Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you gain it back? Recently?

Hello I am just wondering what happen different that you gained it all back. I am researching the sleeve because I want to do it. So I am very interested of all the good and bad things about the surgery????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

Hello I am just wondering what happen different that you gained it all back. I am researching the sleeve because I want to do it. So I am very interested of all the good and bad things about the surgery

The easy answer is this:

When you stop doing what worked before, it doesn't work anymore.

When you stop:

Eating Protein first

Drinking at least 64 oz of no calorie, low calorie fluids

Limiting sugar, white carbohydrates, and calorie laden drinks

Moving more than sitting

Not drinking with meals

Eating mostly fresh, non processed food

Eating tons of colored veggies

Weighing yourself to hold yourself accountable

you will gain.

Pretty much it in a nutshell.

I gained 12 this last year. That's why I'm doing my 6 week 20 pound challenge. I'm going to have to work and sacrifice to get it off, and I think I can do even better by getting my focus back on my health again. It helps my girl friend is joining me on this Quest.

Have you recently had complete lab work done? Conditions like PCOS can substantially increase your craving for sugar and carbs. A Vitamin D deficiency can diminish your energy. I'd systematically rule out any potential medical contributors, as well as analyze your lifestyle habits. For me, keeping track of what I eat and drink on MyFitnessPal has been really helpful with making me more mindful of what I'm eating in a day.

Thank you for being so honest. I'm concerned about the weight gain years down the road...it's a true reality....

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

Studies show after year 4 there is an expected regain as your body normalize to the drastic loss.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Hello I am just wondering what happen different that you gained it all back. I am researching the sleeve because I want to do it. So I am very interested of all the good and bad things about the surgery

The easy answer is this:

When you stop doing what worked before, it doesn't work anymore.

When you stop:

Eating Protein first

Drinking at least 64 oz of no calorie, low calorie fluids

Limiting sugar, white carbohydrates, and calorie laden drinks

Moving more than sitting

Not drinking with meals

Eating mostly fresh, non processed food

Eating tons of colored veggies

Weighing yourself to hold yourself accountable

you will gain.

Pretty much it in a nutshell.

What you left out is the mental aspect. Fear and hope were motivators. You get comfortable. You lose and feel good. You forget the struggle.

Like most women who have experienced childbirth. You forget the pain until you are pregnant again lol They joy of a new body. For some a new life. You forget about your struggle until the scale or your body starts to remind you.

That is true I say Now I get cocky when I lose weight and then it comes back. But I am so ready for this I believe I will keep it off. I think of it like this. If someone came and got me all set up paid all my bills gave me a good job and all new stuff and all I have to do is keep it up and it is all mine. U bet ur butt I would and that's what I think about weight loss surgery.

Thank you for being so honest. I'm concerned about the weight gain years down the road...it's a true reality....

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

Studies show after year 4 there is an expected regain as your body normalize to the drastic loss.

Only 5-10%. My hubby gained 20, but still felt good under 200 so and he's kept the rest off for 10 years.

You gain it all back?

We have TOTAL AND COMPLETE control of that. Don't think we don't.

Seems to me, I have to work on the trilogy of Protein, Water and moving.

After 10 years, I'm still so thankful for my band. And

I work hard on this lifestyle .... I may not always

Do well.... cocktails or sweets seem to be my nemesis... but dang it, I try.

Almost all the time, I try.

No more " I'm not thinking about my daily intake"

More : patterns of behavior that work in the long run.

Ps if there was a box of sees candy in front of me... I'd totally eat it.

A lot of my battle is what gets brought into the house!

That is true I say Now I get cocky when I lose weight and then it comes back. But I am so ready for this I believe I will keep it off. I think of it like this. If someone came and got me all set up paid all my bills gave me a good job and all new stuff and all I have to do is keep it up and it is all mine. U bet ur butt I would and that's what I think about weight loss surgery.

It has to be our main focus at all times!! What we eat, how we eat it, how much are we exercising? The WLS as we all know (we are not newbies) is a work in progress. When and I'm speaking of myself as when we let our guard down well we all know what happens. This is one of my biggest fears!! WEIGHT REGAIN I don't want to be a statistic!! This is why I am so glad I didn't have the means to have WLS when I first tried. I had to grow up and try try again!! Failure was my middle name. Yes we all face things every day, people just don't stop buying stuff and eating it in front of us, because we had WLS. I feel for you!! It is one of the hardest things to do. But...if you want it YOU CAN and WILL DO IT!!! Start now!! You have lots of people right here with you!!