Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone regret surgery

So I've been working out with a trainer and eating right lost 25 pounds so far I have surgery next month and I'm questioning do I still want it I know many people that got it and they look sick and unhealthy I was wondering do anyone regret having surgery ???

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My question exactly. I have a friend that had a surgery in '09, lost a bunch of weight, looks really good, but still cannot eat much. Cannot enjoy times out with friends, because if she ate a bit too much she feels sick and has to sit for 20 min to digest it. I'm wondering is this the experience for everyone?

Sent from my Pixel using the BariatricPal App

My question exactly. I have a friend that had a surgery in '09, lost a bunch of weight, looks really good, but still cannot eat much. Cannot enjoy times out with friends, because if she ate a bit too much she feels sick and has to sit for 20 min to digest it. I'm wondering is this the experience for everyone?

My point exactly it's girl at my job who looks bad very bad and she regrets it

I enjoy being out with friends. My enjoyment just doesn't involve mass quantities of food now. Yes I eat but I find that I'm more involved in the conversation than I've ever been and I feel like I get so much more out of the time that I've spent.

I enjoy being out with friends. My enjoyment just doesn't involve mass quantities of food now. Yes I eat but I find that I'm more involved in the conversation than I've ever been and I feel like I get so much more out of the time that I've spent.
How about drinks? Beer, vodka, wine?

I had surgery on 12/19/16. I am currently going through a period of surgery regret. It's not because of not being able to eat large quantities anymore since I didn't really do that before hand. It's not about not being able to drink since I don't drink. For me my regret currently is because of two things mainly.

1. I'm losing too slowly for my taste. I feel like I butchered myself for nothing since I could lose faster just by eating low carb.

2. What weight I have lost seems to have all come from my boobs. I am not pleased with how my body looks already.

Will I forever regret the surgery? Doubtful. But right now that's how I feel.

I had surgery on 12/19/16. I am currently going through a period of surgery regret. It's not because of not being able to eat large quantities anymore since I didn't really do that before hand. It's not about not being able to drink since I don't drink. For me my regret currently is because of two things mainly.

1. I'm losing too slowly for my taste. I feel like I butchered myself for nothing since I could lose faster just by eating low carb.

2. What weight I have lost seems to have all come from my boobs. I am not pleased with how my body looks already.

Will I forever regret the surgery? Doubtful. But right now that's how I feel.

I'm sure all will even out and you will look great. Give it some time. It hasn't even been a month yet.

I'm a little over one month post op and honestly on my diet before surgery I lost 42 pounds - that was my one month ore op diet and here I am 1 month post op and only lost 18 pounds---- I feel like the surgery sent my body into shock and I'm eating entirely less since surgery and dropping way less weight-

I too feel like if I could loose 40 pounds in a month before surgery by eating the way I should I would still be doing well and much more successful than I am now due to all the trauma and shock to my body-

I had surgery 12/12/16 and im having some regrets. Mine are primarily because of the infection I got afterwards and am still dealing with. Also I've been stuck at same weight for a week now and it's bugging the crap outta me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

I will be three months post op on 1/18. I have NO regrets. I thought about canceling many times pre op because I didn't want to fail. I kept changing my habits and was finally confident a week before. My sister had the sleeve three years before me and did poorly (due to her own bad choices-no Vitamins, high sugar diet) and is back to her starting weight. I have been diligent with Vitamins, following my eating plan. I look better than ever. My skin and hair look great and even though I could be said to be losing slowly, I'm lighter than I've been in 8 years. I get compliments every day. It's a personal choice and surgery is a tool, not a magic wand. Good luck, whatever you decide.

HW 232

SW 202

CW 179

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I am 3 months out and went through the same moment of why did I do this to myself. Now I am down 40lbs in 3 months where before took me 1 year to lose the same amount of weight. So I really have no regrets I feel so much better have so much more energy and I know that this tool is saving me. I would say that everyone does this for a different reasons but if you do not have the motivation to continue the journey without surgery much like myself and many others on here this surgery will definitely work for you. For me it is because I finally see progress in an area that I have struggled with for so long and without the surgery I would just give up. So I urge you to explore your motivation to being healthy and having a better relationship with food. That means not thinking about food in terms of taste but nourishment, and thinking of exercise in terms of body definition instead of lbs lost on the scale. This surgery is not the answer but it is the tool to change your way of thinking. I hope you are blessed on your journey to a better you.

SW 357

Pre Op 311

CW 272

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Meggers0385

I am 9 weeks post op and have some struggles eating certain food which I hope will improve over time but I have no regrets I have lost 3 stone including my pre op diet and have never lost that much on any diet ever. I still have a similar amount still to loose but am totally happy. People are staring to notice my weight loss and my health is already starting to improve.

I see alot of people are saying they could have lost more or the same amount weight without surgery, but I am sure we all xan recall some diet we've done in the past were we stalled, gave up, and gained all the weight back. With or without surgery U would imagine its has to be a forever lifestyle change. I should have my surgery in April, but right now I am learning to change all my habits as if I've already had the surgery. I cant really imagine what post op will be, but I know the struggles of losing and regaining weight and how commited you have to be no matter what plan you decide to follow. In addition I found that alot of people do not measure their food or count calories and many people eat some of the same food before surgery but in much lesser quantities.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

How about drinks? Beer, vodka, wine?

I don't drink. I never have.