Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oddball here - dislike Premiere - Thoughts?

When I was cleared to have Protein shakes I bought a bunch of single serving Protein Powder samples. I tolerated most of them and continue to try different brands. My least favorite to date was the unjury chicken Soup flavored Protein powder.< /p>

I use the protein powder to make Protein Bars and currently have Wegman's brand chocolate. costco has Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard on sale now, and I will give that a try next.

Thanks everyone! I didn't even think about my taste changing... so glad I asked

Sent from my SM-G925P using the BariatricPal App

If you don't like preimer then don't drink it lol. There's Bariatric Advantage, unjury, Protein milkshake bar, Isopure, Syntrax, even GNC lean 25 are ok. Just find one that you do like the taste of that's under 200 calories and less than 5g of sugar. It should have at least 20g of Protein. Because once you are post op it will be a struggle to get down more than two shakes. So the more protein in one, the better.

Also, try ready to drink varieties and see how you like it because your taste will change after surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thats where i currently find myself post surgery trying different shakes and not having a lot of luck. I have tried GNC unflavored not bad but i keep getting a severe aftertaste. Tried premier mix it is okay but not for everyday the already mixed were too chalky and thick. The one i really liked was GENEPRO but that one has alot of controversey behind it and i am not sure i want to bet my health on it. So ultimately it is Syntrax tried alot flavors and found some that are tolerable. Plus they have lots of flavors that i can interchange through the week. I actually liked the grapefruit and road side lemonade the best but there was nothing wrong with the other flavors either.

As for unflavored fixing to try the Unjury medical grade hmm we shall see.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

Edited by doxaholic

post-262002-14849632993638_thumb.jpg

You guys have to give this a try, it's really refreshing!!! I lived off this stuff the first 3 months post op!!

Really low carb too!

Edited by UalreadyKnow

post-262002-14849637600261_thumb.jpg nutrition facts

I bought a lot of Premier and like the chocolate. To me the strawberry banana was too sweet. Haven't tried my caramel or pure banana. I can say they make you feel full. The colder the better. I have not been able to drink 3 a day. I wish the chocolate was more a dark chocolate so it would not be sweet. I love Bariatric Cream Soups (15 gram protein)for the savory taste at dinner and add 4 Oz of precooked boneless chicken to it. Makes a good dinner. I have coffee on the morning at sip on the shakes all day. Had a sf popsicle th tonight and may have half a shake before bed. Had to buy listening strips because the shakes do leave a bad taste in your mouth. I must say it's freeing not to of cook and not having to blend shakes.

????sonkat5355????

Good Luck!

????sonkat5355????

Oh i forgot to say you can also try Atkins lift. It taste better over ice. And it's on sale at big lots for $2.

Sales are great! Thx

Sent from my SM-G925P using the BariatricPal App

I can handle Premier but only in a pinch, my favorite has been the Syntrax Matrix, some of the nectar naturals were good too like Peach but some were very artificial tasting to me. Now I make my own mostly