Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2016-Surgery Date. Where are you now?

9 months post op nearly and only 10lb to goal and feeling great. Did struggle for about 5 months with vomiting and I was really worried it would never stop but 99% of time now I am fine. I can eat pretty much anything I want just a much smaller amount. Can't wait to reach my goal. Need to up my exercise now as not really done a lot TBH. Has some loose skin on thighs and tummy but nothing to bad and hope toning up and building muscle will help.

Here is my log of weight loss.

Weight:

18/10/16. 111k 17st 4lb 238lb

28/10/16 surgery day.

07/11/16 103kg. 16st 1.9 (day 9) -1st 2lb
226lb

03/12/16 15st0.6lb 210.6 lb 95kg - 2st
0.4lb

13/12/16. 14st 13lb 209lb. 94.8kg -2st 2lb

19/12/16 14st 10lb 206lb 93.6kg. -2st 5lb

26/12/16. 14st 8.5 204.5lb 92.5kg -2st 7.5

03/01/17. 14.5.6. 201.6 91.6 -2st 10.5

05/01/17. 14.3. 199 whoop onederland 2st

31/01/17 13.7.4 189.4 3 stone 10.6lb 86kg
6 inch loss from waist

5/02/17 13.4.8 186 3 stone 13lb 84kg

12/03/17 12.12 180lb 81kg 4stone 6lb

4/4/17 12..5 173lb 78.6kg 4st 12.5

30/4/17 12.00 168lb 76.3kg 5st 3.5

14/06 11.7 161lb 5st 10.5 73.1kg

24/7/17 11.3.2 157.2lb 71.45lb -6 stone

Age 45 from U.K. Can't seem to add pic at moment x

1 day away from my 9th month anniversary. I am currently 165. Still 15lbs away from goal, but I reached a milestone this past weekend. I was able to fit into a size 8 jean from Gap (not legging material)!!! Weight loss is a little slow now. Still vomit once or twice a week, but overall much better. :)

I'm 93lbs down, 9 months out tomorrow. Currently in Wonderful Onederland My surgeon would be happy with another 11-20lbs, but I have loftier goals. I for sure wanted to lose 100lbs in the first year and I know that will happen. Still the best decision I have ever made.

Wow you guys! Truly inspiring! I'm a May sleever so it makes me excited to see how well you guys are doing! Congrats

I'm down 93 lbs and currently in onederland! I really only want to lose another 15lbs or so. Weight loss is slower, but still coming off.
IMG_2736.thumb.jpg.14e477ba6b177ff293329e6c4fbd9944.jpg IMG_4467.thumb.JPG.5452d04d4c42905aeaa870ef144c20e9.JPG

Wow you look great

Wow you look great

How did u get pictures to work mine won't post?

I'm down 100lbs - 38lbs more to go.

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:55 AM, TiredOfMyself said:

I'm down 89 pounds but my weight loss has pretty much stopped. I still want to lose 50 more pounds!

I'm with you. I float between 90lbs down and 93lbs down. I still have another 60 that I want to lose. I work out 6 days a week and eat under 1200 calories a day. Not sure what is happening, but I guess I'll just focus on getting stronger and hope the weight loss comes on it's own.

So glad this thread is still going. Im down 94lbs from surgery. Trying to get to 100lbs lost by my 1 year post up. About 20lbs away from goal which i hope to reach by my 1 year post op appointment if im being honest with myself lol. But anything under 150 is gravy i think.

Sent from my SM-G925T using BariatricPal mobile app

Is anyone else having a hard time reaching 100lbs lost? I'm 5lbs away & cant seem to shake those 5 lbs plus I've got about 40 more to go! I've seen several people say they are well past 100lbs lost! Please don't let me be the only one not meting this goal!

It's great to hear all of your updates!!

I was sleeved Oct 3, 2016. High weight 239, surgery day 219, Goal= 139. Current= 136! Feeling really good. Still hard to believe how good I feel in the mornings, and how much more I can do day to day. My next goal is to firm up. Trying to go to the gym and weight train, especially my arms and abs. Here's a cool thing- I can actually SEE the lines in my abs where there is definition. I haven't seen this since I was 12 or 13. I love it!

Tomorrow I am driving my daughter up for her 3rd year in college, and then I am traveling west to see my parents and visit some home state friends. I am actually really excited, and confidant. I had been hiding myself way in shame for soooo many years, embarrassed about the way I looked. So I guess the best thing about my 103 lb weight loss is my new health and the way I feel, and how that translates in a new confidant lifestyle.

8 hours ago, lorimayes said:

Is anyone else having a hard time reaching 100lbs lost? I'm 5lbs away & cant seem to shake those 5 lbs plus I've got about 40 more to go! I've seen several people say they are well past 100lbs lost! Please don't let me be the only one not meting this goal!

Just posted yesterday that I need 7lbs to reach 100 lbs lost. and that was in response to someone else stuck at 89. Rest easy, there you are one of many. :)

I actually saw the number 10 flash up on my scales this morning so happy. Current weight 10st 13lb ( 153lb )my goal is only 6lb away but may try for a bit more once I hit target. But these last few lb have been very slow! Really wanted to add a picture but for some reason it won't let me.

Surgery 28th October 2016 240lb
Current weight 153lb lost so far 87lb in just over 9 months x

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 3 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

3. NickelChip

I think it's important to remember that the weight charts and BMI ranges were developed a very long time ago and only intended to be applied to people who have never been overweight or obese. Those numbers aren't for us. When you are larger, especially for a long time, your body develops extra bone to support the weight. Your organs get a little bigger to handle the extra mass. Your entire infrastructure increases so you can support and function with the extra weight. That doesn't all go away just because you burn off the excess fat. If you still had a pair of jeans from your skinniest point in life and then lost weight to get to the exact number on the scale you were when those jeans fit you, chances are they would be a little baggy now because you would actually be thinner than you were, even though the scale and the BMI chart disagree. When in doubt, listen to the jeans, not the scale!

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches