Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had shrimp and wine last night. But I am further out than the criterion expressed. ;-).

@@LipstickLady

I'm ready to watch!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=eating+popcorn+gif&view=detailv2&&id=ABA84A436B12CF7F2696D0EFA27C7B6D9469E8FB&selectedIndex=60&ccid=ZOMYIDdi&simid=608003418261753331&thid=OIP.M64e318203762d9c03a00a0c16ed00e2do0

I don't know how to post a picture or gif in the body of the message, so i'm just gonna leave that there.

Edited by Hammer_Down

I'd rather have the truth from a vet any day. But then again, I'm old enough to know someone seeking justification usually knows they're in the wrong.

As a total noob, I appreciate you vets yelling at people for being morons - God bless you for your eternal patience! I'm only 3 months out and find myself rolling my eyes at the same posts over and over. "Look!" I want to say, "The poster two down asked the same question two days ago!" But two days post-op, I know you just want someone to acknowledge that your life sucks right now.

But still - fried shrimp? Seriously?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I definitely appreciate the vets with snarkiness. I also appreciate the wisdom and experience you all have. So, thanks!

Also, people can be idiots. :-I I don't know how some people expect to succeed if they don't follow the plan. They put themselves at serious risk.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

This is a response to a thread started about someone's first real meal 23 days after surgery containing fried shrimp, shrimp scampi, creamy shrimp Pasta, rice and an alcoholic beverage.

I missed it, but they're all the same, whether shrimp, cake, the most fibrous fruits or a side of beef. I take it that Mr. Shrimp was whining about pain rather than bragging about her glutton or "foodie" creds? As an aside, no wonder why shrimp are now on the vulnerable species list.

This is a response to a thread started about someone's first real meal 23 days after surgery containing fried shrimp, shrimp scampi, creamy shrimp Pasta, rice and an alcoholic beverage.

I missed it, but they're all the same, whether shrimp, cake, the most fibrous fruits or a side of beef. I take it that Mr. Shrimp was whining about pain rather than bragging about her glutton or "foodie" creds? As an aside, no wonder why shrimp are now on the vulnerable species list.

Sadly it was more the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Something has occurred to me several times when people post to lament or brag about their dumb moves. In my experience, such things have come up only in BP. Never at the many support group meetings I've attended in over seven years or in the now-defunct band groups within sparkpeople.com did anyone ever speak of such poor thinking or apparently total ignorance or stupidity. There were plenty of people who were confused or misunderstood something, but none ever took polls or collected opinions as a way to give them permission to be idiotic.

I avoid most of those posts. I had basically zero issues post-op. My biggest issue has been raging hormones which no one else seems to post about. I can't relate to people with pain or nausea issues, so I just skip those posts. My whole recovery has been so easy and for the most part I feel so normal, I forget I even had surgery some days.

Very true! Every person IS different though. For example, I read the stories on here about the pain and problems and nausea people have 2, 3, 4 even 6 months out...i experienced NONE of that. Like this surgery and recovery, to me, has been EASY and at times it's difficult for me to wrap my head around all the problems that I read on here.

I'm hoping that my recovery is like yours. I had my gallbladder out 2 years ago and the first week after it was hell. Lots of pain and nauseous. Then I had to deal with Constipation.< p>I had emergency surgery. Gallbladder was very ticked off and I think flipped me the bird as it was removed. Lol

I really appreciate all the knowledge I've gained since joining this forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using the BariatricPal App

I had shrimp and wine last night. But I am further out than the criterion expressed. ;-).

Has the Mrs. returned yet? Was the wine drank from a solo cup? Lol

I will admit that this thread inspired me to buy 2 pounds of big ol shrimp today (16-20 per pound) and bacon to wrap them with. Mmmmm!

Rebel!

I've started assuming anyone offended is just hangry

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Maybe they should have a Snickers candy bar? :)

Has the Mrs. returned yet? Was the wine drank from a solo cup? Lol

Haha, I'm not that far gone. I was using a small coffee cup. :P She's not due back for a little while. It's kind of boring around here without her.