Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all! I had sleeve surgery on 12/30. People seem to be bouncing back really well, but I'm still at home. I find the medicine regimen, keeping track of fluids/"food" (still eating almost exclusively soup), changing bandages, and monitoring various aches/pains to be a lot. Did anyone else feel like they recovered more slowly than their peers? Thanks <3

Everyone recovers differently. Are you still on pain meds? If so, they may actually delayig recovery. The more you make yourself move and the more fluids you get in the better you will feel. I didn't have to change bandages. They should be scabbing over by now.

I took a month off and could have used another. Is a full time job to manage fluids, meals, meds and rest. I believe I benefited from it being slow and listening to my body. Hang in there Alli Sunshine. A year from now the first couple of months will be a blur.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I thought I was recovery on target till I read your post! I was sleeved on 12/28 and have only gone out 3x. Once to drive my mom somewhere, once to my therapist and yesterday I walked to the pharmacy to pick up some meds. And I'm exhausted today after that short walk. I've been walking about 3 miles around the house every day but that walk outside yesterday really took it out of me. I spend my whole day just trying to get in my Protein Shakes and Water.

I had my VGS on 12/12. It took me 2 1/2 weeks before I was able to get all my fluids and Protein in. Try to keep a record of everything that goes in your mouth. My weight loss team gave me a book that had a flow sheet that I could write down everything. Also walking is good. I saw my Dr at 23 days post-op and she wants me to do Yoga or Strength training or riding a bike. Something to tone and build muscle and increase endorphins. She says no limitations now.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi there all,

I'm new to the site and couldn't figure out how to reply to you individually, but thanks so much to each of you for sharing your thoughts/experience. You're right, it's an individual journey, and I need to be patient, but it's really good to be reminded that some others also needed to take it slow :)

-Alli

good to be reminded that others also need to take it slow

@@Alli Sunshine

Welcome Welcome Welcome!!!

always nice to see a newbie join the group :)

you have much to learn

ups and downs

bumps and bruises

listen to other peoples comment, responses, answers, questions, experiences

you'll find similar questions/answers to your questions too!

end of day - always listen to only your NUT

(and me too of course!! :D )

good luck

kathy