Doc said I would gain weight pretty quickly and he wasn't lying. I feel like a FAT PIG and don't want to be out in public, only when I have to. It really stinks feeling this way. Best of luck to you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

Oh, gosh! I am so sorry and I know exactly how you feel because I don't want to go anywhere until I lose this weight!! My doc talked me out of the lapband after he heard how I struggled and failed every other diet. I thought Gastric Bypass sounded too extreme since I only had 60 pounds to lose, but I'm so glad I "went all out" for the big guns now as I can already feel the hungry monster gathering strength!! He won't have nearly as much fun now!!

Good for you!! Way to take your LIFE BACK. I had my RNY July of 2013. I lost 132#'s in 6 months. I did gain 8#'s back and I have maintained my 125#'s for 3 years. So yes I am kind of proud of myself. I had a few hick ups and had Strictures and ended up having 5 Endoscopes with 4 dilations. With my last being in Jan of 2015. all is great now tho. But...if you ask me if I would do it again, with everything inside of me IN A HEARTBEAT!!! It gives us the power and strength to do THIS!!! So happy for you!! And I look forward to following your journey!!

How this tool of RNY is changing our life, mine was done Dec 28/16 and lost 11 pound doesn't look too much for 187 pounds but my diabetes (insulin) and high blood pressure was gone , no medicine it was need it . I feel grate, fabulous, and no hunger like you mentioned in your comments. I'm so happy that I am not alone in this journey. Thank you for sharing your stories it is so encouraging to everyone in this journey.

Edited by Mili

9 days post op and I have lost 13lbs!!! I'm finally getting all my liquids down and I'm gaining strength every day. I am having some pretty heavy mood swings, but my husband has been so supportive! He's losing weight as well since I'm not eating a bunch of bad stuff or wanting to eat out or bring crap home. I'm really looking forward to eating food next week!!!

16 days post op and down 16lbs. It's slowing down as I'm leveling out but I'm feeling so much stronger and I'm eating yogurt, tuna fish, salmon, low fat cottage cheese, and high Protein meatless burritos with a flaxseed tortilla now. food is good but I'm still drinking my shakes because they make my Vitamins and Protein intake easier. shakes make sure I'm taking the food introduction and intake slowly as well. I want to get to know my new pouch nice and easy as the thought of throwing up or dumping horrifies me greatly!!

Edited by TracieSue

Congratulations! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

You will be in this honeymoon phase for about the first 6-8 months. The hunger will come back! Just keep your food portioned and eat healthy!

Best of luck in your journey! God bless [emoji1317][emoji173]️