Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Post Op MARIJUANA Users?

And I am not a lazy either. I have a respectable full time job, two beautiful kids, a great hubby and life goals but I enjoy smoking before bedtime most days.

I did ask my surgeon about it and he said he would wait a little longer. Something about my lungs and then he mentioned the munchies. But he sounded like it would be fine in the future.

Sent from my SM-J700T using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Jessibird

I am in the exact same situation. I am 15 days post op and I smoked last night. I had not eaten dinner yet and actually I had eaten very little all day, other than Protein shakes and Water. So when I got home I had some Soup. I ate half the can way more than I have eaten yet. Today I was thinking I was ready to buy some to have at home but I didn't bc of the munchies. I want my surgery to be successful and it really frustrates me that smoking isn't really good for my diet. Hopefully that will change bc I miss smoking.

I think muchies wise, planning out beforehand such as getting a little bowl of veges/fruit would probably solve that senario for us all. Just eat slowly lol. I wish you the best of luck ♡♡♡

And I am not a lazy either. I have a respectable full time job, two beautiful kids, a great hubby and life goals but I enjoy smoking before bedtime most days.

I also have one child. I totally get it ! I love moms who smoke, it really does take a lot the stress away at the end of the day. Happy mom, happy children ♡

I was just approved yesterday to use it medically to help me sleep, and the nurse told me that she recommends using a vaporizer. I smoked a lot of it in high school but that was a long time ago (and for different reasons, haha). It actually never occurred to me to ask any of these questions so thanks for asking them!

Im a smoker...

Im a choker....

Im a late night toker!

(I think that's how the words go)

If you are serious. ....reeeally serious about ur weightloss, im thinking some tree shouldn't deter you. If ur bs-ing, a lock-jaw procedure couldn't even save ya...u digg?

I made "tea" on day 1 - broke down &lit up about 5 days after i got home from surgery...i went VERY slow.

Im about 7wks out now & im just on reg pre-surgery routine. I workout. Im logging every bite of food, workout, sip of Water (&every joint if u can believe it) on a food logging app & i bet there's A TON of folks on this app/forum choking as they read this..... Control your munchies...your ass gone be puking if u let munchies control you. Ur stomach is tiny & vulnerable af rn.

Bottom line is U know ur body. And I bet you have researched this surgery inside &out...so u know the signs of if something is wrong. If ur brave & in want, take a LIGHT hit of some reggies (sumn that aint too strong. Dont go rolling up some couchlock) and see how u feel. If good, go again. If not, stop. I would roll up a paper & not load a bowl or bong or blunt, pray & unplug.

I would NOT do this on day 1, 2 or 3.... My bestie scolded me for not waiting a month like i said i would pre-surgery.

I was just approved yesterday to use it medically to help me sleep, and the nurse told me that she recommends using a vaporizer. I smoked a lot of it in high school but that was a long time ago (and for different reasons, haha). It actually never occurred to me to ask any of these questions so thanks for asking them!

Yes! A vape is a darn good idea...they're gentle.

Yes! You just said the right thing...a vape. They are gentle. You can control the cough better...

Girl I had surgery on 12/21/16. The pain meds my DR prescribed gave me to much nausea so I stopped taking it because I couldn't keep anything down. A week later I started smoking again and it help with the pain and it made me a much nicer person I don't get the munchies, but I didn't get the munchies before the surgery either. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Im a smoker...

Im a choker....

Im a late night toker!

If you are serious. ....reeeally serious about ur weightloss, im thinking some tree shouldn't deter you. If ur bs-ing, a lock-jaw procedure couldn't even save ya...u digg?

I made "tea" on day 1 - broke down &lit up about 5 days after i got home from surgery...i went VERY slow.

Im about 7wks out now & im just on reg pre-surgery routine. I workout. Im logging every bite of food, workout, sip of Water (&every joint if u can believe it) on a food logging app & i bet there's A TON of folks on this app/forum choking as they read this..... Control your munchies...your ass gone be puking if u let munchies control you. Ur stomach is tiny & vulnerable af rn.

Bottom line is U know ur body. And I bet you have researched this surgery inside &out...so u know the signs of if something is wrong. If ur brave & in want, take a LIGHT hit of some reggies (sumn that aint too strong. Dont go rolling up some couchlock) and see how u feel. If good, go again. If not, stop. I would roll up a paper & not load a bowl or bong or blunt, pray & unplug.

I would NOT do this on day 1, 2 or 3.... My bestie scolded me for not waiting a month like i said i would pre-surgery.

Pretty close, if you are thinking of the Steve Miller Band's song "The Joker":

"....I'm a joker

I'm a smoker

I'm a midnight toker..."

Yeahhh, I don't feel that old, other people know that song.

Im a smoker...

Im a choker....

Im a late night toker!

aww i love your response. thank you ! i wish i had friend who smokes! i have not one but my husband. but i need girlfriends dammit! youre lucky :)

I think it's sad the stigma involved with marijuana. The way you had to throw the 'disclaimer' in before you posted your question. I mean, nobody does that with alcohol? 26 states have marijuana legal in some form, and I'm sure more will follow. It's SO much less dangerous than alcohol. My dad was a pot smoker and a drinker. Guess what he died from at 56? Cirrhosis from drinking. Yup.

That being said, I'm a very casual smoker. Like before surgery, a couple times every few months, to after surgery a couple times a year (2.5 years out from surgery).

I would just be careful newly post op. I think you should wait until you are at least fully healed at around a couple months or so. I ended up cutting way back on smoking it because it hurt when I cough (No idea if it has anything to do with surgery or not, but i can actually feel it in my tummy sometimes when I do), and I would get a little bit of the munchies, although not too bad. I have a hard enough time staying on track lately, so I don't want anything making it even more difficult for me!

Anyway, my two cents ;)

Girl I had surgery on 12/21/16. The pain meds my DR prescribed gave me to much nausea so I stopped taking it because I couldn't keep anything down. A week later I started smoking again and it help with the pain and it made me a much nicer person I don't get the munchies, but I didn't get the munchies before the surgery either. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

yeah thats what i was afraid of also, the NAUSEA. thank goodness it worked out for you. and i also dont get the muchies that bad rn (pre op) so thats not a HUGE concern of mine thankfully. Good luck :)

My munches are worse post op. I do terrabites. One tiny blueberry does the trick.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I think it's sad the stigma involved with marijuana. The way you had to throw the 'disclaimer' in before you posted your question. I mean, nobody does that with alcohol? 26 states have marijuana legal in some form, and I'm sure more will follow. It's SO much less dangerous than alcohol. My dad was a pot smoker and a drinker. Guess what he died from at 56? Cirrhosis from drinking. Yup.

That being said, I'm a very casual smoker. Like before surgery, a couple times every few months, to after surgery a couple times a year (2.5 years out from surgery).

I would just be careful newly post op. I think you should wait until you are at least fully healed at around a couple months or so. I ended up cutting way back on smoking it because it hurt when I cough (No idea if it has anything to do with surgery or not, but i can actually feel it in my tummy sometimes when I do), and I would get a little bit of the munchies, although not too bad. I have a hard enough time staying on track lately, so I don't want anything making it even more difficult for me!

Anyway, my two cents ;)

Ugh I know, I always try to get people to understand that it isnt as bad as some of our older generation make it seem, but only because of what they were taught. I alson wont smoke too often if it causes me to over indulge. and im sorry for your loss hun :'(

Anyway, my two cents ;)

Ugh I know, I always try to get people to understand that it isnt as bad as some of our older generation make it seem, but only because of what they were taught. I alson wont smoke too often if it causes me to over indulge. and im sorry for your loss hun :'(

"Older generation?". I couldn't hear what you said. Can you speak up sweetie? :)

I am in the exact same situation. I am 15 days post op and I smoked last night. I had not eaten dinner yet and actually I had eaten very little all day, other than Protein shakes and Water. So when I got home I had some Soup. I ate half the can way more than I have eaten yet. Today I was thinking I was ready to buy some to have at home but I didn't bc of the munchies. I want my surgery to be successful and it really frustrates me that smoking isn't really good for my diet. Hopefully that will change bc I miss smoking.

I think muchies wise, planning out beforehand such as getting a little bowl of veges/fruit would probably solve that senario for us all. Just eat slowly lol. I wish you the best of luck ♡♡♡
Yes I agree if you plan ahead you do better and I think just eat beforehand. That way you know you've already had your food and if you really want something sweet just eat a sugar free popsicle.