Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've never been the lotion and moisturizer kinda person. I've never had a dry skin problem before. I am 3.5 weeks post op and my skin on my arms and legs and hands and even my forehead is dry. My hands look wrinkled and old. Weirdly enough though, my acne is worse than it has ever been as an adult. Before I just used whatever lotion made my body smell good but now it is more serious than that. I was looking at all the different lotions and I am not sure what I need. Do I use a lotion or do I use a firming cream? If it is lotion, what should I use? With the weight loss and everything I am not sure what is best that still works with a low budget. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Omg. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've had super oily skin all my life and now I'm two weeks post op and need moisturizer.

I'm following this to see what others suggest!

Katy W- Louisburg, NC

Lapband revision to VSG with DS

HW- 297

Weight at Surgery-279

CW- will update at two week appt

My dermatologist recommend Eucerin Calming Cream when I saw him one winter and was completely dry because of the dry heat in my apartment. I know that CVS has their version, Something-Something-Soothing-Cream, which will cost a little less. A notation on the tube will say "compare to the.[the name brand]." I suppose other large chains have their private-label versions.

P.S. It works for me. I apply whenever my skin starts to feel like sandpaper without my even touching it or when it feels almost painful.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

O'keeffe's working hands cream. I've had dry, cracked skin that hurt for like 6 months and I tried this lotion and it fixed my skin literally over night.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

I buy cream in bulk when they are on offer which keeps the price down. I am 18 months out and still need to apply cream every day, especially on my face and hands. I drink tons of Water, did before surgery and do now and my skin is still dry. I ask my hubster to scratch my back when we get into bed every night as it gets so dry and itchy. . The neighbours must hear the moaning and purring and think we are bonking all the time lol. Try out small samples, get them free if you can and see what works for you. Good luck!!

I second the getting in more fluids. Though it can be tough 3.5 weeks out. Also, I use a lot more lotion now than before surgery. I get in lots of fluids too.

When it comes to lotions, I look at the ingredients and find they are really similar for the expensive vs inexpensive ones. So I go for the less expensive one that smells good.

I really like udder cream and bag balm. Udder cream isn't greasy and isn't heavily scented.

At my grocery store, I can buy a purse size lotion. If you can find that, that would be a good way to try it.

The acne could also be from the hormone dump/readjustment your body is going through post wls.

From the knowledge I've been given.... the body should work from the inside out, with help from the outside when needed. If your skin doesn't respond to Water (that naturally hydrates the skin) I would look more into something natural to put on the skin. I have nothing against lotion, but most are more a cover up than a fix. Google

.... What's natural to hydrate my skin. Or something in that arena. You'll be surprised of the information you'll receive

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

It is all about the fluids. You may think you are getting enough but you likely are not and it is effecting your skin.

There are quite a few posts about this over the last couple years I have been on this site. Drink lots and lots of Water, we dehydrate easily without even realizing it.