Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 4 weeks post op

Had my surgery on the 12-12-16 and I'm down 34.6 pounds, got back in the gym Tuesday and wow, it felt like death, I never thought it would take so much out of me and make me feel so weak after working out. My starting weight was 447, surgery weight was 438 and right now I'm at 412 and some change. I feel great and able to eat 3 oz of food so far, I'm working on being able to get in a gallon of Water. It's been a smooth journey so far to be honest. I'm grateful for being able to do this for myself and give myself another chance and enjoy life. If anyone has any advice on the right Vitamins to take please let me know. I love working out and love lifting weights. post-300640-14838330609776_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I wasn't cleared to exercise until 6 weeks. Your body likely isn't ready yet.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Yeah, I also wasn't cleared to do gym type exercises until my 6 week check-up. Do you have the eating plan from your doctor. Generally all the docs provide them. I have quite a Vitamin routine for life, Calcium/Vit D, B12, Iron, Multivitamin and Protein. With timing restrictions on the Calcium. Please check with your doctor, about your eating plan. It iis important that you do this right so as not to hurt yourself.

Good luck!

Again guys I was cleared to workout at my 2 week check up, I wouldn't workout if I wasn't cleared. They just told me to start of light and take my time. As far as Vitamins I'm taking them already I just don't like them, the Calcium is liquid and gross and so is the B12. I do have my meal plan and she said as time progresses she will up my intake do to the fact I work hard in the gym.

Again guys I was cleared to workout at my 2 week check up, I wouldn't workout if I wasn't cleared. They just told me to start of light and take my time. As far as Vitamins I'm taking them already I just don't like them, the Calcium is liquid and gross and so is the B12. I do have my meal plan and she said as time progresses she will up my intake do to the fact I work hard in the gym.

My doctor wrote me a prescription for the B12 shot I give it to myself in the thigh because I just didn't have no energy

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

Your message about clearing with you doc came after my comment. I am tying to get up the committment with myself to go back to the gym. I had a personal trainer when I went before, but that's s expensive. I'm doing my thing at home, but it's just not enough,

I like the chewable calcily with Vit D and the sublingual B12. Maybe you could try them.

My NUT likes optisource. It's a chewable that you take 4 times/day. Everything you need is in there. I'm using that until I get sick of using chewables and cleared to start regular pills.

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

I started my exercise on day 4. Im only 11 days out. I am walking 3.5 miles as of today in 1 hr and 15 mins. I do 45 addtl mins on my 2nd walk. For me the working out just made me feel much better and I was only sore for 5 days. I have dropped 18 ponds in 11 days. I have no issue with energy at all and I get my Fluid in along with my Protein. I take liquid Vitamins and Gummy multi but nothing with more than 2 grams of sugar. I get pretty much all of my Vitamins from Amazon or costco. I made sure I walked laps every 2 hrs after surgery then when I came home I rested for 2 days. On my 4th day I started walking 2 times a day for 45 mins each. I then increased it every couple of days.

Edited by Kimkim