Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oddball here - dislike Premiere - Thoughts?

Hey all, I am new here. Just starting my journey. I wanted to get started on getting acclimated to the Protein Drinks now to hopefully make it easier on myself post-surgery. So hoping this isnt a dumb question.

I have been searching what peoples favs are for Protein shakes/drinks. So I see that I have a number of choices to go through. What I would like to hear is for those of you who have tried Premier Protein (seems to be the most popular) but DIDNT like it, and what you went to. As I have been really struggling with drinking a full one at a sitting. TIA!

I drank Premiere when I had to but never really liked it. All the premade drinks basically tasted like industrial run off to me. I preferred to make my own drinks with Protein Powder and either Carb Master/Fair Life milk or unsweetened vanilla almond or cashew milk.

Some of my favorite Protein powders are Syntrax Nectar (favorite flavors: iced Cappuccino, chocolate truffle), Syntrax Matrix, Chike, Unjury (favorite flavor: chocolate splendor, chicken Soup is also good -- mix with hot water), and Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. You can buy samples of most of these powders on nashuanutrition.com. The Unjury website is the only place to buy Unjury.

I also like mixing in a couple teaspoons of instant coffee and/or some Torani SF Syrup flavorings to make things more interesting, like a hazelnut mocha or vanilla latte Protein Shake.< /p>

I think they actually taste better post surgery when you are on liquids and your choices are limited. banana creme is yummy!

@@Bufflehead "All the premade drinks basically tasted like industrial run off to me." ;-) Sometime feel free to tell us how you really feel

@@evansella7 it depends on what your program allows. Mine mostly did not allow it due to the extra calories, sugar, and carbs from fruit. The only exception was to add a very small amount of berries.

@@OKCPirate now you've got me wondering how I even know what industrial run off might taste like. It isn't like I'm siphoning my drinking Water out of some factory waste drain, I promise. Sometimes I just like to run my mouth I guess :)

Be forewarned your taste buds may change after surgery. So don't invest too much time prior to surgery in selecting your Protein shake. Be prepared to experiment after surgery. Remember you do not have to like the Protein Shake you select, you only need to tolerate it.

For me the premiere Protein Drinks are too thick and a bit chalky tasting. I prefer a few flavors of Syntrax Nectar and Jay Robb egg Protein Powder (I am lactose intolerant). I also like ideal shape Protein but they are low in protein so I boost it with GENEPRO

Before my surgery I liked the vanilla & strawberry Premier Protein shakes, so I bought a bunch of it for after surgery. After my surgery, I couldn't stand the taste. So I had to returned it. I like flavorless GENEPRO & I add it to SF hot coco or herbal tea.

I never liked Premiere shakes - I could taste the Protein in them. I liked powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and Syntrax nectar products.

HERE HERE another one that doesn't LIKE Premier Protein. I had to drink it 2 weeks before my RNY and 4 weeks after. I had "the back door trots" the whole time. At my check up I was told that I was Lactose Intolerant!! Gee Thanks!! I mean it was BAD!! Also, I commend anyone that likes and can drink Isopure junk!!! I LOVE GENEPRO unflavored Protein, I add it to my coffee every day. I also like Atkins products. I just wish I had found the GENEPRO a while ago. Also, like was said above your taste will more than likely change after your WLS. BEWARE of buying to much ahead.