Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st actual meal 23 days POSt Op

If i was going to eat something after not eating for a long time it wouldn't be trash peasant food like Red Lobster. Lol if you are going to eat seafood, eat real seafood.

If i was going to eat something after not eating for a long time it wouldn't be trash peasant food like Red Lobster. Lol if you are going to eat seafood, eat real seafood.

I thought their slogan was "Come see what's fresh today". Their new slogan of "Trash peasant food" doesn't sound very good for their business.

Probably not. I have a marketing degree but I wouldn't waste my skills on Red Lobster. Maybe Bonefish Grill...

I thought their slogan was "Come see what's fresh today". Their new slogan of "Trash peasant food" doesn't sound very good for their business.

I'm about to hit 3 months post op. There isn't much I am no longer allowed. That said, Protein first, not to mention the physical consequences of poor CHOICES, makes this easy. Darwin will take care of this.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Probably not. I have a marketing degree but I wouldn't waste my skills on Red Lobster. Maybe Bonefish Grill...

We have a local place called Lucky Fins that's amazing. I can't get enough of their Ahi.

Like the comment about infant stomach that's exactly what I compare my new self to. I am training myself to eat correctly and right amounts. Your new stomach can hold only about 2-4 ounces of food each meal. No drinking anything at least 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after. You will fill up with liquid and not get the Protein you need. My diet was no caffeine, alcohol, sugar, carbs. Just Water and Protein.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Everyone's post-op plan is different, I'm on week 7 and I'm allowed to start introducing basically any food chewed very well, just no more than 1/2 cup, although I've been sticking to small salad with little bits of shredded turkey. My plan is in no way close to others I've seen on here

attachicon.gifNew Doc_1(3).jpgattachicon.gifNew Doc_1(4).jpg

Sent from my SamsungGalaxy using BariatricPal App

Week 7 is a lot longer out than the 25 days.

I can't say if the op is a troll or not. If she isn't then I truly feel sorry for her. The horrible choices that she is making can be life threatening at her stage of the game. Hopefully the reason why she hasn't responded yet isn't because she is laying in a hospital bed somewhere.

There is enough information in her bio to figure out that she isn't a troll. I was able to find her on farcebook and she posted recently. The only thing that I can say is that she needs help and I feel sorry for her.

There is enough information in her bio to figure out that she isn't a troll. I was able to find her on farcebook and she posted recently. The only thing that I can say is that she needs help and I feel sorry for her.

understatement of the decade

I think she got it that it wasn't the brightest idea to eat that food, since she hasn't been back. I wonder what the next piece of entertainment will revolve around? Cookies, baby back ribs or deep dish pizza?!?

Nilla

It seems She had surgery to lose 50 lbs. She lost close to a third of that. Her goal weight is higher than some of the starting weights. Her goal weight serves her for her stated profession.

Nothing to see here for me. The moment she Hits 240, life will be good..

...moving on...

You know what, It's not what I would have but don't let anyone get you down or feel beat up. Look, this is a hard process. We don't know what kind of information you have or what kind of support you have. You focus on eating the Protein on that plate and understand it's not the healthiest. But you could barely eat any of it and your stomach won't blow up. The only real danger is setting high caloric habits now that will counteract the positive benefits of your surgery.

But the food looked great and I'm sure it tasted great too! I hope you aren't feeling too down, I'm sure you got what feels like some nasty responses but try to focus on the good information - I see some good tips in the thread, and ignore any judgements as they don't help you get to where you need to be.

I am 6 days post-op Gastric Bypass and that plate and the specific cocktail you named sounds amazing to me!!! I know it's the devil in angel clothes though because it's that same kind of plate and drink that made me an out of control food addict, and miserably overweight... I am reminded of why I have gone through this tremendously painful surgery and very expensive out of pocket expense when I see this plate and can't help but feel ashamed that I'm even slightly tempted. I'm not judging you, but please always remember why you had surgery. Remember how far you have come and what an absolute blessing you have been given with your new tool, and don't abuse it. I want you to be as successful as possible, and we all have our own demons we must confront, so stay strong on your path and don't give in to temptation!!! I don't see a problem with a few bites if you can stop there, as long as your doc says it's okay. Take care of yourself always!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App