Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you guys go back to work?

I was back to work after a week. However, that is just me. Each person's body reacts differently. So see how you feel before you rush to work. There is no harm in taking some extra time to heal yourself completely as 'your health is the most important thing' and work can wait.

All the best with your surgery. May God give you lots and lots of strength before, during and after the surgery.

When did you guys go back to work?

@@cnewbodyreno

the second i woke up in the recovery room!!!! :rolleyes:

i was/am happily retired

kathy

I have 2 jobs, 1 easy desk job I work PT at night and and my day job. I had surgery on 12/21 went back to the night job on 12/27...I shouldn't have the 1st night was torture. I went back tot he day job on 1/2 and again I shouldn't have. I went ahead and used my doctors not to take 2 weeks from my day job, Id rather go back 100%. 2 weeks from both jobs would have been ok, 3-4 weeks from both to get my eating and drinking perfected would have been perfect.

I had three surgeries on Jan 26th 2016- sleeve, hernia repair and gallbladder removal. I went back to work on March 1st. I had 2 weeks of liquids only, 1 week of adding just 1 egg to the liquids. After the 3rd week I was able to eat mushy foods. After a week of mushy foods I went back to work as a rehab teacher of blind adults. I was concerned about being too weak so I took the full 4 weeks off, so glad I did.

Seriously. I was sleeved on a Tuesday, released from hospital on the Thursday, worked from home on Friday and back at the office on Monday. Granted I have a desk job but I was perfectly fine. I am in and out of meetings all day and thought this was a good way to keep my mind occupied. I didn't take any pain meds or nausea once I left the hospital and didn't need them.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had surgery on 12/19 and will go back to work this Wednesday, 1/11, so about 3.5 weeks off. When I was doing my pre-op appointments, the nurse practitioner said she prefers to keep everyone out at least 3 weeks unless it's absolutely necessary for them to go back sooner - she said her reasoning for that is that it allows people time to get into their eating/drinking routine, which in her experience leads to fewer people heading to the ER for IV fluids after going back to work and forgetting to drink enough. So for that reason I was happy to have the 3.5 weeks off. Energy and pain wise, I probably could have gone back 1 week after I left the hospital. I didn't need any pain meds once I left the hospital, and I was fortunate that the swelling in my stomach pretty quickly went down to a level where I could hit my fluid goals and either hit or come pretty close to my Protein goals every day so my energy has stayed ok. Everybody's different, though!

I'm so glad I am not the only one who struggles with fluids not being able to down a cup of Water like before surgery it makes Water hard to incorporate all day long

Sent from my LG-K330 using the BariatricPal App

If I could drink water like I did before surgery, it wouldn't be a problem, having to sip it all day, it's hard to get all the water down, I'm almost 5 weeks out, and I have built myself up to 2 and 1/4 bottles of water a day so 36oz water daily, 6 oz of Protein shake, 4-6oz puréed food, maybe 1-2 SF popsicles so I think that makes my 48oz min Fluid intake, or close to it

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I flew from eastern Canada to Mexico the day before my surgery and back (almost 24 hrs of flying/airports) 3 days later.

I was home for 2 days and back to work. I work 70 hrs a week, away from home for 7 days at a time and I was fine. No pain meds allowed (drug test for work).

Seriously, my period cramps are 10,000,000,000 times worse than this surgery was, and I can't even take a few hours off for those.

I was sleeved on a Tuesday, and I was ready to go back to work on the next Monday. Actually went back the Wednesday after that, since our FMLA contractors were being obtuse.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I took 1 week off. At the end of that week I wanted to die or go back to work because I was so tired of laying around!!!! I run a resort, so not much lifting, just standing, walking and talking! I get a little tired from lack of calories, but overall pretty great!

SW:327 CW:239 GW:155

Heather in Texas