Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Overly sensitive/militant people!

There are so many nice, intelligent people contributing to these forums. Their information is on point, their insight invaluable!! I look for some of these people under all of the comments so that I can follow them for their remarks, advice and humour!!

THEN there are those people, mainly women I'm sorry to say, who take every remark, every answer, every comment that does not suit them and they turn the discussion into a battle!! They seem to feel that everything written is an attack on their sanity, their intellect or their standing in the world!! They go into attack mode with the slightest provocation and insist you leave their thread and their life!! I truly don't understand this kind of mentality and how people with such thin skin can function in the real world!!

It's so nice to a have a forum of like minded individuals, WLS/losing weight, where everything and anything can be discussed. Why ruin it with name calling, direct personal attacks and a militant stance?

Please remember now, this is MY RANT!!

@@Odie I couldn't agree more!

There is an acronym to respond to this phenomenon you describe, but I cannot write it here, as it is not quite polite. But, it is accurate. And to the point.

@LittleBill... I need a hint, whats the first letter?

capital "F" ???

Capital C?

The acronym does not describe the person who is the problem. It describes the sentiment expressed when those people show up and want to take control of your life and tell you what to do. It is FOAD. I do not say that I ever used it. I just say I know about it. Just in case. ;-)

Edited by LittleBill

hahaha. i had to google it, but...YES!!! love it.

HAHA I just figured that out. Love it.

HAHA I just figured that out. Love it.

I was tempted almost beyond what I could bear when I first arrived here, and a certain "vet" decided to jump all over me with both her feet in righteous indignation, but I held my tongue, so to speak. I merely pointed out that she lacked a sense of humor. That seemed to do the trick, as she has stedfastly ignored me since then.

Is it bad that I figured it out immediately? And yes, it IS what I meant!

I allowed myself to be provoked more than once when I first came to BP. Now I just read the feisty stuff whilst sitting on my hands...it's not worth the Cortisol and the resulting belly fat to get involved. I do find really good information when I look past the petty stuff.

Edited by justhere4theshow

I'm pretty sure this post is directed at me, considering it was posted about 2 hours after I responded to your comment on my post. You came onto my post, basically calling me a liar, and you thought I wouldn't respond in a very deserving manner?

Also, I have posted several helpful and kind comments on this forum, but you're choosing to talk about the one you provoked me on. Then you come here to "secretly" bash me, thinking I wouldn't see it. (But I'm almost certain you were hoping I would.) I don't appreciate it. An adult would have messaged me and discussed this with me. But instead, you chose to act passive-aggressive and childish.

Now, if this isn't directed at me, I apologize. But I'd be very surprised if it wasn't, considering the timing.

Well said @Odie.

There is too much butthurt around here.

This is a bariatric forum......a place where we've come....we've taken extreme measures to gain control over our health.

Some folks choose to keep their heads buried in the sand and simply want a warm blanket thrown on them. Let 'em stay there...heads buried....tide will come in and drown them at some point. I simply don't have the energy to help them any longer. Ignorance is a choice at this point. There is no way that somebody reaches the point where they reach the act of actually having wls and they don't know the basics. No way in hell. They've been briefed and they choose to ignore it.

The rest of us will do the work to reach our goals and live lean and happy. It's not always easy....but it's much easier since surgery.

I'm so tired of the childish butthurt that I see around here. Folks need to grow up and own up. Solutions have been provided if they'll simply own their actions.